Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 13:28   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ITs about the technical knowledge of handling a car that has been build with the experience gathered over 100 years. And how well can someone with just over 10 yrs experience handle such a car. Well...visit a TATA service centre. You'll know.
10 years of experience(Tata) cannot maintain 100 years of research(Fiat adventure).
Are you saying that before Tata the service of Fiat was better? If thats the case, then if you really think somebody is your friend you should discourage them from buying Fiats.
Old 13th November 2007, 16:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Once again Fiat's ****ty marketing at work. Why can't they point out this fact in their marketing campaigns?! Even Honda talks about this in their print adverts.

The UNO 1.2 we bought in 2001 was euro III compliant and nobody at the showroom even knew what that really meant. The FOrd guy kept shouting about the gears being connected by cables on the fusion to avaoid any vibrations being felt. When i went for the adventure i found that it had two cables so as to ensure safety too but the showroom guys were just clueless of how something like a cable was important here. Brazil i think has moved even higher than E-10 so the FIAT engines should obviously be E-10 compliant.

I think FIAT thinks all these things are no great deal. They dont know the Indian Consumers mindset. Thats why some other brands sell like hot cakes offering not even half.
Old 13th November 2007, 16:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
10 years of experience(Tata) cannot maintain 100 years of research(Fiat adventure).
Are you saying that before Tata the service of Fiat was better? If thats the case, then if you really think somebody is your friend you should discourage them from buying Fiats.
On the first part i think it was clear that customer care has improved a lot but the technical competence is lacking.

On the second part I truely agree with you. If a friend (or even an enemy) is looking for capability of service centres in dealing with their cars its a big No (Italics, Bold, Capitals, Inverted Comma's, Higher font size, and whatever is available!!!).

But if he is looking for one of the best suspensions for ride comfort at affordable price, there is nothing else in the market right now. All FIATs have been real value for money cars if you really understood what was being offered. Its just that we never really knew well about what was on offer. And FIAT was not bothered to inform us probably because we were just the 36th country in their list!!!

It depends on your focus. If your focus is on the days the car spends in the service centre. Just dont even think of going near a FIAT in india. But if the focus is on the time you are sitting inside the car and driving it, well its the best at the price range.

Last edited by gemithomas : 13th November 2007 at 16:30.
Old 23rd November 2007, 20:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
It depends on your focus. If your focus is on the days the car spends in the service centre. Just dont even think of going near a FIAT in india. But if the focus is on the time you are sitting inside the car and driving it, well its the best at the price range.
well said sir, even before buying & experiencing a car people are worried about service... FIAT riding experience is on a different plane altogether.

FIAT, always ........
Old 25th November 2007, 08:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Future plans - advice needed.

1.Thinking of switching over to synthetic oil during the 15K service. PLease advice on brand / grade. And If possible do mention experiences on the FIAT 1.6 engine.

2. Is there any fluid that needs to be drained/flushed/replaced during this service or after 1 yr.

Guess everyone missed this part. Any suggestions?
Old 25th November 2007, 18:57   #36
BHPian

Fiat Adventure discontinued?

I could not find any other suitable thread and so I am posting here.
Has Fiat Adventure been discontinued?
I visited the Fiat website and it does not mention anything about Adventure.
Do we expect a replacement of Petra?
Old 25th November 2007, 19:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
I could not find any other suitable thread and so I am posting here.
Has Fiat Adventure been discontinued?
I visited the Fiat website and it does not mention anything about Adventure.
Do we expect a replacement of Petra?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html
Old 25th November 2007, 22:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Guess everyone missed this part. Any suggestions?
ya you can go for synthetic oil, use a engine flush on the old mineral oil, either from bardhal or STP...

i like motul 8100 excess & castrol edge....
Old 19th April 2008, 08:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

20K Updates

Ok. Just crossed 20K and thought i should share the ownership expereience with you.

Driving
I'd give it full marks for the comfortable high driving position, the Steering position, the gear ratios and the power delivery (with that low end torque). I seriosly think i'll find it quite difficult to replace this car. I am yet to find a car at the under 8L price range which gives me such fabulous driving comfort. Its so good to cruise around. The only better cruiser i have driven is the safari.

F.E
The F.E has settled down to around 9-10 in city with a/c and around 14 on highways.

Service
Well. Not that great but since i have experienced TVS service nothing could be worse. The TATA guys are atleast courteous enough to listen o us and are ready to accept what they dont know. They do lack a bit in te technical fron though. Spares is still an issue. You really need to pull strings if you want things to happen fast enough.

Tyres
The Pirellis seem to be ready to run for atleast 10-15K more. Ive heard a lot of complaints of tyre wear on pirellis. Though the pirellis are responsible for atleast 0.5-1km/l less FE, it compensates by soaking up almost anything on the road. You would love to drive on "no tar" roads. Thats where the tyre would really show what its capable of.

Issues
Solved
Water entering headlamp - THis was changed under warranty. Waited for around 4 months for spares to arrive. Then i thought enough is enough. Pulled a few strings at the dealer level and involved Mr.Mangesh. The spare arrived in a weeks time and was replaced.

Rpm dancing - Changed throttle body under warranty.

Yet to solve
Everytime i hit bumper to bumper traffic. The idle rpm sticls to 1100rpm and the engine raises. A restart would bring things back to normal. THe car runs perfectly fine till the next "stop-go" traffic condition. Service guys are perplexed with this behaviour. Hope to solve it ASAP.

OVerall
Still perfectly happy with my decision. I was looking for ride comfort and driving pleasure. I'm getting both at the least cost. Though the above issues are slightly saddening, i still feel on top of the world whenever i sit behind the wheels.

PS. Guys. I've still not shifted to synthetic. Probably will try Castrol Magnatec during the 21K service.

Last edited by gemithomas : 19th April 2008 at 08:58.
Old 25th April 2008, 15:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
PS. Guys. I've still not shifted to synthetic. Probably will try Castrol Magnatec during the 21K service.
When I serviced my 1.6 Sport, they have put in 10W40 Castrol magnatec costing Rs 785.xx for 3.2 lts. I think now onwards, by default TATA puts this engine oil in all cars be it TATA or FIAT. This is what I was told by the service advisor. No more FIAT specific engine oil..
Old 25th April 2008, 15:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

What is recommended according to the manual ? 5w40 ?
Old 27th April 2008, 09:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
When I serviced my 1.6 Sport, they have put in 10W40 Castrol magnatec costing Rs 785.xx for 3.2 lts. I think now onwards, by default TATA puts this engine oil in all cars be it TATA or FIAT. This is what I was told by the service advisor. No more FIAT specific engine oil..
Have not heard of that. I saw a big barrel of oil being brought in the last time i went to the service centre. The guys said its FIAT oil. Did not see any brand marking though. Does the Palio take just 3.2 litres. I thought he said they need above 4 litres.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
What is recommended according to the manual ? 5w40 ?
Manual Recommends 15W40. But Most T-Bhpian recommend 5W50 in case of moving to synthetics.

Can someone tell me how the Magnatec performs in the FIAT 1.6. Is it good enough or is it really worth the money to go for fully synthetic oils.
Old 28th April 2008, 17:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Have not heard of that. I saw a big barrel of oil being brought in the last time i went to the service centre. The guys said its FIAT oil. Did not see any brand marking though. Does the Palio take just 3.2 litres. I thought he said they need above 4 litres.!!
They just put engine oil and then check to see whether it is in the level (min to max). Even service at Prerana motors (first paid), I can see only 3 lts being billed.

Manual Recommends 15W40. But Most T-Bhpian recommend 5W50 in case of moving to synthetics.

Quote:
Can someone tell me how the Magnatec performs in the FIAT 1.6. Is it good enough or is it really worth the money to go for fully synthetic oils.
From engine oil change from Castrol 20W40 to Castrol magnatec 10W40, I observed, that it pulls smoothly, not much noise.
Old 20th October 2008, 13:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Its now 30K in 19 months!!!

Atleast some of you would remember the time i was breaking my head on choosing between the Swift VDi (Which had just launched) and the Adventure (Which was just about to be phased out). Well it turns out that i was wrong at one thing...the number of km i would run...and now i have completed 30K km in just 19 months. My plans were that i would do only below 1K per month but statistics show that i have been doing above 1.5K every month!!!

Just had my 30K service done. Had to shell out around 8K. The major cost was the brake pads which costed a steep Rs.3000/-.!! Enquired about palio brake pads and they said it comes at around 1.5K. Seems that adventure brake pads are bigger and thus costlier!!! Well thats the pricewe need to pay for owning a phased out car

Other spares inlcuded spark plugs and suspension bush kits.

HAve been sing castrol magnatec since 22.5K and find it better than the OE oil supplied by FIAT.

Over the period have driven a few cars which includes the swift petrol and diesel, the palio stile 1.6 and 1.1 and mjd and the old 1.2, indica vista, ford fiesta 1.4. And guess what...I still believe that the Adventure was the once in a lifetime oppurtunity to own and drive a car you really feel good to be in. If i had not bought the adventure at that time probably i would never have experienced this car in this lifetime. As of now i am not much bothered about the few days i have to break my head with the service issues. I am enjoying the majority of the other days where i am driving my car.

A tire change is on the cards and i have been trying to get hands on a set of pirellis. Have been able to do 30Kquite easily with regular alignment and tyre rotation. Would like to hear on experiences with other brands on the adventure. An alternative in mind is the wider Michellin XM1+ But i'm afraid if the lower profile would affect the ride comfort. Please advice.
Old 20th October 2008, 13:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

You tires need replacement asap?

XM1 for comfort as per the gurus. What about Yokos?

30K in 19, not bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks