Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 20:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!! how come u suddenly decided up on the original zxi rims bro?
Old 9th April 2007, 20:48   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ME GOT MY CAR!!!!!

Delivery was a great experience and shopping started, original 14 inch alloys that come with ZXi along with Eagle Ventura fixed

And soon first impression and then the long term review starts, updates and pics later, first some personal duty calls

BIG thanks to Rudra Sen for the calls and sir ji am on my way to your place...
Congrats!!!

Report and pics
Old 9th April 2007, 20:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations man!!! Enjoy and drive safe.

Drifter
Old 10th April 2007, 10:26   #34
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys.

Delivery experience:

Promised time was 1 noon and i reached their with my wifee at 1245, offered a tea on arrival, then met with my contact their for helping me get a priority release.

Then the delivery guy walks in with 2 files and some packets, first he explained to me the owners manual, extended warranty, service etc. Then gave me the docs and then neatly stapled the stuff to a file and said that RC will be send by snail post to my address.

Takes me to the car, hmm well we had seen her parked in the portico when we walked in and ohh la la, white car @ noon is neat. wifee loves it the guy went on to give explanation and i stopped and asked him to give pointers to diesel engine specific since i am quite used to using the petrol swift.

Odo had 15 kms on it, and he went to on to explain the tell tale lights:

Diesel specific:
Glow plug
Water in Diesel indicator
Service scheduled indicator

Rest are same as in Petrol
ECU
EPS etc etc

Controls:
The KEY, well this one has a tiny microchip in it and car wont crank without the same, any malfunction will be indicated in the dash also.
You loose the keys, dealer will have to reset the code for new key.

Rear fog lamp switch, on the light stalk, am not sure Vxi has this??

Now the very novel stuff, delivery guy wants me and wifee to pose in front of the car to have snap taken lol, said a copy is mailed to the customer also.. small things that earn maruthi brownie points.

Cranked the motor and that lil pitter patter and off we go, me tensed up seeing the Fuel gauge way below E mark!! anyways they gave a 5 liter coupon for gas station 100 mts away and first stop and filled 5 Lit, didn fill further coz the gas station itself looked not very inviting, i have this thing in my head.

Came back and wifee already complained about the damn key warning chime and warns me "better take the keys along, next time onwards!!" lol

Bangalore traffic and no way i can use 4 th and 5th gear, ac on and car cleanly pulls from under 1km, well lil soft footed for now, but i do push the engine in all gears (load it) till 3 to 3.5 k rpm for now and oh those puny tires they were "all over the place" as the ol man says..

Gassed up IOC regular diesel 37 lit and 1350 Rs am LOL LOL LOL... dropped wife to office and called the ol man and he guided me to the shop, got the tyre and alloys fitted and took the ol rims and caps since the shop guys put 0 rs as value. Ok the shopping experience i have an altogether another post to make when i get some time.

Morning woke up and removed all plastic covers (i hate them), removed all stickers from dealer and the swift name from the rear mud flaps using some thinner... went to check air pressure and as i suspected they were all crazy, 28, 29, 30 in diff wheels.

stock tyre (165/80/14) company recommendation is 36 (all psi) for front (30 kg heavier diesel engine) and 33 for rear. Since i went the upsize way (195/65/14), am trying out with 34 for front and 32 for rear to begin with.

And what a difference it made, Rudra sir, now you need to sit in the car and you will have loads further to add to what you said yday.

Thats quick update for now, pics have to wait for now.

@Mods: request if this can be moved to review section, if appropriate and add to post name. "Swift Vdi, The DIESEL experience !"
Old 10th April 2007, 10:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congo Jaggu thats a lovely first impression. Enjoy your VDi and keep us updated with detailed reviews
Old 10th April 2007, 10:45   #36
BHPian

Congrats Jaggu on the new car...
Old 10th April 2007, 10:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Since i went the upsize way (195/65/14), am trying out with 34 for front and 32 for rear to begin with.
.. This is also the recommended pressure for the Safari with 16"..
I am following the same..
Guys any idea what pressure i should go for in 255/65 16"

Godfather
Old 10th April 2007, 10:47   #38
Team-BHP Support

Awesome! Nothing like the day you pick up a new car is it!
Old 10th April 2007, 11:02   #39
BHPian

he he .. its always a nice feeling to drive the new car back to your place. Why not scan and post maruti wali pic..

Congrats !
Old 10th April 2007, 11:13   #40
Team-BHP Support

he he he ... you its a good feeling alright and thanks again guys.

why the Zxi wheels?

well i wanted pure white rims, whatever i came across were either crappy china or not so good looking (my taste), plan B was upsize and remove the OE caps, then i saw this set of Zxi in a shop, removed as soon as the car was out from the showroom, and after a cut paste pic job, i somehow liked the understated elegance this had in the white car and went with it. these are purely personal taste and ofcource best deal always win.

pics will come guys, i have them right from showroom to car without wheels etc, but planning for a small surprise and hence not posting for now give me some time to get back on this
Old 10th April 2007, 11:37   #41
BHPian

Congratz Jaggu!!! Enjoy the experience of the new car...!!!!
Old 10th April 2007, 13:26   #42
BHPian

Congrats Jaggu, I saw a swift vdi on the roads last sunday here in Cal. They guy had put up Black colour Graphic Stickers on the doors ( The fire ones ) and had alloy wheels. Man the ride was looking hot !!!! Could not take pics though :-( ! Hey jaggu have u seen the new metallic light blue colour available in Swift VDi ???
Old 10th April 2007, 13:54   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Now the very novel stuff, delivery guy wants me and wifee to pose in front of the car to have snap taken lol, said a copy is mailed to the customer also.. small things that earn maruthi brownie points.
Hearty congratulations on your new car!
FYI - Concorde Motors (Tata dealer) in Chennai does the same for every vehicle delivered.
Old 10th April 2007, 14:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jaggu, Which dealer did u buy from?

Abhi
Old 10th April 2007, 14:12   #45
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu, congrats on ur new ride..!!
From the Josh machine to the new Josh...

Still waiting for the surprise you have up your sleeve with respect to the pics.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks