Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 16:22   #1
BHPian

Swift ZXi - 3rd set of tyres - 80,000 kms UP!

My swift has completed 30,000 kms today and is given for service at MASS.

Initially my ownership experiance was bad as the car came with tyre outer wear and side pulling problems. I was very unhappy due to my bad luck of having the most troublesome car of the lot. Ridiculous thing is that, none of the Dealer Services in my city could findout the root cause of those issues and so I had to live with it till MASS foundout the cause and eliminated both the troubles. Since then am enjoying a trouble free car with decent power and amazing handling characterestics. Overall minor rattlings are still an issue, which cannot be considered lightly for a premium car like this! Otherwise therez no major troubles faced due to faulty parts or workmanship. Not even a single puncture too!
All services done at regular intervals as recommended by the manufacturer.

The major thing done on the car is LPG kitting @ 5,000 kms. This was done at the dealer's service centre itself by authorised personall of "STAR GAS". Never expected this venture to be so succusfull! The 'system' never gave any indication that this is an inferior alternative to Petrol. Infact, oflate I've heard that "Star Gas" is one of the best suited kit for Maruti MPFI-ed vehicles.(Try it ). The car runs as smooth as on petrol and now is economical as a diesel one in terms of fuel cost! I do a full water serice at every 2,500 kms and at the same time the air filter gets cleaned too!

Only extra maintenance that I do is wheel alignment & balancing at every 5k kms. My abusive kind of driving style have taken minor toll on the suspension systems and thatz it. The car is otherwise good and smooth as day 1. Signs of ageing is yet to show up. NO unusual wear & tear on any frequently used parts! The car was driven on a/c completely and still the cooling or function of a/c parts have not faded even a bit!
Tyres show a further life of 5 to 10k kms!

So, in short, the ownership experience in the first year was equally disturbing as well as fruitfull.
Old 10th September 2007, 16:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Vikram_D has a comptetitor for clocking kms.

Nikkibike,

* What is a "water service" ?

* Those rattles are not difficult to deal with permanently especially if they're emanating from the door panels. Its DIY too. Remove the panels, stick 5-6 foam chunks spread evenly across the area inside. These foam pieces should protrude slightly beyond the depth of the panel to be able to act as a cushion. Then, at the edges of the panels which come into contact at the doors, stick 2-sided tape at various places and screw the panels back on. You'll be very pleasantly surpised at the results thereafter.

* How's the clutch?
Old 10th September 2007, 16:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Must have meant water wash.
Old 10th September 2007, 17:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
* Those rattles are not difficult to deal with permanently especially if they're emanating from the door panels. Its DIY too. Remove the panels, stick 5-6 foam chunks spread evenly across the area inside. These foam pieces should protrude slightly beyond the depth of the panel to be able to act as a cushion. Then, at the edges of the panels which come into contact at the doors, stick 2-sided tape at various places and screw the panels back on. You'll be very pleasantly surpised at the results thereafter.
* How's the clutch?
Well.... A full body and underbody wash using high pressure water servicing equipment is what I meant for 'water service'

Those rattlings are too bad man! I / technicians will fix 'one' but in another few minutes 'other' will come in!! Gave up finally. Hope to eliminate it when I do damping during ICE upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Must have meant water wash.
yeah dude. You are right!
Old 11th September 2007, 10:32   #5
BANNED

Nikkibike,

ho wmuch did you paid for LPG kit ? what is d avegare ?
Old 11th September 2007, 12:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Nikkibike, ho wmuch did you paid for LPG kit ? what is d avegare?
I paid 20k for the package! (kit installation and RTO endorsement)
I get a consistent figure of 10+ km/ltr of LPG! Usage is 50% on highway and 50% in crowded and damaged city roads!
Old 11th September 2007, 19:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

@theMAG - Thanks, Bro ! Got to try this DIY thing out...My doors rattle badly on bad roads, but silent otherwise.
Old 11th September 2007, 22:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@theMAG - Thanks, Bro ! Got to try this DIY thing out...My doors rattle badly on bad roads, but silent otherwise.
kuttappaa... that is a common thingy with all swifts!! nothing much can be done other than damping the car neatly for ICE!
Old 11th September 2007, 22:59   #9
BHPian

Excuse me please... but can someone tell me what exactly is this DAMPING
Old 11th September 2007, 23:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

30000kms in 1yr..WOAH!!!! Ive just done 1800kms in 1yr.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
30000kms in 1yr..WOAH!!!! Ive just done 1800kms in 1yr.
dude... am becoming more and more lazy these days....! My last car did 48k in the first year! A Tata Indica!

@ kjdesigns... dude, I mean the same thing which you do for sound proofing and dampening during ICEing! Have you heard bout that?! Search the ICE section for more details!

Last edited by nikkibike : 12th September 2007 at 10:58.
Old 12th September 2007, 12:14   #12
BHPian

HEHE a cousin of mine had a qualis, tavera, innova etc, all of which used to run 50K+ in a year. Poor guy could never keep a car more than 2 -2 and a half years as it would simply die
Old 12th September 2007, 12:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
Excuse me please... but can someone tell me what exactly is this DAMPING
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
HEHE a cousin of mine had a qualis, tavera, innova etc, all of which used to run 50K+ in a year. Poor guy could never keep a car more than 2 -2 and a half years as it would simply die
he he he..... my last car Indica did 1 lakhs kms in 3yrs time! It was in top condition when I sold it then for 1.95 Lakhs!!
You must maintain the cars well dear!

Last edited by nikkibike : 12th September 2007 at 12:21.
Old 15th September 2007, 10:52   #14
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Your post has been edited since it contained one too many smilies. Team-BHP is viewed by people from all walks of life, and they prefer an uncluttered post protocol. We would much appreciate you restricting the smilie usage to 2 per post.

Thanks!

Last edited by DCEite : 15th September 2007 at 22:10. Reason: See post
Old 15th September 2007, 11:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

By the way - what about your warranty? A CNG would've been even cheaper, but i see many people shying away from it for warranty reasons

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks