Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 17:14   #31
BHPian

Re: My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The mode button on the steering wheel for the avn is a bit tacky and the system is sluggish to respond. The navigation system is useless IMO, you ll be better off using google-maps on phone.
I use maps a lot and am wondering what maps they are providing? HERE? or MapMyIndia? If there are using HERE, can we swap with MapMyIndia?

The RMs don't see to know these basic things.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 21:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Nice short and sweet initial report!!! Written straight from heart!!! Loved it.
Do you mind sharing the price split? Or the price sheet from your Nexa dealer?? Just wondering if tax is the only culprit here.
Here s the split (All prices ex cochin)
1.3 DDIS 200
Ex showroom - 11,24,012 (Zeta here is 9,99,900)
RTO -112401 (Zeta 74992)
Insurance - 33256 (Zeta 29900)
Registration - 550
Extended warranty - 15441
Total 12,85,660 (Zeta 11,20,783)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats!
Fix that stupid grille and its a nice looking car. I quite like it.
Suggestions welcome from fellow bhpians

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The way I have seen Ertigas pull on the highway with the 1.3 MJD, I was quite sure that the S-Cross 200 would also be a decent performer.
There are two instances when the 200 feels really under-powered. When seeing a 1.6 and when logged into team bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
What makes matter worse is changing the 'eye-sore' leading to warranty getting void for suspension(Is it confirmed?). :

Do update once you decide to go for a remap. That would help you extract the true potential of this car. Somehow I feel this one would remain understated somewhat like Punto 90HP. A heavily built(in a good way) car with excellent dynamics but an under-powered engine(DDiS320 being out of reach for many folks).
Wolfmoto says a minimum run in of 5000km.
There will be warranty issues. I am sort of turning a blind eye towards warranty.

Not that the 320 is out of reach. It was way beyond a sensible budget allocation for this class of a car at this stage in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Congratulations!! I liked the logic behind going for the DDIS-200 i.e. "winding roads, can't go beyond 80kmph and so a 320 is not required"; all of this made sense.
May be there is a bit of 'sour grapes' element in my decision as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
I recently took a TD of 200 DDiS Zeta. I found the dead pedal to be a little bit intruding and a few inches too close to the clutch. How do you find it?
See the pic below for reference
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-deadpedal.jpg
I have never found it as an issue.
Thats my size 10 Bata shoe.
I feel that the dead pedal is at a lower level compared to clutch. So you often have to lift the left leg to engage the clutch than just sliding/rotaing the foot. This is the real irritant IMO compared with the Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I am also considering the S-Cross early next year so would be great if update the thread once you have done some homework on the engine remap and warranty.
Sure it will void the warranty. Will have to be done without their knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Just a question, How is the boot space in real life?
353 liters is not too much compared to you Dzire, but with it's design you might be able to fit in much more easily.
The boot is smaller than in the old Dzire. But I had a 12 inch JBL bass tube in the Dzire boot that reduced the space. Still I did not need much. I dont have many airport runs. During long trips I can utilise the flip forward rear seat.

Last edited by sandygordon : 9th September 2015 at 21:48.
sandygordon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 22:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Talking about the problem I faced. Sometimes when I start the engine, the music comes up with a high volume and subsidizes gradually. The high sound is unbearable and might hamper the speakers. Other owners please check if you are facing similar issues.[/b]
During the TD last week, my colleague turned the engine off and cranked it back up - the system was tuned to Radio Indigo - and we did not notice anything like what you described.

Quote:
Rainguard has also come - Rs 1400 for a set. Not yet decided whether to go for it. Spoiler is ready, but I stayed away from it.
Please! Keep off from the rain guards. They're known to make the best of cars appear dud! Just my personal opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
In Delhi, 1.3 Alpha will cost 12.4 lacs, that makes your Scorpio 2.3 lacs more costly.
Quote:
Total 12,85,660 (Zeta 11,20,783)
The mighty K state next door has a cool 90,000 premium on the "premium X-over"! Delhi prices are almost a variant apart!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I use maps a lot and am wondering what maps they are providing? HERE? or MapMyIndia? If there are using HERE, can we swap with MapMyIndia?
The RMs don't see to know these basic things.
It's the HERE maps (pronounced "heerey" in the local Finnish dialect) from Nokia. And yes, sometimes I end up asking my RM something only to answer myself. No offense meant

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2015 at 07:56. Reason: Rephrasing
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 22:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Premium hatch back!. I got my Scorpio S10 Automatic for 80K more!
In Delhi, 1.3 Alpha will cost 12.4 lacs, that makes your Scorpio 2.3 lacs more costly.
Edit: checked carwale, its costing 300k more

Last edited by sourabhzen : 9th September 2015 at 22:10.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 06:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Edit: checked carwale, its costing 300k more
Yes it does. But I compared the top spec AT variant. How about a S4+ or S8? I am just not able to justify the pricing of S Cross. This is my personal view.
Old 10th September 2015, 08:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Yes it does. But I compared the top spec AT variant. How about a S4+ or S8? I am just not able to justify the pricing of S Cross. This is my personal view.
Then your post was misleading. Anyone reading it will think that at additional 80k he could go for S10 AT whereas the actual difference in Bangalore is 325 k. I test drove S cross, and I think 1.3's cost is completely justified.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 09:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suggestions welcome from fellow bhpians
Either the grille from the UK version of the car or fabricate a custom mesh grille through a local body shop. I would prefer the latter as it will look better if done well and cheaper too.

A double mesh grille in black with narrow cuts will looks very good in my opinion. Will go well with smoked headlights.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 11:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not that the 320 is out of reach. It was way beyond a sensible budget allocation for this class of a car at this stage in my life.
That's what I meant. And you are not the only one. For many of us that will be the issue. No matter how enthusiastic we get somewhere we would look for the VFM quotient(even if in a little proportion)

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th September 2015 at 11:02.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Either the grille from the UK version of the car or fabricate a custom mesh grille through a local body shop. I would prefer the latter as it will look better if done well and cheaper too.

A double mesh grille in black with narrow cuts will looks very good in my opinion. Will go well with smoked headlights.
I think I ll go ahead with a vinyl wrap as stage 1 and smoking the headlamps as stage 2. If the vinyl wrap looks good, may be I can go ahead and paint it black.
Stage 1
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-s-cross-black-grille.jpg

Stage 2
I am a little hesitant in opening the headlamp cluster for painting/smoking.
Will decide later on the stage 2
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-s-cross-black-grille-smoking.jpg
Old 10th September 2015, 13:19   #40
BHPian

Many congrats Sandy and a big thank you.

I have been following your posts on the main thread and based my decision on the inputs you shared. Took delivery of the 1.3 Zeta in Premium Silver from Delhi last Friday.

As per the recommendations given by you and other folks out here, immediately changed the tyres (Pirelli 205/60/16) and the alloys. Got a kit from Nexa which gave me all the basic add-ons and also the illuminated door sil markers which was a special request from my son.

Have driven 800 plus kms so far of which about 575 was a Delhi Lucknow trip and rest local traffic. The cruise control worked like a charm on the Delhi Agra Expressway.

I sincerely request you to please keep updating the thread so that me and others like me can take inputs from your experiences and keep refreshing the car.

Thanks

CJ
cjsarora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 06:44   #41
BHPian

Hi Sandy, congrats on your Hippo. Looks good in Brown with those fat shoes and lovely alloys. I really wanted to buy the 1.6 but then the insane pricing made me cancel my booking. Looking for more pictures and details of your ownership experience.
Old 11th September 2015, 07:38   #42
BHPian

Took the hippo for the first service.
The RM had arranged it for me. The SA took good care of the premium car. The service team was very courteous. Except that the ambience in the service station was like a 1980s post office, everything was fine. He noted down the niggles and promised to correct them. I had asked them to install the mud flaps and change the left wiper blade.

They did an 80 point check, topped the oil and coolant checked the brake and gear oils, changed the left wiper and installed the mud flaps in addition to body wash and interior cleaning. The cost of mud flaps was rs 490 for the set. They changed the wiper blade for free. The gearshift issue has reduced post the service.

They finished the work in three hours. Had to pay only for the mud flaps. The RM called me and enquired about the service. So it was a satisfactory first service by maruti.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 08:38   #43
BHPian

Congratulations and Nice set of alloys. More than the car, I am drooling over those hot alloys and tyres.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 09:40   #44
BHPian

Duster and S cross in brown

With the brown duster
Brown of the S cross had a red/orange tint to it compared to the greenish tint on the Duster
For size comparison
Attached Thumbnails
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-1.jpg  

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-2.jpg  

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-3.jpg  

Last edited by sandygordon : 11th September 2015 at 09:41.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 10:34   #45
BHPian

Congrats on new car. I hope you are enjoying the drive. I saw a blue one few days back here in Bangalore. I liked the front potion of the car, may be rear one would have been designed better. But still it's having great looks.

Can you tell me what's the turning radius of the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks