Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Reach!

@suman.... Where's the 2.2 test drive report. Lazzzzy you!!! :P

Last edited by extreme_torque : 22nd October 2007 at 15:50.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@suman.... Where's the 2.2 test drive report. Lazzzzy you!!! :P
Heh-heh, well, met up with Nitin (Trancenut) on Thursday & after an hour long discussion, we both agreed that we were quite satisfied with our current behemoths. So I just couldn't work up the energy or the enthusiasm to go through the TD experience! And I trust you guys, so.............

Took my kids bowling instead
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:46   #18
BHPian

[quote=rajismine;602341]He is lying and tell him that you had specifically asked for Bridgestone and he still gave you Apollo and gave wrong information and misguided you. Tell him that you would report this to TATAs.

And do one thing...send a mail to TATA and this guy: Avinash G. Kulkarni, he is the head of Corporate and fleet sales for south for the passenger car unit (kulkarni.avinash@tatamotors.com).

Hey rajismine,

thanks for the contact details, I have sent a detailed mail along with pointing a link to this thread as well . Let me wait and see what will happen now and I hope it will be in favor of me
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:28   #19
BHPian

reachmash. Did you talk to the Manipal GM again. Tell him, you want this to be fixed asap. Once you run a tyres for a couple of 100 kms, they wont replace it. Infact if they replace it, they will have to swap it with some other new car, so you have to do it asap
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:35   #20
BANNED

You can also try Anupam Misra at 080 6667 8181 (Tata Motors Bangalore)
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:51   #21
BHPian

@rajismine

I could speak to SM only, as the AGM was in some meeting and GM was not available. Just few minutes back SM called and said the AGM has confirmed with service center and the option of switching the tires are absolutely ruled out . I recall that some other member here mentioned the same and they decided to live with Apollo Tires.

however, will wait and see what Mr. Kulkarni had to say. and I hope their will be no such issues on my truck, if any I have 4 yrs warranty so that I can breath.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:01   #22
BHPian

Quick Update,

Today I went and spoke to GM in person, they asked me if I would like to meet GM / AGM when I clearly mentioned that I would like to meet GM not AGM lol.

he listened to my problem and tried to convince me, but I did not budge from my argument based on whatever knowledge that I gathered in this forum.

Finally He told me that he will get back to me by EOD after talking to service team.

P:S: funny thing is, he mentioned Kulkarni's name to some body over phone and advised to update the current status, not sure if its the same Kulkarni of Tata Motors.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:27   #23
BHPian

MODS,

I am not sure what was wrong in my post which had the final discussion about the Tire issue, may be it had some content which is not recommenced in this forum. If that I the case, I apologize, if not I would request one of you to approve the post, so that people can know how dealers can cheat under our very nose.

Thanks
Old 26th October 2007, 16:37   #24
BHPian

decided to go with Apollo's, as the dealer has twisted the story with TATA's :-)

very sad!!, but will live with it and when I change the tires will go for better ones.
Old 27th October 2007, 19:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

one piece of advise here mate.

I aso recently bought the 3.0 (three weeks back to be precise) an done of the first things I did was to junk the stock tyres- and mine were bridgestones. you need to get tubeless radials on this beast and the exchange costs between 5-7k depending on your city and bargaining power. DO IT!!

the hawks are pretty pathetic tyres and squeal away to glory on fast turns and are down right dangerous in the wet since they do not provide adequate grip.

Cheers and drive safe
Old 29th October 2007, 11:55   #26
BHPian

oh!!, you put in me doubt again, but a Good one :-).

can you please tell me which tires you went for and what was the price paid or any other Bangalore TBHP members? Any good store in Bangalore?

I need details like:

Tire Brand & Make,
Tire Size,
Place in Bangalore
Approx Price
Contact Person (if possible)

P:S: My truck has around around 160 KM so far, and I hope it wont be an issue for exchange.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
oh!!, you put in me doubt again, but a Good one :-).

can you please tell me which tires you went for and what was the price paid or any other Bangalore TBHP members? Any good store in Bangalore?

I need details like:

Tire Brand & Make,
Tire Size,
Place in Bangalore
Approx Price

P:S: My truck has around around 160 KM so far, and I hope it wont be an issue for exchange.

I got Bridgestone DUellers H/T tubeless 235 R17s on my truck.

the exchange price for teh stock tyres was 4.5k for a set of 5 plus 500 bucks for the valves and the balancing. this is in Hyderabad. dont know what you would pay in Bnagy. But about a year back, I paid 8 k for bridgestone tubeless tyres in exchange for the stock tyres for my baleno from Pratham motors on Sarjapur ORR.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:47   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Reachmash:

From my limited research on telephone and Google, try Nitin or Ashwin at Sai Iyengar on either Lalbagh Rd & Indiranagar (080 2521 9222, +91 99453 78168). I found them to be the most knowledgeable, enthusiastic and offering the best deal at least on the Michelins. I checked out tyres for my Aveo (upsize) and also for a Safari (planned). Here are the latter:

Exchange price for Apollo Hawkz: Rs. 3,600 each; For Bridgestone Duellers: Rs. 4,000 each.

Their price for:
1. Michelin Latitude Tour HP 235/70 R16 with a minimum rim size of 6J is Rs. 6,300. This is the stock size.
2. Michelin Latitude Tour HP 255/65/R16 (+1 tyre upsize) with a minimum rim size of 6.5J is Rs. 8,620.
3. Michelin Synchrones - was more expensive than the Latitudes. Did not ask as way beyond budget.

IMO, go for the 255s. Worth the money I think. It should substantially reduce braking distances and increase stability/grip etc. It will also help cut body roll as these tyres come with the StabiliGrip sipes inside the ture treads which are said to 'lock' during cornering and keep the contact patch of the tyre 'straight' on the road surface.

Hope this helps - let us know how things go.

ItWasntMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
oh!!, you put in me do
ubt again, but a Good one :-).

I need details like:

Tire Brand & Make,
Tire Size,
Place in Bangalore
Approx Price

Old 30th October 2007, 12:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
From my limited research on telephone and Google, try Nitin or Ashwin at Sai Iyengar on either Lalbagh Rd & Indiranagar (080 2521 9222, +91 99453 78168). I found them to be the most knowledgeable, enthusiastic and offering the best deal at least on the Michelins.
I would tend to disagree on the best deal part. Please shop around a little bit, try General tyres on JC road for example. I exchanged my Bridgestones for Synchrones at Performance Club. Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact details. What I do remember is: the deal was much better than Sai Iyengar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
IMO, go for the 255s. Worth the money I think. It should substantially reduce braking distances and increase stability/grip etc.
1. Make sure your rim size is well matched.
2. Please read the section on contact patches and grip at:
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 2 of 2

Thanks,
Su-47
Old 30th October 2007, 13:25   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Su-47, that's 2 more names of good shops for Reachmash. Personally did not find General very helpful or knowledgeable (on phone) while did not know of Performance Club!

Also, I agree that most 255s specify a minimum 7.0J rim size. But I got my figures from Michelin India's website as below: Is it a typo? Check the 65 255s

Link: Michelin India - Latitude Tour HP

Thanks,
ItWasntMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I would tend to disagree on the best deal part. Please shop around a little bit, try General tyres on JC road for example. I exchanged my Bridgestones for Synchrones at Performance Club. Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact details. What I do remember is: the deal was much better than Sai Iyengar.

1. Make sure your rim size is well matched.
2. Please read the section on contact patches and grip at:
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 2 of 2

Thanks,
Su-47

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th October 2007 at 13:45. Reason: HTML tags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks