Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 14:40   #31
BHPian

@ItWasntMe and @Su-47 and @himanshugoswami

thanks for the input and guidanace guys, appreciate you help.

called couple of Michelin dealers in Bangy and the not satisfied on the price quotes made on exchange (some offered just 2K )

so, called Nitin @ Sai Iyengar and told him preference from TBHP and it did wonders .

Was very informative and checked my needs etc. and then came back the suggestion to go far Latitude Tour HP with OE size.

For exchange he quoted for Apollo's which has run less than 250 KM he would take it for 3500/- per tire and has to pay 3900/- per tire for Michelin LATITUDE TOUR HP OE Size 235/70 R16 (Tubeless)

He did not suggest upsizing, as in Safari it may require some trim / cut the mettle due to tire size. Also did not recommend Michelin SYNCHRONE OE Size 235/70 R16 / MICHELIN Energy MXV4+, as he said it would wear a bit faster compared to Latitude Tour HP.

So, guys here comes my question

No, Doubt I will go for exchange, but wanted to make sure, if this is the right price and choice.

Thanks In Advance
reachmash
Old 31st October 2007, 16:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Also call Prakash of Super Tyre Tec, tell him about me and teambhp...He can give you a nice deal on Michelins as well as your old tyres...
Search in the forum, you will get his cell number as well

Since you are anyway exchanging your new tyres, why not improve your handling and go for the upgraded one (I think 255/65)...

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 31st October 2007 at 16:07.
Old 31st October 2007, 16:36   #33
BHPian

Congrats Bro
and if you want are planning an upsize then go in for 255/65/16, yes
there will be some cutting but you can live with that and make sure you get hard chrome alloys.
they look damn good on gold color.

any way rest is up to your taste.
enjoy
Old 31st October 2007, 16:53   #34
BHPian

@Abhi Thanks for the inputs, but I could not find the contact details of Prakash (Super Tyre Tec, JC ROad.), I looked you LTO and "Good Bye JK tyres..."

can you let me know the contact, I need to nail this down during this weekend.
Old 31st October 2007, 16:58   #35
BHPian

@ overdose14;

Thanks Bro

I plan but it depends on how much the diff cost between 235/65/16 and 255/65/16, yes

I don't think I can afford hard chrome alloys at this point of time, due to budget and attachment to my dear truck :-) as there will be some cutting

I know they look damn good on gold color (seen some other truck) but forgive my ignorance, can you enlighten me what needs to be done for my stock (I think it comes with Steel Radials)
Old 31st October 2007, 18:04   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Reachmash, are you planning to change your rims? Understood that you didn't have the budget :-) but try and manage it if you can. It should radically improve handling/braking especially as your EX does not have ABS.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
Congrats Bro
and if you want are planning an upsize then go in for 255/65/16, yes
there will be some cutting but you can live with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
@ overdose14;

Thanks Bro

I plan but it depends on how much the diff cost between 235/65/16 and 255/65/16, yes

I don't think I can afford hard chrome alloys at this point of time, due to budget and attachment to my dear truck :-) as there will be some cutting
Hey guys even I am planning to change the tyres from the stock to 255/65/16 with alloys. Though I do not plan to buy alloys immediately but definately an option later on. Could you please explain what you guys mean by Cutting.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey guys even I am planning to change the tyres from the stock to 255/65/16 with alloys. Though I do not plan to buy alloys immediately but definately an option later on. Could you please explain what you guys mean by Cutting.
@harjeev

the dealer said that due to wide tires you may have to adjust with the trimming that they do on mud flaps, front bumper

first hand info can be checked here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/602400-post94.html also you can check with babureddy

to know more about Safari Tyres please check the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...i-tyres-7.html
Old 1st November 2007, 00:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He did not suggest upsizing, as in Safari it may require some trim / cut the mettle due to tire size. Also did not recommend Michelin SYNCHRONE OE Size 235/70 R16 / MICHELIN Energy MXV4+, as he said it would wear a bit faster compared to Latitude Tour HP.
IIRC, 255's were fitted on Steeroid's truck without any cutting-shutting. I don't think there'll be any problem with fitting them on your vehicle. Do check this out with a few other dealers too, just to be sure.

P.S. I would recommend 255's over 235's.
Old 1st November 2007, 03:14   #40
BHPian

reachmash!
congratulations for your gleaming new truck.sorry for the delay.
hope she thrills you!
Old 1st November 2007, 07:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
@ overdose14;

Thanks Bro

I know they look damn good on gold color (seen some other truck) but forgive my ignorance, can you enlighten me what needs to be done for my stock (I think it comes with Steel Radials)

Get them exchanged with broader ones. it would cost around Rs.4000-5000.
if tyres are bridgestone otherwise you'll have to shell a little more.
and on rims nothing need to be cut or hammered and try to get some other brands
eg hankook(super soft compound and nice grip) and if you want to swing your safari tail at every turn then go in for hard compound like i've did. as far my experience ludhiana has got max no of safari in country and till date i have'nt seen any safari with Michelin. all run on denominator, maxis and hankook and many more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
IIRC, 255's were fitted on Steeroid's truck without any cutting-shutting. I don't think there'll be any problem with fitting them on your vehicle. Do check this out with a few other dealers too, just to be sure.

P.S. I would recommend 255's over 235's.

actually steer alloy wheels have same offset as of originals but most after market alloys have positive offset so when coupled with broader tyres, tyre rubs with mud flap and some part of body so basically what dealer do is cut little portion of flap and hammer metal part little bit so that rubbing is avoided and moreover after cutting flap its cleaning from inside has become quite easy.
some of friends have got 295's in their truck and that too in 16in and 15 in rims.

if possible i'll post a pic.

Last edited by overdose14 : 1st November 2007 at 07:29.
Old 1st November 2007, 11:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@harjeev

the dealer said that due to wide tires you may have to adjust with the trimming that they do on mud flaps, front bumper

first hand info can be checked here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/602400-post94.html also you can check with babureddy

to know more about Safari Tyres please check the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...i-tyres-7.html
Thanks reachmash,
the post was really helpful. I think that if I put 255/65/R16 in lieu of the stock tyres and put alloys with a width of 6.5 as wide as the stock rims I wouldn't have to cut anything. Lets see I am thinking of buying Aura Alloys the ones similar to the stock alloys provided by TATA.
Old 5th November 2007, 12:46   #43
BHPian

Need Help in Finalizing new Shoes for my Beast

Guys,

Got quote from two different dealers in B'lore

Place A:

Exchange price for Apollo Hawkz: Rs. 3,600 each

Recommenced Tubeless Michelin LATITUDE TOUR HP OE Size 235/70 R16 3900 per tire

Place B:

Exchange price for Apollo Hawkz: ????
Tubeless Michelin LATITUDE TOUR HP - 3400 (Stock Size)
Tubeless Michelin LATITUDE TOUR HP - 4850 ( for 255)

Also, as I was looking for switching to Alloy wheels, the Place B seems to have a OE Aura Stock Alloys of Safari Dicor which has run about 7 to 8 thousand KMS) is it wroth picking? if yes, is it worth paying 12,500?

Please help, I need to change this week itself at any cost
Old 9th November 2007, 11:41   #44
BHPian

*** Got New Shoes For My Beast ***

Guys,

Finally, I did it on the 7th Evening and I can't express my feelings about how great the beast feel now. One of my Friend was with me who vouched that he can't feel any bumpy / Thuds when the truck driven on a bad patch of Bangalore Roads unlike with Apollo.

Thanks for all your inputs and guidance guys, will post the PIC shortly.
Old 9th November 2007, 13:14   #45
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Finally, I did it on the 7th Evening and I can't express my feelings about how great the beast feel now. One of my Friend was with me who vouched that he can't feel any bumpy / Thuds when the truck driven on a bad patch of Bangalore Roads unlike with Apollo.

Thanks for all your inputs and guidance guys, will post the PIC shortly.
Hey a rather late congrats. Now let some long distance travel and highway runs be done - sure you must have something in mind, now that you are quite settled with the truck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks