Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 23:05   #181
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)

One lakh kms for an Innova is a warm up. Toyota's more specifically Innova are trusted companions for Indian families. Most of Dubai taxi Innovas are more than 5 lakh kms on the odo and they run butter smooth with only proper oil change and basic services. Wish you many more happy miles. Cheers
Old 12th July 2022, 09:48   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsian View Post
Most of Dubai taxi Innovas are more than 5 lakh kms on the odo and they run butter smooth with only proper oil change and basic services.
Just wondering; does the taxi Innova in Dubai also use the same D4D diesel engine they have here? Or do they have petrol engines?
Old 12th July 2022, 16:09   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
Just wondering; does the taxi Innova in Dubai also use the same D4D diesel engine they have here? Or do they have petrol engines?
Most of them are petrol engines. However its a testament to Toyota's build quality. They just outlast their owners.
Old 13th July 2022, 06:42   #184
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. 100k UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
On the whole, I would give it a 6.5 out of 10

This is on the same scale as used for the earlier Innova, which I had for 10 years and 250k km, which I would rate a 10/10.

- the older Innova was definitely more comfortable on long distance drives. This is harder and wallows at the same time!
Agree 100%. We have an old 2015 Innova and the first thing I noticed when I took a test drive of the new one, which was a 2.8 Automatic, was how unsettled it was even on smooth roads. It was very surprising.

Not sure if the new 2.4 Automatic is any different?
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 16:12   #185
BHPian

I was the owner of one of the initial batches of the crystas. It was absolutely below our expectations. The ride was harsh, the drive was very bad( bad gear shifts, coarse steering, unsettled braking from 100 kmph or so, alignment issues with tyres wearing off by 10k kms, head unit without any good features. We sold it after 40k kms and bought a Tucson. Much happier now!
robby0707 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 15:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

Update: 110k Service

Apologies for the delay in posting this update. It is basically because nothing much has happened!

Issues:
- rough, noisy engine
- aiming windscreen spray

Service Details
Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-crysta-110k-pg1.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-crysta-110k-pg1.jpg
Observations
I got the wheels balanced but was not done well; there were persistent vibrations at 100kmph. Redoing it at Toyota did not help; it looks like their machine is out of calibration.

I had to get it redone at MRF, HSR Layout. Luckily that seems to have addressed the issue. I found no major vibrations in wheel during a recent BLR-Trichy-Madurai-BLR trip.

I feel NVH has increased. I think the vibrations while idling are very high and that the noise during driving past a 100 is quite intrusive. But neither Toyota nor a friend (ex-Mercedes tech from Canada) well-versed in these matters could find anything wrong. I cannot shrug off the feeling; plan to leave it overnight with the friend and see if he can identify the issue, if any.

Perhaps due to my complaint, Toyota mentioned some wheel bearing noise in the LHS rear but I could not find it; I think it is road noise as the tyre wear is slightly uneven.

I will have to replace the tyres when the rains start in May; not really sure what would be a good fit. Madhu's was suggesting 215/60/R16 to increase the tire cushioning. Perhaps I might try it with Continental ContiMaxContact UVC6 tires. I find the Yoko very harsh in the ride, as I have complained multiple times before.

BTW, Madhu's is pushing Vredestein; I am not sure even though I have it on the Jazz.

Stats
Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-screenshot_20230209_144845_my-cars.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-110k-crysta-pg2_my-cars.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-110k-crysta-pg3_my-cars.jpg
Old 25th April 2023, 03:46   #187
BHPian

I have a 2022 Innova Crysta and find the AC cooling below par. The car has done only 16K km so far. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What could be the reasons?
Old 25th April 2023, 05:15   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartikaygaur View Post
I have a 2022 Innova Crysta and find the AC cooling below par. The car has done only 16K km so far. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What could be the reasons?
Mine is absolutely chiller. Get your AC filter checked.
Stolidus500 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 07:16   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Mine is absolutely chiller. Get your AC filter checked.
+1. The air conditioner on the crysta is one of the best I've ever seen. It's a chiller and it's been like that for the last 5.5 years of ownership.

Quote:
I will have to replace the tyres when the rains start in May; not really sure what would be a good fit. Madhu's was suggesting 215/60/R16 to increase the tire cushioning.
215/60 R16 has a sidewall height of 129 mm while the stock 205/65 has a sidewall height of 133mm. If anything, it'll reduce the tire cushioning and hence will advise against it if better comfort is what you are looking for.

Quote:
Perhaps I might try it with Continental ContiMaxContact UVC6 tires. I find the Yoko very harsh in the ride, as I have complained multiple times before.
If comfort is the priority, I'll recommend UC6 instead of Max contact. MC6 is a performance tire and comfort is not given priority. UC6 is a good balance between road grip and comfort. In case UC7 gets released in India when you buy the tires, that's a great option as well.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th April 2023 at 07:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 07:48   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartikaygaur View Post
First pressure wash the condenser, usually when the fins are coated with dust, it reduces cooling a lot. If you see dirty water dripping down on the floor, pressure wash till the water is clear, would take approx 1-2 mins.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 13:18   #191
Senior - BHPian

120k Service Update

Issues
- Rear Suspension bottoming out under full load
- Windshield wiper spray alignment
- Engine Noise

Service Details
Findings:
- Rear suspension, no issues found. Randomly suggested replacing shocks
- Leak found from valve cover. Furred but not wet. Valve cover has to be removed, packed & replaced
- Lower Arm Bush needs to be replaced as it is cracked

Otherwise, differential oil, brake oil replaced. Brakes are are 5 mm thickness in the front & 3.5 mm in the back. No need to replace now. AC & Air filters cleaned & replaced

Apparently, rear shocks bottoming out in the Crysta under 'full' load is a common occurrence. Never had that issue in my older Innova. (Sigh!) ("Full" in this context is 5 adults & a overnighter suitcase for each)

Bills
Total Damage: 12.6k

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-120k-crysta-bill-1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-120k-crysta-bill-2.jpg

Other Items

Tyres were replaced a month ago due to an upcoming trip. I replaced 4 tires. I opted for Contitental UC 6. Quick review: pretty comfortable & noiseless. Needs to be inflated to about 32 PSI for best comfort. Got them at Madhu's for about 32k all told. (Plus an additional 4k; read on for more details!)

I got 5 new external sensors from Sensairy for new tires that I purchased as I wanted to ensure that tire pressure is maintained & I have warning in case of a puncture.

The batteries in the existing internal sensors all gave up the ghost in about 3 to 3.5 years. They cannot be replaced any more, even by the company. So, you are looking at 2 sets for each tire replacement along with the associated mounting charges. Not worth it at all, if they dont make the batteries last 7 years or make them easily user replaceable.

The HUD backlight also died.

For the above reasons, I opted for external sensors from Sensairy.

Pairing with the app was pain free.

I labelled the sensor caps myself with a DYMO to identify them; I think they should be stamped on the sensor covers and that Sensairy should give a couple of blank ones as free spares.

The lock nut is too thick and reasonably useless.

Unfortunately, one tire failed on the way to Madras, within about 200 km. The sensairy system did not warn about the loss of pressure until it was too late, I think as the tire shows clear signs of running while flat. My driver knows to stop the car as soon as the alarm is heard. The puncture was due to a nail and hence should have been slow.

This is the precise scenario I bought the Sensairy to prevent and it failed spectacularly.

Net - net, Sensairy is not engineered well. I wont say "Stay away" but would definitely say "Lower your expectations"

I had to drive to Madras & back to Bangalore on a 7 year old spare. It worked fine, but I was slightly worried. I did not replace the tire in Madras as (a) Madhu's told me to bring it back so that they can work the warranty and (b) Lal's did not have Continental UC and I did not want one tire to be different. (Also because Madhu's had not registered the tire for warranty with Michelin!)

Thankfully, Madhu's gave a courtesy discount of 50% and I replaced the failed tire for about 4k.

Tire Bills etc

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-116k-continental-uc-tires.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-116k-continental-uc-tires-cost.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-116k-wb-wa.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-116k-wa-report.jpg

Statistics

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-120-crysta-stats-pg-1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-120-crysta-stats-pg-2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)-120-crysta-stats-pg-3.jpg

Last edited by sridhu : 6th July 2023 at 13:28.
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 15:59   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Rear suspension bottoming out at full load could be due to weak springs. You may try getting a set of stiffer aftermarket springs or OEM spring if you did not have this issue earlier
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:00   #193
BHPian

Quote:

AT owners, what is your mileage like in normal city driving? 7/8 kmpl?
I know this is a 7 year old post, but if a question is asked, I will answer it!

Our Crysta is a 2.4 AT GX BS6 bought in 2022, and we get 11-12 kmpl in the city. The car is driven mostly in Eco mode and our driver drives with a light foot.

Great review by the way! I always loved VX Crystas as I feel they are the sweet spot in the Crysta lineup. If I were to buy a Crysta, it would be a Attitude Black VX from the 2021-2022 facelift(I hate the looks of the 2023 facelift)

What is the ODO reading as of now? And what is the average fuel economy
you are getting on "Kabali"?
Old 20th October 2023, 05:34   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
I know this is a 7 year old post, but if a question is asked, I will answer it!

Our Crysta is a 2.4 AT GX BS6 bought in 2022, and we get 11-12 kmpl in the city. The car is driven mostly in Eco mode and our driver drives with a light foot.

<... snip ...>

What is the ODO reading as of now? And what is the average fuel economy
you are getting on "Kabali"?
I am currently at 124k kms. The average fuel efficiency as per the app is 8.64 lpkm (11.6 kmpl). I have filled 10,713 litres to date.

This is mixed driving - hardcore Bangalore crawl of about 75% and the rest highway rides
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 16:57   #195
BHPian

Quote:
120k Service Update

Attachment 2472348
Hi. Sorry off topic. Can I know which app is this? I would love to maintain similar stats of my cars too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks