Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 13:02   #196
BHPian

re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Wolf Moto. EDIT: 11.5 years & 1.34 lakh km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by eashan_sg View Post
ZDI isn't available much in market. Came across two and both weren't in top shape so had to settle with VDI. Seller is asking 2.75L as final. Insurance expires in mid next month.

Planning to go ahead. Any inputs will be appreciated.
I'd suggest you buy a ZDi. ABS & Airbags is not something one should skip. Wait till you find a good car. Patience is the key when shopping for a used car.

Regards,
Powertrain

Last edited by powertrain : 19th August 2022 at 13:05.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 22:58   #197

re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Wolf Moto. EDIT: 11.5 years & 1.34 lakh km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I'd suggest you buy a ZDi. ABS & Airbags is not something one should skip. Wait till you find a good car. Patience is the key when shopping for a used car.

Regards,
Powertrain
I let it go. Convinced my dad to get Chevrolet Cruze.
He Was initially skeptical about it but after talking to couple of friends who own it. It's settled.
Was on a hunt for Cruze before SX4. I know the situation about the spares and it takes time but happy to trade it for the happiness and the feel that it gives. Every time I'm behind the wheel the kick is so addictive that it wants you to keep pushing it harder.

Also saddened to hear about Skoda axing Octavia and Superb. All these cars left a huge mark in the sedan category.
Old 15th October 2022, 18:03   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates

I got time to fix couple of things. Parts were sourced online from Boodmo and Gomechanic.

MGP Front Struts

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_143708.jpg

Gabriel Rear Shocks

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_144059.jpg

Rane Stabilizer Link Rods

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_144607.jpg

MGP Stabilizer Bar Bushes

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_144815.jpg

OTR Tie Rod Ends

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_144302.jpg

Headlights

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_152720.jpg

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_152734.jpg

Left Side ORVM

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_145557.jpg

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221004_145547.jpg

I drove to service centre with these parts and got the installation done. It was a much needed task as the car rides and handles brilliantly after suspension overhaul. Most of the unwanted noises have also disappeared. I got new headlights as the old ones were in bad shape and the projector setup output had diminished a lot with age.

I had also swapped Lenso wheels and Michelin tires from S-Cross to SX4. I also tried clay bar for first time, it was from Wavex. Happy with the outcome. Posting few pics clicked after wash + claying.

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221005_171313.jpg

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221008_182915.jpg

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20221009_092111.jpg

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-screenshot_2022101518000506_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

I drove to Bangalore in SX4. It was a pleasant drive. Mysore to Bangalore drive is good with most of the bypasses open for traffic. Current ODO is 1.34 lakh km

Mods Planned:

1. Engineering Exponents Decat Downpipe
2. Wolf Moto Stage 2 ECU Remap
3. Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit
Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:00   #199
BHPian

re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: 11.5 years & 1.34 lakh km done [SOLD]

Thats a very nice looking SX4 there Dr.N!
Those Lensos look sexy - Are those 15 or 16 inchers?! Sorry, maybe the picture angle makes it look a bit smaller.
The headlamp outer plastics on mine are beginning to fade. Need to get them restored. A new pair is close to 10k, correct?! Will try restoration first and see if it makes a difference before spending on a new set.
Kaumad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 19:43   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: 11.5 years & 1.34 lakh km done [SOLD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Thats a very nice looking SX4 there Dr.N!
Those Lensos look sexy - Are those 15 or 16 inchers?! Sorry, maybe the picture angle makes it look a bit smaller.
The headlamp outer plastics on mine are beginning to fade. Need to get them restored. A new pair is close to 10k, correct?! Will try restoration first and see if it makes a difference before spending on a new set.
These are 16 inch Lenso wheels. Yes, new headlights would cost around 9k. Do try restoring first
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 13:11   #201
BHPian

I am driving 2009 SX4 VXI. Kept on replacing any part that needed a change, always from maruti service center. Already done 1.5+ L km. Car is still in very good condition. Only issue is steering, not able to spend 36k on its replacement. Tried to get steering work done from outside, but no help. Does any one know a good mechanic in Delhi NCR, who can improve on steering? No issues while driving, but if I have to manoeuvre steering while standing, then it’s like you are working your arms in gym ��
Old 20th December 2022, 16:07   #202

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I am excited to join this forum. I own a SX4 ZDI 2014. I have enjoyed every bit of driving till date and love this car.

I have driven 88k Km till date and the engine still sounds like music. Everything in my car is Stock and I am using trype 2 dieseltronics tuning box in the car.

I was told during the 80k Km service, that the steering block has some issues and I need to check that. MASS did not suggest replacement though the said the best option is a replacement. It costs a whooping 38k and I was not sure it was needed or not.
Being the person I am, I do not prefer to hear a noise from the car and I will be a little uncomfortable. I also travel to my home town, a Hill station quiet frequently and the steering noise was kind of troubling me when I drive in the Ghat section and kind of made me be nervous. I found a steering fix option available in Go Mechanic and want to opt for it. It costs 6K and thought that is a bet I am willing to take to see if it gets better.
I wanted to check if anyone has taken this option or if there is any contact anyone knows in Bangalore to get the steering checked. I would really appreciate the help and information.

Also, the Left front suspension is also making some noise and has become weak. I am planning a complete overhaul of the front suspensions. I am sourcing all the parts from Boodmo. I also wanted to replace the Steering Tie rods and the joints and the stabilizer link rods to get rid of all the additional noise.

The Lower arm or control arm of SX4 costs >7k for MGP. I was looking for alternates and found Monroe and OTR closer to 2k. I also read a post in this thread from Dr.Naren regarding the Swift lower arm. I searched Boodmo and it was showing for Gen 2 swift and I wasn't sure it was the right one as Dr.Naren had mentioned the Gen1 works fine in his car. Does Gen2 and Gen1 share the same parts? Any input will help here. Also, if aftermarket is also a good option, which of the following brands are something which we can rely on. Monroe or OTR or Talbros ? Any suggestions and feedback are welcome.

Dr.Naren - I am interested in the tuning of your car and also the 140Bhp tune from Wolf. Let me know if you have already had a chance to test this. I am interested in the tune and would also be interested if testing is needed . I am also planning on the downpipe change and planning to talk to Black works soon. Thank you for some lovely inspiring upgrades you have done in the car. I enjoy reading the details of SX4 and also the SCross thread. .
Prashanth07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 23:30   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth07 View Post
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I am excited to join this forum. I own a SX4 ZDI 2014. I have enjoyed every bit of driving till date and love this car.
Welcome to Team-BHP

Regarding your queries:

1. Lower arms: you can go with Monroe

2. Steering rack: It's expensive because of the power steering motor which is included in it.

3. Tuning: 140 HP is possible only with Stage 3 upgrade. I haven't done it yet. Best option is to try stage 2 ( remap + downpipe) first.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 19:20   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP

Regarding your queries:

1. Lower arms: you can go with Monroe

2. Steering rack: It's expensive because of the power steering motor which is included in it.

3. Tuning: 140 HP is possible only with Stage 3 upgrade. I haven't done it yet. Best option is to try stage 2 ( remap + downpipe) first.
Thank You Dr.Naren for the response and suggestion.

I also wanted to upgrade my headlights which i feel is a let down. I saw multiple inputs regarding Morimoto lights. Are they good or is there any other light setup anyone would recommend.

The other upgrade i have in mind is for the interior mats, ICE unit and speakers updates. All suggestions and recommendations are welcome. I am also searching the web for more ideas. Will post more details as i find. Thank you all.
Old 26th December 2022, 12:12   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
May be I can help.
I am using first generation swift lower arms and they work fine. They needed a light bit of one metal edge on the lower arm to be grinder with a grinder, It was a two minute job and i did it myself at the FNG for the metal edge to be shaved.

The steering rack can be overhauled using a copper bush and regreasing the rack with genuine SGP grease. I will cost you around 6k. Lasts about two years. Be aware steering becomes stiff for sometime post this work. For peace of mind go for the new one and yes it is super expensive at 38K.

I am running a Stage 1+ tune on my sx4 since last 80k kms and its the best money spent. I have been trying to get a downpipe but since i am based in goa and cant send my car to black works i haven't been able to lay my hands on it. But i am told with the down pipe diesel smell is more pronounced and little loss on low end.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Manoj
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 22:43   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Hi,
May be I can help.
I am using first generation swift lower arms and they work fine. They needed a light bit of one metal edge on the lower arm to be grinder with a grinder, It was a two minute job and i did it myself at the FNG for the metal edge to be shaved.
Thank You Manoj for the insights.

Regarding Lower arm, I went with OTR as Monroe was taking 2 weeks for delivery. I have already placed the order for the parts. Will keep your suggesting in mind in case FNG notices any issues during replacement.

Quote:
The steering rack can be overhauled using a copper bush and regreasing the rack with genuine SGP grease. I will cost you around 6k. Lasts about two years. Be aware steering becomes stiff for sometime post this work. For peace of mind go for the new one and yes it is super expensive at 38K.
Steering rack, yes it is a costly affair... will be trying the fix first. If things don't get better, will plan on replacing the complete kit.

Quote:
I am running a Stage 1+ tune on my sx4 since last 80k kms and its the best money spent. I have been trying to get a downpipe but since i am based in goa and cant send my car to black works i haven't been able to lay my hands on it. But i am told with the down pipe diesel smell is more pronounced and little loss on low end.
Thanks for sharing. I have been on Dieseltronics and have predominantly used the "P2" mode and found the performance better than stock and drivability has been a lot better. After reading this post, It gives me a feeling the Dieseltronics P2 mode may be just scratching the surface of what you all call as the Stage 1 or 1+. I want to try out the Wolf Tune and have kept that plan on hold for now till I get the downpipe installed and modify the air intake. That way the tune is more inline with the mods done to the car.

New Issues found during the last couple of weeks.

I noticed a lag in the way the car responds to the throttle input with Stock or with P2 mode. Initially started noticing this when I was travelling to Ooty last month, it feels like the turbo never works in the second gear and when I move to Gear 3, Turbo works fine. I initially thought the problem may be because it is taking time to spool as I was going uphill until I noticed that when accelerating in Gear 2, I take my leg off the throttle and apply throttle again, the turbo works.... and I can feel the car pulls effortlessly. This got me confused. why does it work only if I take my legs off and apply throttle again.
Checked it during normal flat roads and it is intermittent, responds fine sometimes and I have to do the same lift off and apply throttle to get this working.
Turbo function wise I see it responding in all gears and when it works, the power is felt in all gears and there is no noise....atleast I hope it is not a Turbo failure.
Along with this, I also noticed when I switch off the vehicle, there is a mild motor running noise heard just behind my right headlight (unable to pin point) ... and it fades away. I have not heard it earlier. Will try to add a Video or an Audio clip if I manage to capture it. It is mild and happens every time the vehicle has run as little as 1 or 2 km and it does not happen if I start the car and leave it in idling and switch off. This has been bugging me for sometime and i have searched the web with no luck. If anyone has encountered this issue, please share your thoughts and how you managed to get this fixed.

Will be taking my car to the service center once the parts arrive and get these checked and also hoping to get an answer. Once all issues are fixed I will get on to the mods I have planned. Will share updates on what happened in the next week or so.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th January 2023 at 11:45. Reason: Two smileys/post
Old 5th January 2023, 12:26   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Manoj for the insights.

Ifanyone has encountered this issue, please share yur thoughts and how you managed to gking my car to the service center once the parts arrive and get these checked and also hoping to get an answer. Once all issues are fixed I will get on to the mods I have planned. Will share updates on what happened in the next week or so.
The sound you hear is the vaccum solenoid located near the right headlight.
A simple solution is to clean it's filter and spray some wd40 and the sound will vanish for good.
Or if you want you can replace it,your turbo issues maybe related to that as it holds vaccum for the turbo actuator so may be it's failing.
Replace it. You can do it yourself.
If you do happen to make a downpipe do let me know I need one as well.

Regards
Manoj.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 00:18   #208

Quote:
The sound you hear is the vaccum solenoid located near the right headlight.
A simple solution is to clean it's filter and spray some wd40 and the sound will vanish for good.
Or if you want you can replace it,your turbo issues maybe related to that as it holds vaccum for the turbo actuator so may be it's failing.
Replace it. You can do it yourself.
You were spot on. it was the Vaccum Control assembly that was having the issue. Got it replaced and all is well now. Thank you.

[/quote]
If you do happen to make a downpipe do let me know I need one as well.
[/quote]

I reached out to Venkat before Christmas. He said he was held up with too many projects and needs some time before he takes a new one. I told him what i am looking for and he said he will reach out to me when he finds time. I am planning to call him late Jan. Will let him know that you are also looking for the same.

Got my suspensions and Steering column fixed. Vehicle is back to running smooth. Love the feeling of silent cabin and not mechanical noise in the car.
Old 13th February 2023, 10:45   #209
BHPian

166890kms Major Service Update.

So having done 166890 kms and a recent kolhapur trip i decided to go in for a major service at MASS.
Jobs Planned/Demanded:
Oil change with engine flush.
Oil Filter
Air filter
Diesel Filter
Cabin filter
Front suspension overhaul with new shock absorbers/link rods/top mounts.
Intercooler cleaning.

Unexpected jobs noticed during check up. Oil leakage from intake manifold, Doubt on turbo seal leaking due to oil being found in intercooler.
Parts purchase by me were Motul Xtec Oil,Liqui moly engine flush and oil additive. Monroe front shocks, rane link rods, MGP top mounts.
The intake manifold was removed and new gaskets were placed and re-installed. Post which there is no leak.Intake manifold was also found clean post last 20k kms cleaning when EGR was blocked.I had personally cleaned the intake manifold last time as the ports had narrowed down confirming my doubts that EGR is a no no for long life of engine.

Post this the car is become silent and more comfortable to drive. The front shocks had become stiff and were causing a lot of body roll. With the new shocks its a lot smoother and comfortable.

As i type this, the turbo has been removed for preventive maintenance to be given to TEL authorized center for a check and replacement of any component required.

Why am i doing this all?
I find it difficult to find a suitable replacement to the car frankly. Its very comfortable, has a amazing boot capacity and post a remap is a pleasure to drive. I plan to keep it till 3.5lac kms at least with periodically maintained.
scorpian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:07   #210
BHPian

Turbo Service Update.

As discussed in previous post i had got the turbo sent to TEL authorized service center for a check as MASS suggested to have it checked due to presence of oil in intercooler.
Being proactive i had it removed and sent to TEL who dismantled it and replaced the minor kit, cleaned it completely to free up all slightly jammed internals due to carbon accumulation.
Post overhaul i have noticed it spools faster and there is a positive change in the way the car picks up speed.
Total cost of turbo overhaul came to 4000 rupees.New one at mass costs 36k and the same one if bought directly at tel costs 28k,comparatively 4k was a minor cost paid as now the turbo has a new life and continue its service for a long time to come.
With this the car is up to date with everything being taken care of. I am good to go for another 2lac kms.
scorpian is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks