Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 21:59   #106
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

I shall be buying a diesel vehicle just because diesels give me driving pleasure, specially when the turbo kicks in. I have attached a price to diesel driving pleasure and I have realized it is priceless! So for me all the jargon of clocking high mileage in a diesel only then shall it be economical - is information that is not soup in my bowl!

If the Ciaz had a diesel AMT, I shall be the first to buy it, guess I shall have to settle with her younger sister
Old 29th June 2016, 13:44   #107
BHPian

Sir, Do you reset your average meter too while u fill up ur car tank?
Old 29th June 2016, 14:15   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Sir, Do you reset your average meter too while u fill up ur car tank?
No, not with every tank full - have done it twice or so. Mileage calculation is via tankful to tankful method - and MID differs by it by 1km to 2km/ltr. MID mileage would be more exact if you do reset it with every tankful.
Old 29th June 2016, 20:07   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
No, not with every tank full - have done it twice or so. Mileage calculation is via tankful to tankful method - and MID differs by it by 1km to 2km/ltr. MID mileage would be more exact if you do reset it with every tankful.
i had reset it on every tankful, initially it was apt for the first 3 times and from the last two times it has once been 1km less and 1km more the other time. I also always keep the MID switched to display the average consumption.
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:29   #110
BHPian

Couple of updates ::

Purchased door protector moldings from Authorized Maruti Accessories. Initially thought of getting them painted body color, but to break the monotony of single color, let them remain black. Contrast looks nice !
Cost was about 1800rs.

Second update being that I purchased car detailing coupon from droom.in, for 99rs. Price per detailer was around 1200. Included car washing, claying and finishing it off with paint protector(at 99rs even if it covers washing it justifies, everything extra is bonus).
Scheduled and went to center, washing was done, pretty thorough, claying was done, and instead of stupid wax I was thinking, they used paint sealant from Malco. This one .....>> http://www.malcoautomotive.com/Paint...s-details.aspx

Apprehensive at first, but the shine was amazing afterwords. Was able to take just a single snap, cloudy and about to go dark.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 08:34   #111
BHPian

Update...

Car has just crossed 13000kms, almost 8.5 months old. I am hoping that it would be near 16000kms by the time one year is complete.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-p_20160704_065455_1_p.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 13:04   #112
BHPian

Great .. looking amazing ... I just completed by 10000 KM service. Regular stuff .. Oil change, filter change ... Paid 2550/- Added a Air Filter. Did wheel alignment from outside for 400/-.

The oil which they used was for 480 a litre.
Old 10th July 2016, 13:30   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Great .. looking amazing ... I just completed by 10000 KM service. Regular stuff .. Oil change, filter change ... Paid 2550/- Added a Air Filter. Did wheel alignment from outside for 400/-.

The oil which they used was for 480 a litre.

Hey ! 10K kms in how many months ? Seems like you have been clocking km's in a good pace

Now, since we have finished off with free servicing, I am on a lookout for a decent, known and reputable MASS. The one which I have used till date, is just worthless - I wont be going there for next service for sure.

Tried opening a new thread to know of authorized service center, but it was deleted owing to info already present - though I was not able to locate it.

We should try finding a good authorized service center, who can recognize team-bhp stickers, and pay attention to the car.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 12:12   #114
BANNED

Quote:
We should try finding a good authorized service center, who can recognize team-bhp stickers, and pay attention to the car.
Since MUL spares are available in the open market, can someone like a Bosch Car Care not maintain your Ciaz for you, or for that matter, even a reputed local garage?
Old 11th July 2016, 12:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Since MUL spares are available in the open market, can someone like a Bosch Car Care not maintain your Ciaz for you, or for that matter, even a reputed local garage?
I have a very well known local garage next to my home - he uses all authorized maruti spares ( the one's that come in brown boxes, hologram's and what not) - the only thing thats affecting me is the warranty.

In case I go in to MASS for any warranty claim, they would see in their records that the car was last serviced at 10K kms, and "can" reject the claim.

This is what I got from Maruti via an email >

As per terms and condition of the Extended Warranty contract , the vehicle must have been serviced as per guidelines in the service manual from authorized dealer /Maruti Authorized service Station

The terms and conditions are mentioned in your EW contract which the dealer has given to you at time of purchase of Extended Warranty.

Regards

ANY TIME MARUTI
(Call Us- Toll Free: 1800 102 1800 and 1800 1800 180)
Please visit us at http://www.marutisuzuki.com
Old 11th July 2016, 13:37   #116
BHPian

You can try Maruti Service Masters. From the last 3 years I am going to them for Alto and there. All the services till date have been carried out by them. The car hasn't been touched by any mechanic other than theirs. Its operated and maintained by maruti itself. I am fully satisfied by their work.
The only -ve thing is its around a hour drive from gurgaon(its in okhla). But then you are not getting your servicing done daily. Its going to once in a a few months.
I would suggest you to try them out for the 15k service if you getting it done.
Old 26th July 2016, 23:25   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
You can try Maruti Service Masters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Thanks for the recommendation !

@Devdath, I have received your PM - let me check that and will get back to you.

I have sent an email to Maruti to confirm if getting a servicing done from a service center keeping stock of Genuine Maruti Spares will cause an issue with respect to warranty. (not from Maruti Authorized Service Center).

Service Center list was always present in the last section of manual - but the list is missing if you download and view online user manual from - http://www.marutisuzuki.com/owners-manual.aspx

Couple of more points to share.
For the very first time, mileage in last tankful dropped to less than 20km/ltr - around 18.8 or so. Maybe because of messed up traffic or what - will see how it goes for next refill.

Second, planning to burn more diesel - a short 500 odd kms trip to Jaipur is being planned next month.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-jaipur.png

Last edited by ptaneja : 26th July 2016 at 23:30.
Old 27th July 2016, 09:42   #118
BANNED

Quote:
@Devdath, I have received your PM - let me check that and will get back to you.
Thank you. I will wait.

Quote:
I have sent an email to Maruti to confirm if getting a servicing done from a service center keeping stock of Genuine Maruti Spares will cause an issue with respect to warranty. (not from Maruti Authorized Service Center).
Looks difficult. Such rules are made to ensure service retention and dealer revenues.

However, you can tell them that if a warranty claim does arise, you can present to them the invoice of the genuine spares purchased and used.

Quote:
For the very first time, mileage in last tankful dropped to less than 20km/ltr - around 18.8 or so. Maybe because of messed up traffic or what - will see how it goes for next refill.
This is indeed concerning but could also be due bad fuel or unforeseen idling. Traffic, however, bad, is unlikely to take away 10% of your FE unless you have a totally new route to commute or something on those lines.
Old 27th July 2016, 22:22   #119
BHPian

YooooHooooo ! ! A new sibling from this warehouse is about to join Ciaz - PDI Done - waiting for paperwork to complete...more details later !!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg
Old 28th July 2016, 10:37   #120
BANNED

Quote:

YooooHooooo ! ! A new sibling from this warehouse is about to join Ciaz
Congratulations...!!!!

One more Maruti, speaks for your loyalty and trust on the brand.

BTW, my PM is pending...!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks