Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 21:37   #1
BHPian

My New Safari Dicor EX 3.0L 4x2 LTR Thread

First of all, I thank all those BHPian's who has the Beast / Truck i.e. Safari Dicor reason behind this is very simple :-) you guys have put selfless / unbiased thoughts and experienced reports which has helped me in taking the right decision and get the truck with greater happiness.

Here I would like to mention few names that comes to my mind purely based on the information / knowlege they have shared in this great forum.

Steeriod, Suman, dicor4x4, doctorkats, SUV, gd1418, Godfather, rahulk

P:S: Names mentioned here is not in any order of influence / preference and I apologizes if I have missed any other proud Dicor owners.

Now to Real Story

Make: Tata Safari Dicor EX 4x2 (7-seater)
Color: Light Gold
Model: July 2007
Price: Rs.915000 (Ex-Showroom, Incl. Road Tax + Insurance-Discount)

Free of cost (FOC) dealer fitments
- Extended Warranty
- WaxOyl Exterior Paint Protection
- Carry boy like Crash guard (OEM)
- Mud Flaps
- Floor Mats Complete Set,
- Windows Filming (Some Classic brand / make)

PDI Experience

I diligently followed the PDI suggestions from SMG and normaly_crazy and found that the Delear's SM was surprised that I was going through such a pain to very every aspect of the vehicle (he he he what he did not know is that these can be found in TBHP). As we made progress I could find few things missing like First Aid Kit, Emergency Triangle and the Cooling paper work was shabby + Waxoyl protection was missing here and their on the body surface say around 2% on the whole body. I made a note of every thing and ticked off all those things that came back to its original position by the time the PDI was completed. However, on those remaining things like Cooling Paper and Waxoyl issue were recorded along with feedback form on a a4 sheet of paper and duly signed on the acknowledgment copy. I will take it up during the 1st service.

rest was just fine with the truck.

P:S: I did the PDI before the truck was sent to registration and at that time found the truck was already 72KM reading spoke to GM and SM to find out why, they gave the PDI for the last batch was done in airport road and later was sent to hebbal and the truck did this trip twice.

By the time I was doing the post registration PDI i.e. just before the vehicle delivery the reading was 92+ which is due to hebbal to RTO and back to Hebbal and showroom.

Post PDI Experience

Though the truck behaved properly during the PDI, post PDI after all the pooja formalities, when I tried to start the tuck only the engine cranked but did not start, later after a quick discussion with 24hr helpline, it was realized due to less fuel in the tank and truck was parking in approx 20 degrees tilted toward right side.

The technical person at the other end suggested exercising the air out procedure using the peer balloon under the hood. After pressing the balloon for 10-12 times, the engine started .. LOL, I was really getting worried about this on the day one itself. But after reading the user manual it was cleared, as this issue was mentioned clearly.

So far so good, the dials read 160 odd KM till now and I have filled full tank of ordinary diesel in one of the reputed bunks (kavery), so can’t comment on FE at this point of time, however the truck is running with full A/C even in city driving condition. So, I am not able to go beyond 3rd gear.

I am following the up/down shift of the gears as per the user guide and never crossing 2K RPM in the run-in period.

Sales / Delivery experience

I would rate the overall experience of buying and getting delivery of the vehicle as good . All the fitments asked for was ready ahead of time than I asked. However, its from my end the whole delivery process took more than 4 hrs due to diligent review of paper work (found couple of issues in the documents sent for RTO the initial was wrong), asked them to correct right away and they had mentioned in sales invoice the vehicle mfg date as oct 2006 LOL though I am getting 2.2l as against asking for 3.0l and they also had mentioned that vehicle power is 140 PS instead of 115 PS.) all these and many such minor things got corrected in front of me..

Dicor owners PM me for any do or don’ts from you experience.

Pics will come shortly in a day or two

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd October 2007 at 15:39. Reason: Dude, ease up on the smileys. Only two allowed per post.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:11   #2
BANNED

Congratulations on your purchase!

You're doing absolutely the right thing by taking it up to 2000 rpm in each gear. In the city, you'll hardly go into 4th gear but the important thing is that your engine will get a proper run-in.

My city mileage continues to hover at the 9.5 kpl mark and highway mileage varies between 11.5 kpl (for pedal to the metal kind of driving and upshifts at 2500 rpm in each gear) and 14 kpl (caressing the accelerator, upshifts at 2000 rpm in each gear and not crossing 120 kph in 5th). My A/C is always on. My odometer reads 20975 km today.

Also, please try and refill every time the fuel gauge reaches the 1/2 mark. This will ensure you never run out of fuel and also get ample opportunities to measure the fuel consumption.

Cheers and reclaim your life!
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats reachmash
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, Congratscheers: on your new buy & on a decision well made; hope you have loads of fun as you munch the kms, this is one beast that will definitely keep you happy
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new drive reachmash, enjoy your ride!! .

Keep us posted on the LTO reports.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:34   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats. At the rate its raining 3 L Dicors here, Tata wouldnt be mistaken wondering if they did a wrong thing introducing the 2.2
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:03   #8
BHPian

congrats mate...enjoy ur ride with the beast...
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, and welcome to the Truck-driver adda!
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:43   #10
BHPian

Hey Man. I see that you have got Apollo wheels.

Go back to the dealer and ask him to change it to Bridgestone right away...
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Hey Man. I see that you have got Apollo wheels.

Go back to the dealer and ask him to change it to Bridgestone right away...
I asked the GM itself right after my PDI before the turck was sent for registration and just before delivery as well. He says, it will void the warranty as when the vehicle sent from Pune it would be tagged with all the parts numbers against the vehicle. any changes to that, would be on owners risk . so, did not pursue him much on that matter. moreover the contact that I had at dealer has quite and joined MUL GM Sales. So, need to build some again from scratch, as I can't go for high end every time :-(

any TBHP'ins has good contact at Maniplal Motors Bangalore, would be great help.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:28   #12
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase.
In addition to adhering to the revs during run-in, just keep an eye on all the fluids used in the car (esp the engine oil, power steering oil, brake oil), and look out for any spillage/drops of oil on the ground.
Drive safe

-Nitin
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:19   #13
BHPian

He is lying and tell him that you had specifically asked for Bridgestone and he still gave you Apollo and gave wrong information and misguided you. Tell him that you would report this to TATAs.

Ask him that if lets say these tyres burst, and they replace under warranty, then does that mean that the warranty of the truck is void. He is just trying to fool you and acting smart.

You should not take it light and give him good. Lets not allow them to take us for a ride by giving false information....

And do one thing...send a mail to TATA and this guy: Avinash G. Kulkarni, he is the head of Corporate and fleet sales for south for the passenger car unit (kulkarni.avinash@tatamotors.com).

Just dont take his for granted and rip these guys off. And even if he says that it may void your warranty and it is at your risk, tell him that you wanna take the risk and get it changed.

I am 5000% sure that nothing will happen.....trust me and get it changed to Bridgestone

Last edited by rajismine : 22nd October 2007 at 15:23.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

reachmash: Welcome to the 3.0 ltr club..N heartiest congratulations
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats. At the rate its raining 3 L Dicors here, Tata wouldnt be mistaken wondering if they did a wrong thing introducing the 2.2
Tata would be cracking their heads off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks