Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:37   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Congrats on the new Jazz. Wishing you lots of wonderful kilometers of happy ownership.

It's a wonderful car and should be as easy to maintain as your old city.

How the response of the automatic transmission on highway?

And does the car demand a bigger engine at times? (when loaded)
Dear landcruiser123,

Thank you.

To answer your questions:

The automatic transmission worked super fantastic on the highway. That being said, as I have mentioned earlier, my manual City and my manual WagonR too perform great on the highways.

Even when it was loaded with 4 adults and 2 days luggage, I never felt a need for a bigger engine - not even when climbing a steep ghat! However, having driven more powerful engines, I can say that I would have loved a 1.5 engine even at the cost of FE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Many congratulations on the Jazz. Wishing you and your family many more happy and safe miles!

The Jazz is an amazing car and I can assure you sir, it's going to be one fun ride from now on.If the Jazz was a little more small and had some more missing features, totally would've gone for it instead of my Grand i10.

Congratulations one more!
Dear Satan's Valet,

Thanks a lot!

Ha Ha Ha Ha! I like your sense of humor.

After coming from the City, I felt that Jazz was a tad small and you think it is big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear GK Mahajan, congratulations on selecting one of the best (if not the best) mid-sized car in the Indian market. You have written a delightful thread with all your innocent joy flowing through. Your complete list of headings I am going to copy next time I write an owners review! I am a deeply satisfied Jazz owner for almost 6 years now. Happy motoring.
Dear V.Narayan,

Spare me the blushes. If any credit is due - for the headings - it is purely due to the moderators. I have to make special mention of GTO - who pushed me for improvements with real constructive ideas.

I have a suggestion for you - if you have run the Jazz for 6 years - then you should upgrade to the CVT version - it is high time!

Happy motoring to you too!
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:50   #17
BHPian

Sir,

That's a really detailed review you put up for all of us here.

As I gather from one of your posts, the accessories in total costed 21000. And that is inclusive of the arm rest which alone costs 16000. Could you please help us with a break up of all accessories that went into this purchase? Also, were any discounts (on accessories etc) provided to you?

The white beauty is a stunner. Wishing you many happy miles with your steed. Here's also hoping that your Jazz's Jazz never fades away

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

I was astounded by the level of research and checking you did while buying your Jazz. When I bought my previous gen Jazz, my only criteria was space and the family readily coughed up the premium after a fairly short test drive.

Thanks for such a detailed write-up and do keep this thread going. The way traffic is deteriorating in Mumbai, I might just get the Jazz AT, but the top-end interior would be ideal. Did you enquire if Honda will offer the black interior with magic seats soon?
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Sir,

That's a really detailed review you put up for all of us here.

As I gather from one of your posts, the accessories in total costed 21000. And that is inclusive of the arm rest which alone costs 16000. Could you please help us with a break up of all accessories that went into this purchase? Also, were any discounts (on accessories etc) provided to you?

The white beauty is a stunner. Wishing you many happy miles with your steed. Here's also hoping that your Jazz's Jazz never fades away

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Dear MetalBuff/Shivang Gandotra,

A small mis-understanding about the accessories... Sorry!

The accessories I purchased from Honda are:
Armrest console 16,500
Step Illumination 5,700
Side protector 5,500
Rear and Front Bumper Corner Molding 1,650 + 1,650
Total 31,000

Since I had paid 10,000 extra for the car, I was given that credit and I landed up paying 21,000.

At the time of 1st servicing, I added:
Mud guard black 1,800
Reverse sensors 4,000 (I think)
Total 5,800

So effectively, I added 36,800 worth of accessories from over the time.

Since I wrote my review in parts, the expenses also came in parts. I am sorry for the confusion caused. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Girish Mahajan

Quote:
I was astounded by the level of research and checking you did while buying your Jazz. When I bought my previous gen Jazz, my only criteria was space and the family readily coughed up the premium after a fairly short test drive.

Thanks for such a detailed write-up and do keep this thread going. The way traffic is deteriorating in Mumbai, I might just get the Jazz AT, but the top-end interior would be ideal. Did you enquire if Honda will offer the black interior with magic seats soon?
Dear Tushar,

Thank you for the kind words.
I would strongly suggest that you upgrade to AT. I am totally convinced that everyone should change to AT before knee problems start.
I did ask about the magic seats. They did not have any answer. Personally, it was not a deal breaker.
I was actually happy that there is no dark interior. Let us agree to disagree on this!

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 3rd December 2015 at 12:28.
GKMahajan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:10   #20
BHPian

Fantastic thread sir!!

Regarding the cleaning of the mirrors, I think this is a job best done by us owners itself. I made it a point to tell the cleaning boy never to attempt and open the closed mirror by hand, ever. I also make it a point to fold it when stuck in bumper to bumper traffic just so that an annoying two wheeler driver doesn't 'fold' it in while trying to pass.

Wish you many happy miles with the Jazz.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Fantastic thread sir!!

Regarding the cleaning of the mirrors, I think this is a job best done by us owners itself. I made it a point to tell the cleaning boy never to attempt and open the closed mirror by hand, ever. I also make it a point to fold it when stuck in bumper to bumper traffic just so that an annoying two wheeler driver doesn't 'fold' it in while trying to pass.

Wish you many happy miles with the Jazz.
Dear Flanker99,

Thanks. Theoretically, you are right - I should clean the mirrors myself! Actually, once in a while I actually clean all the glass - front and side and really once in a while the back too!

However, I am a bit lazy and let the boy do it most of the time!

Even I have made it a point to tell the cleaning boy not to move the mirror. However, I do not know when he might 'forget' this instruction!

I have not had to fold the ORVM in bumper to bumper traffic. But, the next time I am in one, I am going to specifically see if it is needed.

Girish Mahajan
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful thread!

Congratulations on a stunner of a car; wish you a happy ownership period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Note the beading on the right hand side. It is coming out.
Hope you have made a mention of this to Honda; if not, please ask them to change the beading. A temp. fix is fine but any issue with the beading could lead to water seepage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
The new Reverse sensor display. It shows more at the time that there is some object at the back. I have taken this photo only for reference.
How does the feedback work? I guess the "m" denotes distance? Could you share a pic please.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Wonderful thread!

Congratulations on a stunner of a car; wish you a happy ownership period.

Hope you have made a mention of this to Honda; if not, please ask them to change the beading. A temp. fix is fine but any issue with the beading could lead to water seepage.

How does the feedback work? I guess the "m" denotes distance? Could you share a pic please.
Thank you libranof1987,

You are right - I intend to mention the loose beading to Honda. However, if I remember right, there was no adhesive or binder. So, it might have come out by accidental touch by anyone. Nevertheless, it should not be so!

Feedback? Hmmmm...
The 'm' is distance in meters.
The L and R are (obviously) Left and Right.
There are bar like lights which light up. If the object is on the left side, then the left side lights come ON. The number of lights is inversely opposite to the distance.
Also, a nice lady keeps talking...

Let me try to get photos and if possible audio too..

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

^^

Oh ok. On the reverse sensors we got fitted at Honda ASC on our City, we have a similar display of information (it comes up in a multi-color rectangular box).. BUT, it is on a separate mirror fitted on the OEM mirror. The problem? We lose the day/night feature of the OEM mirror.

Is it too much a distraction? Having to look in the IVRM, OVRM, reverse sensor info box and turn around? Wishful thinking: at least the V variant should come with an auto-dimming mirror!
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:21   #25

Excellent piece Mahajan Sir, kudos to you for putting this together!!!

Like Tushar mentioned couple of posts before, I found your (and your families) level of research and effort to finalize the Jazz (for the lack of a better word!!) mind boggling.

As a fellow Jazz V (MT) owner, i absolutely second most of your observations on some of the common elements of the MT and AT variants.

PS: I am in awe about the way you maintained your CITY for all those 1.3Lac kms, it did look immaculate from the pics you posted. Did it go through a " beauty parlour" before you decided to part with it, or this was how the car was maintained all these years??
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:28   #26
BHPian

Awesome review. Wish you all the best and I hope Jazz serves you well!

Good luck and Congratulations!
Old 3rd December 2015, 17:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
^^

Oh ok. On the reverse sensors we got fitted at Honda ASC on our City, we have a similar display of information (it comes up in a multi-color rectangular box).. BUT, it is on a separate mirror fitted on the OEM mirror. The problem? We lose the day/night feature of the OEM mirror.

Is it too much a distraction? Having to look in the IVRM, OVRM, reverse sensor info box and turn around? Wishful thinking: at least the V variant should come with an auto-dimming mirror!
Dear ligranof1987,

In my WagonR I have the display fitted on top of the IRVM. AND - you are right - we do have a problem at night!

I agree with you - at least the V variant should have been fitted with an auto-dimming mirror. I think it is like fridge or telephone. Many years ago these were luxuries. Now they are necessities. The car manufacturers will slowly convert these so called luxuries to necessities and quietly put on all models! At least I hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
Excellent piece Mahajan Sir, kudos to you for putting this together!!!

Like Tushar mentioned couple of posts before, I found your (and your families) level of research and effort to finalize the Jazz (for the lack of a better word!!) mind boggling.

As a fellow Jazz V (MT) owner, i absolutely second most of your observations on some of the common elements of the MT and AT variants.

PS: I am in awe about the way you maintained your CITY for all those 1.3Lac kms, it did look immaculate from the pics you posted. Did it go through a " beauty parlour" before you decided to part with it, or this was how the car was maintained all these years??
Dear ShanJazz,

Thanks for the compliments! And - yes - it was a lot of effort. But, we felt that the effort was worth it when compared with regretting our decision later.

The City that you see in the photos is in its 'worst' condition. It had not been to the parlor lately! All the vehicles that I have ever owned - I have loved. I have seen many others keep their vehicles cleaner and 'spinker & spanker' than me. But, I believe in maintaining the vehicle in 'top condition' - everything done as per book! No compromise on safety and no compromise on functioning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Awesome review. Wish you all the best and I hope Jazz serves you well!

Good luck and Congratulations!
Thank you tazmaan.
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:03   #28
BHPian

Mahajan Sir, many congratulations and wishing you miles of happiness with the car. Jazz does look great in Orchid White. Thank you for such an elaborative review, loved every bit of it.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 12:25   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on a very impressive review which came straight from the heart. You have purchased the most sensible family automatic hatchback and you truly have great taste like ahem lot more other Jazz owners ...wishing you a safe and happy journey ahead!

Last edited by urajkumar : 5th December 2015 at 12:26.
Old 5th December 2015, 16:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Mahajan Sir, many congratulations and wishing you miles of happiness with the car. Jazz does look great in Orchid White. Thank you for such an elaborative review, loved every bit of it.
Thank you Keynote.
The Orchid White appears good in the photo. However, it is fantastic closeup! Very few people notice the sparkling points produced by the multi-layer paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congratulations on a very impressive review which came straight from the heart. You have purchased the most sensible family automatic hatchback and you truly have great taste like ahem lot more other Jazz owners ...wishing you a safe and happy journey ahead!
Dear urajkumar,
Thanks.
By the way, I thought I was less sensible than the others - who went in and purchased the Jazz as soon as it was launched - instead of doing all this analysis and then deciding! Note: it took me 2~3 months of work followed by 2 months of waiting!

Safe and lots of driving to you too!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks