Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 01:10   #91
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

Hi Neel, i could not stop myself from putting in a comment after going through this thread! Hats off to your passion for automobiles!!

I had the pleasure of enjoying an original Fiesta 1.6 S on the Ooty twisties and man was that a ride to remember!!

I was sharing the driving load with my boss who owned the car and had his wife and daughter sitting at the back. Decided to take over from him once i got to know his Yankee ways of driving hadn't taught him to slip and balance the clutch to avoid sliding back on a slope.

From that point its an experience which will always be special. Around 12 kms of the twisties turned his wife and daughter green and we had to take a couple of puke-stops !!

I learnt driving on an Esteem and that experience turned me towards HPS.
And what i got to experience on the Ford 1.6S was perfection. I could literally tell the car to mark its tracks!!!!

Too bad i never got to own one since by the time i was in a position to consider purchasing a car, the 1.6S had already been phased out and the internals were watered down on the Classic by pulling stuff over from the Figo. Nevertheless you cant beat down something completely which has been built on a great platform and the Fiesta Classic/Figo chassis is really a beauty.

Its really sad that Ford seems to have totally shifted their focus to mass market cars and the iconic Fiesta has been totally wiped off from their offerings in India.

Even today if i get to meet someone who drives a 1.6S , the conversations usually have a humble requested masked somewhere..."Can i please take your car for a spin!"

Btw i saw that there were a few discussions about the HPS and EPS, and i wanted to share my observations which i felt while TDing a Fiesta Diesel.

The Fiesta TDCI had an EPS, but the unit was calibrated so brilliantly that i felt it was the closest thing to a HPS unit that i got to experience.

But since you are such an admirer of HPS units, i think you should drive a Linea T Jet to taste the segment benchmark. Again a great car which doesnt get its due recognition owing to our "Kitna deti hae" ideology.

I dont see that day too far when you would be flooring TooFun on the Durgapur Expressway!!!

Keep revving dude!

Last edited by adneo : 19th November 2015 at 01:15.
adneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 21:13   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

One word: Brilliant! Let me first tell something to you. This is seriously some fantastic writing. And not just writing but it's coupled with some great data, knowledge and observations on your Ford. When I was of your age, I could barely write a paragraph and here you are with a pro-like review.

Rating it most deserved 5 stars!

And the car- just like how I like it. Nothing flashy, just all the basics right in place. Great engine, awesome handling and that classic look which do not resemble to any 'insect' or 'animal' like most modern cars. These designs just look like a C-A-R; what it is supposed to be. Take care of her (I'm sure you will). With proper love, care and maintenance, it will serve you faithfully for long!

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 22:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

@Neel--the picture of your car beside that lake looks fabulous. And now I have got an answer to where I should place my 'got bhp' sticker. I was shying away till now, thinking the colour won't match. But it seems to be a perfect match!

I an relate to the way the car responds on highway drives. I too had a plan to drive to Rourkela in Feb 2016 to attend a wedding. But as others in my family have constraints of leave, we decided to take a train. Otherwise the drive would have taken 2 days in each direction from Hyderabad. But given a chance, I'd still like to drive. That's the thrill of driving the 1.6 Duratec Sigma!

I am waiting for the day when you get to drive her. Best wishes.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:28   #94
BHPian

@Neel
Excellent review!
Took a while to read the entire review and hence replying after long! Sorry!
I love the way you have written it li'l fella!
My friend owns exactly the same car as you but with a different color and going by his experience I can totally associate that with yours!
Wishing you many happy miles with your ride... and 5 years later by being in the driver's seat!
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 11:26   #95
BHPian

Neel, excellent review at your age, a level of understanding which simply I never possessed during my school days, and congratulations for getting a car which is built by heart or for purists, 1.6L is gem to drive coupled with right chassis and hydraulic steering. I should learn a thing or two from you about content writing. I would say, you have great career in your hands. I wish you get a proper driving licence soon.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 21:18   #96
BHPian

Sorry for being late to the party but nevertheless brilliantly put forward ownership review neel. It has really an astonishing level of detail which can be found in very few of the ownership threads,
something which even my ownership thread lacks. But heartiest congratulations on being the owner of what simply is one of the best sedan of the Indian market at one time. Enjoy the car brother and I can assure you this much that you're gonna have tonnes of fun the day you get your DL and sit behind that lovely responsive HPS steering and drive around on the road. Do update the thread about the ownership experience of your "To of an".

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 23:50   #97
BHPian

Merry X-Mas and a very happy new year BHPians. I am happy to report that TooFun just completed 6000 kms!

The Old-is-cool Ford is running extremely well. She has attained a special place in our hearts. They say that if you don't look back at your car after you have parked her, you have bought the wrong car. Well, I have gazed at her every single time I have walked out of that door.

The engine has become a LOT more smoother now. Barely audible at lower RPMs, throaty at mid range, and loud yet not being harsh at the same time during high-revving. The center of all this is a gem called the 1.6 Duratec, I tell you! FE has been varying between 13-15 km/l.

Also, I estimated her next service cost through this tool.
Cross posting from the same thread:
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun-service-calculator.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Hi Neel, i could not stop myself from putting in a comment after going through this thread! Hats off to your passion for automobiles!!
Thanks a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
One word: Brilliant! Let me first tell something to you. This is seriously some fantastic writing. And not just writing but it's coupled with some great data, knowledge and observations on your Ford. When I was of your age, I could barely write a paragraph and here you are with a pro-like review.

Rating it most deserved 5 stars!

Regards,
Saket.
Thank you Sir!

Quote:
And the car- just like how I like it. Nothing flashy, just all the basics right in place. Great engine, awesome handling and that classic look which do not resemble to any 'insect' or 'animal' like most modern cars. These designs just look like a C-A-R; what it is supposed to be. Take care of her (I'm sure you will). With proper love, care and maintenance, it will serve you faithfully for long!
Exactly. Agree with all of your points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Neel--the picture of your car beside that lake looks fabulous. And now I have got an answer to where I should place my 'got bhp' sticker. I was shying away till now, thinking the colour won't match. But it seems to be a perfect match!
Thank you again! The way you have maintained your Red Injun is just out oof this world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
@Neel
Excellent review!
Took a while to read the entire review and hence replying after long! Sorry!
I love the way you have written it li'l fella!
My friend owns exactly the same car as you but with a different color and going by his experience I can totally associate that with yours!
Wishing you many happy miles with your ride... and 5 years later by being in the driver's seat!
Thanks. 5 years seems to be a long wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
Neel, excellent review at your age, a level of understanding which simply I never possessed during my school days, and congratulations for getting a car which is built by heart or for purists, 1.6L is gem to drive coupled with right chassis and hydraulic steering. I should learn a thing or two from you about content writing. I would say, you have great career in your hands. I wish you get a proper driving licence soon.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Sorry for being late to the party but nevertheless brilliantly put forward ownership review neel. It has really an astonishing level of detail which can be found in very few of the ownership threads,
something which even my ownership thread lacks.
Thank you Shubhra Da! Glad you liked it.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 26th December 2015 at 23:52.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 21:49   #98
BHPian

And...here are the next set of pics. TooFun on the way to Purbasthali, travelogue coming up soon! Stay tuned.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun.jpg

Spread your wings, beauty!
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun2.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun3.jpg

Regards,
Neel

P.S: 6500+ kms on the odo!
petrolhead_neel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:13   #99
BHPian

Awaiting your travelogue Neel; seeking some pictures of the migratory birds which are usually sighted in the Purbasthali Region at this time of the year !!

I feel that the previous front chrome grill gave a dash of bling and some character to the car which is now lost somewhere. Try and make the Cross Member portion of the front Bumper either Black or Matt Black to give it some more contrast with chrome grill and it shall look more awesome than ever !!

A picture of my Old Ikon for Reference :
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-dsc06317.jpg
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:37   #100
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic thread Neel. Many Congratulations for the Fiesta 1.6 !

For someone still in high-school, this is one brilliant write-up. Great presentation and the review totally shows your love for the Fiesta. I'm sure once you cross the legal age of driving, this car will plaster a smile as wide as Africa on your face.

I once had a privilege to drive a Fiesta 1.6 S from Theni to Munnar and I was mighty impressed by the car, delightful handling around the corners and a very enthusiastic engine. Good choice buddy !!
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 00:55   #101
BHPian

Excellent review Neel Congratulations on your new beast. The way you have put together the review shows your affection for automobiles.

As pointed out by everyone, the fiesta is one of the most fun to drive car with that brilliant 1.6s engine and its exceptional handling, though I didn't get a chance to drive it(still 2 years before I get my driving license). You will surely have a great time with her. And she looks damn gorgeous in that colour.
Raj_RD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 22:56   #102
BHPian

A 5 star level review written with so so much of passion, of a beautiful car that is one of the last in the breed. I drive a S10, and I can understand why you love certain things of your Classic so much. Unfortunately, cars now won't be the same again. New is not necessarily better, and cars like the Classic prove it

Last edited by RevvMusic : 7th January 2016 at 22:57.
RevvMusic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 14:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Good pics Neel. The service cost you have estimated is for the 3rd Service is it? I am due for the 3rd service on my car as it has completed 13500 kms in 13 months.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 23:00   #104
BHPian

TooFun is absolutely rocking it! 6980kms on the odo and so far so good, touch wood! She was abandoned for a while and when I started the engine, she cranked to life immediately and the engine sang in such a way that it wanted to convey. "Let's go out for a drive!" "Unfortunately, that'd have to wait !" was my reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Fantastic thread Neel. Many Congratulations for the Fiesta 1.6 !

For someone still in high-school, this is one brilliant write-up. Great presentation and the review totally shows your love for the Fiesta. I'm sure once you cross the legal age of driving, this car will plaster a smile as wide as Africa on your face.

I once had a privilege to drive a Fiesta 1.6 S from Theni to Munnar and I was mighty impressed by the car, delightful handling around the corners and a very enthusiastic engine. Good choice buddy !!
Thank you Arunabh Da!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Awaiting your travelogue Neel; seeking some pictures of the migratory birds which are usually sighted in the Purbasthali Region at this time of the year !!
Extremely sorry for the delay. I had exams going on which are ending tomorrow. I will post it soon.
Quote:

I feel that the previous front chrome grill gave a dash of bling and some character to the car which is now lost somewhere. Try and make the Cross Member portion of the front Bumper either Black or Matt Black to give it some more contrast with chrome grill and it shall look more awesome than ever !!

A picture of my Old Ikon for Reference :
Attachment 1454488
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will try to get the cross member portion wrapped, ala the 1.6S. That would look super cool. Another nice addition would be the blackening of the chrome surrounds in the headlights.

BTW, your Ikon looks smashing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
Excellent review Neel Congratulations on your new beast. The way you have put together the review shows your affection for automobiles.

As pointed out by everyone, the fiesta is one of the most fun to drive car with that brilliant 1.6s engine and its exceptional handling, though I didn't get a chance to drive it(still 2 years before I get my driving license). You will surely have a great time with her. And she looks damn gorgeous in that colour.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
A 5 star level review written with so so much of passion, of a beautiful car that is one of the last in the breed. I drive a S10, and I can understand why you love certain things of your Classic so much. Unfortunately, cars now won't be the same again. New is not necessarily better, and cars like the Classic prove it
Absolutely!

Thank you for the post RevvMusic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good pics Neel. The service cost you have estimated is for the 3rd Service is it? I am due for the 3rd service on my car as it has completed 13500 kms in 13 months.
Yes, its indeed for the 3rd service. Thats quite some running! Any issues so far?

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 12th January 2016 at 23:01.
Old 13th January 2016, 13:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Yes, its indeed for the 3rd service. Thats quite some running! Any issues so far?
There were no issues as such barring 2 instances of rat menace taking a toll on the wiring/air filter. But both jobs were done impeccably. Car was back to normal driving after getting them fixed. Thinking of switching to synthetic oil during this service so my cost might be slightly higher than the estimate.

The car is immense fun on the highways. Recently did a trip with full load of 5 adults and luggage for a 3 day trip. Passengers never complained of any aches/pains/discomfort during or after the drive. The car performed flawlessly even on ghat sections without ever feeling under powered. The love and respect for Ford and that beautiful 1.6 Duratech has grown multi fold after this trip. Car always felt planted even at high 3 digit speeds and my dad was always thinking we were going 30kmph lesser than what we were. Such is the speed masking ability of the car. AC is a chiller and cools the car within couple of minutes even after being under direct sun for nearly 2 hours. All in all, pretty happy that I got hold of this gem before production was stopped and I am also glad I opted for the Petrol rather than the Diesel as that 1.6 engine note between 3k-4k RPM is music to the ears!!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 13th January 2016 at 13:27.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks