Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 18:02   #211
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Dear suzuki san,

Let me try .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys & Girish,

Asking 6.25L. MH01 Registered. Is this a good deal?
Very difficult to answer. For a three year old car, that seems a bit on the higher side. I would suggest that you drive it (if possible, also take a friend along who has some experience with automatic petrol cars - better still if he has experience of CVT cars), use the TBHP checklist and finally use your gut feeling. Sorry - I can't do better than that!

Quote:
My question to the experts here is : Is there anything specific to look out for apart from the usual pre-owned checklist?
I guess not. My guess is that if the car is as well maintained as claimed then you have very little to worry about.

If at all, you must try to find the 'real' reason why it is in the resale market so soon!

Quote:
I have been through nearly all 14 pages of Girish's thread and "ciddharths" thread as well and my only concern's are the sluggish pick up and the ground clearance.
Thanks for going through my thread's pages. Actually, I have no issues with the pickup - it is really good pickup - not sluggish at all!

The ground clearance of 165 mm is more than enough. The worst speed breakers that I encounter are in and around Thane. It goes over without a protest - even when fully loaded. Not that I don't hold my breath!

Quote:

Is it possible to buy an Extended Warranty from Honda like we can with Maruti?
I think so. I just got an email for my 2015 Jazz. So, I guess you can!

Quote:

Girish, 4 years down the line, how much have you spent on your Jazz on maintenance? Still happy with the car? Any major issues?

Regards,
SS
I had this Jazz with me for about one year only. Now my wife 'owns' it. Believe me - I am not allowed to touch the steering!

If she uses it sparingly for a month or two, I get a chance to 'run' it for a couple of weeks - mainly Pune - Mumbai - Pune - a typical run of 350~400 km. This happens about once a year only.

I will have to go through my credit card bills to find how much I have spent on it. Off hand, I would say - very little. Of course, it has been used very lovingly by my wife. It has run mainly within Pune. However, it has done quite a few inter-city runs. The FE is impressive even now. The smoothness is it's main USP. Also - please note - the total running has been about 25,000 km or so only!

My wife says that she will 'never' let me sell it!

Just as a by-comment : my son-in-law was looking for an automatic. My wife let him use the Jazz for a few days. He fell in love with it. My wife does not let me drive it and she told him to keep it! Anyway, he landed up doing test drives of various cars and bought a new Amaze V-CVT!

If you do not find any major issues with the particular car, then go ahead and buy it. The vitamin M involved is a question of perception only!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 18:20   #212
BHPian

Quote:
On the lookout for an automatic and out of the blue a dealer has offered me a 2016 July Jazz V - CVT. Pearl White. Single Owner. Run 11k genuine Kms only (Still to check). Asking 6.25L. MH01 Registered. Is this a good deal? As per OBV value, the price he is asking is spot on for a car in "Excellent" condition. I have not yet seen the car. Only pictures. Looks very good. Comprehensive Insurance till June 2020. AMC till June 2020.
Hi,

I sold off my 2016 Jazz V CVT to a second hand dealer for 5.4L couple of weeks back with 36k on the odo. 11K odo looks bit less for a 2016 car but some users have genuine less usage. Usual things to check are the vehicle service history and get the insurance policy details (From 2016) and see if any claims have been made. Check the tyres. They give an indication of actual Kms run.

Also when inspecting the vehicle, get down and check for any signs of rusting all around and inside engine bay. Pay special attention to the lower areas of the door and areas where door frames are bolted to the body. Also note that Honda had made some minor feature changes since 2016.

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2020 at 06:54. Reason: Typo; Trimmed quoted post
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 00:34   #213
BHPian

Thank you GKMahajan for a very comprehensive and unbiased account of acquisition, usage and maintenance of Honda Jazz CVT.

We were on the hunt for an automatic to replace our decade old Wagon R.
Japanese companies in general, and Hond in particular were the serious contenders.

Finally zeroed in on Honda Jazz , and frankly speaking you sold the car better than the showroom folk.Honda better feature your thread in their Honda Jazz web-page.

Cheers
Voodooblaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 10:15   #214
BHPian

Dear Voodooblaster,

Thank you so much for the nice words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Thank you GKMahajan for a very comprehensive and unbiased account of acquisition, usage and maintenance of Honda Jazz CVT.

We were on the hunt for an automatic to replace our decade old Wagon R.
Japanese companies in general, and Hond in particular were the serious contenders.

Finally zeroed in on Honda Jazz , and frankly speaking you sold the car better than the showroom folk.Honda better feature your thread in their Honda Jazz web-page.

Cheers
We, in the family, feel that this was a great decision! The Jazz is a precious possession!

Still, let me be fair about the write up. My feelings are reflected in it. However, the mods - specially GTO - contributed in a big way to make it take proper form. I think this is mainly due to way that TBHP, overall, has contributed to the community.

I hope you are enjoying your Jazz. Are you going to put up your review soon?

Looking forward to it....

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 21:31   #215
BHPian

[quote=GKMahajan;4790314]
I hope you are enjoying your Jazz. Are you going to put up your review soon?
/QUOTE]

Finally pulled myself to put up the review.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...vt-petrol.html

Please go through it and do share your 2 cents.

Also did you hear about the additional warranty that Honda is offering for its cars? Car can be covered upto 10 years. But i wonder if there are any changes in the Terms and Conditions after the 5th year. The dealer at our town doesn't seem to know the full details.
Voodooblaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 23:20   #216
BHPian

@GKMahajan (Girish ji),

Thank you so much for your detailed and passionate review. You wrote this in year 2015 and this is 2022, but yet it looks so relevant!

After having driven Santro Xing GLS for 13+ years, we are considering a premium hatchback and we have really liked Jazz CVT.

I want a no-nonsense reliable *automatic* *NA* *petrol* *hatchback* that both me and my wife could drive with peace of mind. Specifically (a) we want an automatic now, (b) we want a petrol hatch only (so far the running has only been approx. 5k kms per year), (c) I prefer a 4-cylinder NA over 3-cylinder Turbo engines for the linear acceleration, reliability and peace of mind it offers, (d) I will strictly avoid AMT and DCT and would prefer a more reliable transmission like CVT or TC.

And Honda Jazz is the ONLY hatchback that is ticking all these boxes. Liked i20 N Line IMT too, but it is "Turbo" petrol, and any Hyundai car is no longer inspiring confidence like a Honda. I write "no longer" because our Hyundai Santro Xing GLS has been a wonderful companion so far that gave us trouble-free and fuss-free ownership, but we now want to move away from MT.

I just wanted to ask this (a million rupee question!): If Honda discontinues Jazz soon after we purchase it, do you have any idea for how long shall we continue to get spare parts and required regular services? Thanks in advance!
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:28   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
@GKMahajan (Girish ji),

Thank you so much for your detailed and passionate review. You wrote this in year 2015 and this is 2022, but yet it looks so relevant!

I just wanted to ask this (a million rupee question!): If Honda discontinues Jazz soon after we purchase it, do you have any idea for how long shall we continue to get spare parts and required regular services? Thanks in advance!
Dear jaysheth,

Thank you for the nice words. I can only take minimum credit for anything. The real credit goes to Honda for making such a good car.
I can take credit for honesty!

To answer your question, I may not be the right person to comment. However, my understanding is that Honda is NOT leaving India. Older versions of Jazz are going to be discontinued. Newer versions will continue.

The hardcore experts on TBHP will be in a better position to comment.

Anyway, even if Honda exits, then I feel that having seen their way of working, they will surely provide a continuity in some way or other.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:47   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Anyway, even if Honda exits, then I feel that having seen their way of working, they will surely provide a continuity in some way or other.
Thank you Girish ji! You are exactly right. We have booked Honda Jazz VX CVT Pearl White Please see this post (Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!) for all details so far.

Since you are in Pune, for the additional accessories, is the recommendation to buy from Honda (expensive but possibly better quality) or after market shops? Any recommendation on good shops in Pune would be recommended (preferred area Baner/Balewadi/Aundh/Pashan/Wakad, Pune).
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 15:20   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
Thank you Girish ji! You are exactly right. We have booked Honda Jazz VX CVT Pearl White Please see this post (Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!) for all details so far.

Since you are in Pune, for the additional accessories, is the recommendation to buy from Honda (expensive but possibly better quality) or after market shops? Any recommendation on good shops in Pune would be recommended (preferred area Baner/Balewadi/Aundh/Pashan/Wakad, Pune).
Congratulations on your booking!
As yet I have only purchased from Honda dealer only - that too Deccan Honda only.

I found cheaper suppliers but I never found the same quality.

By the way, I stay in Aundh!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks