Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 16:11   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me

Can't believe that it's been more than 2 years since I last updated this thread. Goes to show that both the cars have been doing their expected duties well.

Alto:

24th September 2023, the Alto left us to its next owner.

The Humble Alto, Small Alto, Cute little Alto, Lord Alto...whatever you like to call it, it will always hold a special place like any first car will have. It was the car that not just taught my wife driving but it taught her being independent.

It was used sparingly and usage had further reduced by the Pandemic. It was driven for around 29k kms in 7 years that it was with us. My Polo GT TSI which we purchased the same day has run 84k kms. Apart from the AMT, I quite liked the Alto.

Many of my friends, colleagues, neighbors and relatives had asked me multiple times if I'd sell it and if I sell it, they'd told me to inform them. When the Jimny booking was done, I informed all of them. I told that once the new car comes, I'll get it evaluated and quote a price. some of them had either bought a new vehicle, or needed more time or changed plans. Finally 3 of them were interested. After the Jimny arrived, I got the Alto evaluated and quoted a price. While two of them, backed out saying it's out of their budget, One of my ex-colleagues told he'll buy it.

There were some minor scratches here and there which I had informed. Although he had seen my car, he came one day and checked the vehicle from a buyer's perspective. He has happy and confirmed that he'll buy.

He came and drove it home on 24th September 2023; after 72months of hassle-free ownership...from being my wife's first car, it went to his home to be his wife's first car!

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20230924_151957.jpg
Goodbye...

A Bluish Black Jimny AT takes its place. It arrived home on 8th September 2023 and the ownership review is here

Our Jimny

Polo:

The Polo on the other hand completed 7 years last week The ODO is at 84.5k kms. The brake pads and rotors had worn out completely and needed replacement. I wanted something other than stock and hence contacted a few people for options. The Brembo experience was good in but life was too less. plus there are lot of fakes in the market. EBC stocks were not easily available. Then I called up Carmed and checked. they had Brembo and ATE. I chose the ATE and went there for the installation.

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-screenshot_20231217_015554_instagram.jpg
Brake pads and discs upgrade

While I was there, I got the Code6 Stage 1 ECU remapping done. along with the stage 1 tuning, I got a BMC air filter too. The power has gone up from from 103 horses to 127.

We Two, Ours Two - Alto K10 AMT for my wife, Polo GT TSI for me-20231216_13093001.jpeg
Code 6 Tuned

The change is more evident in Sports mode than D mode and the car is really quick from 40 - 80kph. Have not driven a lot after that but Starting tomorrow will drive and note changes.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 1st January 2024 at 16:19.
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks