Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 16:22   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, ride quality is better. Mainly due to the fact that this size lays down more rubber (195/60 compared to 175/65). Also, the S322s are not what you call comfort tyres.

However, I'm sure the ride quality on your dad's NHC is waaay better than my dad's. The Advans are really hard. The sidewall is super hard. Good for bad roads!

Performance: Dont need to say anything about it. Astonishing would be the word.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:26   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Performance: Dont need to say anything about it. Astonishing would be the word.
YOKOs RULEZ eh! Once I tried my swifts S-Drives on NHC and that was hell of a differance. So can imagine what Neovas does on NHC! huh!

Last edited by nikkibike : 11th June 2009 at 16:30.
Old 11th June 2009, 18:27   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, better than that would be what they can do on a Swift! . I havent read the whole thread, but I hope you have some performance mods on your Swift! I'm worried after seeing LPG in your siggy!

the NHC we have is the Vtec version. So, it is superbly fast in a straight line and now with the Advans, is pretty good at cornering too.

Edit: Checked out your garage. You really need to mod your engine FAST! Otherwise, you will not be doing justice to those tyres.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 11th June 2009 at 18:29.
Old 12th June 2009, 10:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Checked out your garage. You really need to mod your engine FAST! Otherwise, you will not be doing justice to those tyres.
ha ha! hmm... well.. will put my reviews on the tyres later. Its still on run-in now.
Reg mods on engine, will think about it later if it is really really required. As of now, am quite happy with the output.
I bot Neovas juz for experiencing the stuff.... and that will be put on extreme tests during one of our
D R I V E S that happens every now and then. We get to throw it around the corners of winding roads in ghat sections and all that..

Stay tuned

Last edited by nikkibike : 12th June 2009 at 10:24.
Old 15th June 2009, 00:51   #110
BHPian

You went for a drive where is the review ? Is the Tyre too much for the chassis ?
Old 15th June 2009, 18:01   #111
BHPian

Neovas tested in Nadukani Ghat section

WOW!! That was some true spirited D R I V E!!
One LPG Powered Swift shod with 'Neova' and a DDIS-Pete'd Swift shod with 'S Drives' of same size.

Well... My earlier set was S Drive and so I know what kinda stuff it is. It worked well for almost 37k kms on the car.

Long back itself I had decided that the next set would be the Neovas as I never got a chance to experience its qualities and abilities. Finally I got hold of a set of four for my Swift. Run-in completed in 3 days.. almost 375 kms. Then comes the sunday and mate rippergeo called me with the plan of an early morning drive to one of his favourite destination NADUKANI - a hill-station that houses a dam. We have done this route several times and are quite familiar with the road condition, traffic and the exotic winding roads.

Well... to be frank, I was a lot sceptical about the usage of Neovas on an LPG Powered - light car like Swift. But today am a more confident and happy Swift owner which is shod with Neovas. Maaaan.... it works beautifully... atleast in the limits that I push and kick my car on curves and turns! I did all... drove it to a top speed of 160 kms/hr in straight streches, easliy took tight and sharp curves @ 90-120kms/hr range, and then the extreme kicks at the corners of ghat sections at 40-70 kms/hr. Remember, all that stunts when the road was WET there was drizzling!!
Well... it does looses the grip at certain tight corners and curves but never felt alarming. So i believe these tyres cannot be called as an overkill for a light car like Swift. I never liked flooring the pedal in straight streches and always enjoyed whenever therez curves and corners to push, kick and throw around.. Neovas let me do that with much ease and confidence.

@ Muneem, NOPE.. i don't think Neovas are too much for the chassis. Everything holds well in tight corners and Neovas compliments for decent
maneuvering of such attempts. Feels tooo good.

This is a great stuff for all driving enthusiasts who love to throw the car around the corners. I feel the money well spent. Its a stupendous stuff to bad drivers like me!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift ZXi - 3rd set of tyres - 80,000 kms UP!-nadukani14jn9-024a.jpg  

Last edited by nikkibike : 15th June 2009 at 18:15.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:56   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
WOW!! That was some true spirited D R I V E!!
One LPG Powered Swift shod with 'Neova' and a DDIS-Pete'd Swift shod with 'S Drives' of same size.
Are you sure it is Nadukani, for ripper it has to be Kulamavu!!

Anyway nice selection of tyres. Congrats.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Tyres came to me @ 7.3k per tyre.
Eeeeek..!
Was thinking about getting Yokos as part of next tyre upgrade, the price is just nuts.

Guys, Any idea what 195/60/14 Yoko will cost ?

Also is the major difference between Neova and S-drive's, I mean price?

Last edited by yzfrj : 15th June 2009 at 19:44.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Are you sure it is Nadukani, for ripper it has to be Kulamavu!!Anyway nice selection of tyres. Congrats.
he hee... Inititally we set for Nadukani, but the 'pushes' and 'kicks' took us to Kulamavu which is around 3-4kms after nadukani!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Eeeeek..!
Was thinking about getting Yokos as part of next tyre upgrade, the price is just nuts.
Guys, Any idea what 195/60/14 Yoko will cost ?
Also is the major difference between Neova and S-drive's, I mean price?
be a true bhp-ian man!
Well.. 14" Neova costs around 4.6k per tyre. Yes.. the differance in the cost is HUGE!
Old 15th June 2009, 22:10   #115
rippergeo

It was a great DRIVE on sunday.
Both of us were testing our new tyres yesterday- My S Drives, and Nikki's Neovas

The relative lack of torque in the petrol swift is moooooore than compensated by the outright grip in corners and straightline stability.
I remember on one straight, where I was doing an uncharacteristically high 155kmph and nikki was accelerating away from me
I had to lift off for the approaching corner, nikki's neova shod swift did not even blink its brake lights there.

Several times on steep climbs, I'd pull away a little only to find nikki back in the RVMs when the corners came close together. I'm running on 205 S drives now and they are mind blowingly good,compared to any tyre i've used before, but seeing the neovas outperform the S Drives by several orders of magnitude is something else.

when nikki was in front, I'd follow him round a corner onto a straight, and find that he'd already done that section and disappeared round the next bend. It was like a magic trick.
So what if the car accelerates slightly slower than usual, once it is upto speed, there is no need to brake, or even lift off for corners.

My tires are excellent, but nikki's need a much better adjective than excellent. whatever word you can come up with, they are going to fall short. I'm sure!

BTW-we went past kulamavu too, we went all the way up to the dam this time. normally we stop at greenberg.
WHAT A DRIVE !!!!!!!!
Thank you Yokohama

EDIT-@yzfrj- S Drives cost me 4.5k per tyre. 205/55/r15
complete VFM

Last edited by rippergeo : 15th June 2009 at 22:12.

Old 15th June 2009, 22:18   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
It was a great DRIVE on sunday.
Both of us were testing our new tyres yesterday- My S Drives, and Nikki's Neovas

The relative lack of torque in the petrol swift is moooooore than compensated by the outright grip in corners and straightline stability.
I remember on one straight, where I was doing an uncharacteristically high 155kmph and nikki was accelerating away from me
I had to lift off for the approaching corner, nikki's neova shod swift did not even blink its brake lights there.

Several times on steep climbs, I'd pull away a little only to find nikki back in the RVMs when the corners came close together. I'm running on 205 S drives now and they are mind blowingly good,compared to any tyre i've used before, but seeing the neovas outperform the S Drives by several orders of magnitude is something else.

when nikki was in front, I'd follow him round a corner onto a straight, and find that he'd already done that section and disappeared round the next bend. It was like a magic trick.
So what if the car accelerates slightly slower than usual, once it is upto speed, there is no need to brake, or even lift off for corners.

My tires are excellent, but nikki's need a much better adjective than excellent. whatever word you can come up with, they are going to fall short. I'm sure!

BTW-we went past kulamavu too, we went all the way up to the dam this time. normally we stop at greenberg.
WHAT A DRIVE !!!!!!!!
Thank you Yokohama

EDIT-@yzfrj- S Drives cost me 4.5k per tyre. 205/55/r15
complete VFM
Ripper, you really need to drive the Advan Neova shod Swift to realise just how good it is.I've driven Kartik's Swift in B'lore and they are amazing. The Neovas are so good, they make a car like the NHC seem like a good handling car.

99% of the time, the human behind the wheel runs out of courage before the tyres run out of grip.
Old 15th June 2009, 22:26   #117
rippergeo

Quote:
Ripper, you really need to drive the Advan Neova shod Swift to realise just how good it is.I've driven Kartik's Swift in B'lore and they are amazing. The Neovas are so good, they make a car like the NHC seem like a good handling car.
I'm debating getting neovas in 14 inch if they are available, just for these DRIVEs that we go on. I'm the kind of driver who complains about being bogged down by 205 S Drives. imagine what would happen to me with neovas in that size.

Quote:
99% of the time, the human behind the wheel runs out of courage before the tyres run out of grip.
In the case of nikki, that never happens
I saw him smoking his right rear neova on a crazy hairpin bend. How did he do that?
Mere mortals like me.... I run out of courage before the S Drives run out of grip.

Last edited by rippergeo : 15th June 2009 at 22:27.

Old 15th June 2009, 22:40   #118
BHPian

That sounds interesting and the debate is on. Waiting for more reviews of tyres from Nikki and ripper.

BTW at what odo reading did you change your tyres ripper?

Cheers to nikki and ripper for new shoes
Old 15th June 2009, 22:49   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Ripper, the Neovas in 14" are very very well priced. Compared to that fact tht 195/60 R14 Michelin XM1+ costs 4.5k, 5.2k for AD07s sound very reasonable.

Do you still have your 14" alloys? If so, you can go for it. It is a wrong upsize though. You'll hve to deal with odo error.

And I'm like you. I run out of courage very very quickly compared to the Neovas. I've done some crazy stuff, but never got the Neovas to smoke! Only once at a really really tight corner did I get them to squeal.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 15th June 2009 at 22:51.
Old 15th June 2009, 23:07   #120
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
In the case of nikki, that never happens
I saw him smoking his right rear neova on a crazy hairpin bend. How did he do that?
Mere mortals like me.... I run out of courage before the S Drives run out of grip.
Sorry to barge in, but hey, NIKKI, you seem to a my kind of ripper. How about a RIP drive if and when we ever get to meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks