Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 20:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
let me know...would love some input on ICE before i spend the $$$s. maybe i should start a new thread in the ICE section ??
Oh yeah it slipped my mind regarding the 5x7 requirement. Is this available in Polk Momo? Iv heard this and its pretty good, the DB series was not impressive. I think I saw Gunbir post somewhere that Hertz offers 5x7 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
driving around the city, i can definitely feel a little turbo lag, just like the fiesta, especially in the second gear (same as swift ddis?). but its very easy to drive. once it hits the 1800/2000 RPM, the burst in power is superb ! the engine and specs are exactly same as the fiesta, so if you've driven a fiesta diesel, you know what to expect. my other car is a scorpio, and although the fusion is nowhere close to the sheer brute power of the scorp, shes delightful to drive around !
I love the Fiesta, even though it might not be superduper fast its built solid and handles nice too, that much powers good enough for me Turbolag can be taken care of I guess once you have clocked 10k look into Pete's Filters or Remap even

Quote:
latest update on mileage: last fill, i got 225 kms on 13.7 liters of turbojet (500 bucks). that translates to 16.42 kms to the litre with 90% A/C in bangalore. i'm mighty pleased waiting to see what she returns on the highway...!!
Arre wah! This not even before the first service, only a sign of good things to come.

Last night saw a white fusion passing my office, looked nice. Malik was mentioning your after rims too its going to be a stunner :-)
Old 5th November 2007, 13:05   #32
BHPian

Great Car that I am half inclined to buy,

However one question if I may ask. Since you live in Bangalore.

If you take a climb similar to the Parking Entrance at The Forum Mall
Koramangala, With 4 people sitting in the FF can it pull on the 2nd gear ?

I understand that with 2000+ RPM the turbo kicks in, but Just wanted
to clarify the above.

-Fm
Old 5th November 2007, 15:09   #33
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Great Car that I am half inclined to buy,

However one question if I may ask. Since you live in Bangalore.

If you take a climb similar to the Parking Entrance at The Forum Mall
Koramangala, With 4 people sitting in the FF can it pull on the 2nd gear ?

I understand that with 2000+ RPM the turbo kicks in, but Just wanted
to clarify the above.

-Fm
depends...if its stationary, i wouldn't attempt that. but if it is already rolling, it shouldn't have any issues. same as any other similar spec diesel. besides, i wouldnt attempt to climb that ramp on second even in my scorpio.

in any case, you can probably see one fully loaded fiesta (5 passengers + few kids) going into the mall every 2 mins in the weekends! fusion has the same engine...
Old 5th November 2007, 15:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

yeah,, fursion has got the same engine,,,
FF has got additional 40KG ontop of what Fiesta has got,, NIP, just another quetion!! do you feel that 1.4 engine is anyway under powered for this MPV?? for a minSUV kind of vehicle, I guess we really need a bigger engine,,
Old 5th November 2007, 15:42   #35
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
yeah,, fursion has got the same engine,,,
FF has got additional 40KG ontop of what Fiesta has got,, NIP, just another quetion!! do you feel that 1.4 engine is anyway under powered for this MPV?? for a minSUV kind of vehicle, I guess we really need a bigger engine,,
the 1.4 is a gem of an engine and is more than enough for my use. hell, i'm not planning to race with all the nutcase boyracers in bangalore ! and whats 40kgs bro...my MIL is probably 40kgs heavier than yours ! lol same difference ! and besides, not every vehicle is made to everyones tastes...one mans food is another mans poison.

i think people dont get the ford fusion concept at all. this is NOT an SUV and will never be. like someone said somewhere, its nothing but a ford fiesta on stilts. you have the advantage of decent ground clearance, spacious interiors, big wheels etc. i would never attempt to take this vehicle mudbashing. although the clearance helps it get away from the tarmac to a certain extent, its never going to be an all-out SUV. its a big hatchback and thats what it'll be. and yeah...its for people who think a lil different and wanna be a lil exclusive ! ...and did i mention the mileage ?!
Old 30th November 2007, 17:05   #36
BHPian

Hi Bangalore Fusion owners,

Am going in for a Fusion TDCi, will finalize this weekend.
Most probably will be going with Cauvery Ford Bangalore
Wanted to know if you got any freebies when you purchased it, Or if any free accessories were given when specifically asked for?

If there is anything else that I need to be aware of or ask specifically during booking , please do specify them.

Thanks
FM
Old 1st December 2007, 15:55   #37
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i only got mud flaps and interior rubber mats as freebies. what is the waiting time they are giving you ?!
Old 2nd December 2007, 18:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

By the way, saw a X trail, just after a little while saw the Fusion. the fusion as SUV funda is not THAT far off actually. It's kinda helped me see the fusion in a new light!
Old 3rd December 2007, 16:59   #39
BHPian

For white , Red etc.. no waiting time. If you want non standard colors like Mystic Wine then waiting time is 1 week.
Old 3rd December 2007, 17:04   #40
BHPian

However I was not totally convinced after the test drive. I took the TDCi model it was quite bumpy on kanakapura road, the sales guy said that was because the tyres where over-inflated.
Drove a Fiesta diesel immediately after that, and to tell you the truth there was a major difference in the comfort and handling :(, i.e. Fiesta was way more better. Maybe Fusion owners might not agree but this is my personal opinion.
Another point is that the Fusion vehicle that they use for test drives has already done 11,0000 km. So not sure if it was the vehicle that had some defect.
Old 4th December 2007, 10:44   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Another point is that the Fusion vehicle that they use for test drives has already done 11,0000 km. So not sure if it was the vehicle that had some defect.
Since it's Cauvery Ford that you approached, their TD Fiesta has completed over 30,000kms, the last time i checked.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:28   #42
NIP
Senior - BHPian

the new diesel variant is supposed to have a softer suspension setup against the older one. but i have driven my friends older 2006 pertol model quite a few times, and the suspension does not feel all that different. anyway...the ride is not bad as some people make it out to be. definitely not as soft as the fiesta, but nothing to complain about really.
Old 4th December 2007, 15:20   #43
BHPian

Hey NIP,

Congratulations man, Fusion is a good car and i very much love this one. Happy driving :-)

@Fillmore: When i approached Cauvery Ford in November for FF petrol version, they offered me 17K corporate discount. But absolutely no freebies.

I agree with Bensb29 on the TD vechile condition with this guys. I bought a Ford Ikon from Cauvery Ford. When i saw their TD vehicle, i was little apprehensive about going for Ikon. When i took delivery of my Ikon on December 1st, i was quite impressed by the vehicle handling and even interior's quality, which is needless to say that way above the TD car's handling and quality of interiors. I suggest you drive something other than the TD car, may be a friend or colleague's car and you might be pleasantly surprised.

-Vaspro
Old 4th December 2007, 19:23   #44
BHPian

Congrats Friend
This White beast of yours is simply yummy to see, I assume the pleasure you must be deriving from the heads turned to see the Powerful Shruken SUV.....
Great Choice, I would ve bought it if it were not so closely priced to the Verna and the Fiesta (Not to forget Safari and Scorpio)

OT Btw I ve got a feeling that LOGAN is actually eating into the share of all the Diesel Variants with its shocking pricing and Ready availability... I see a lot of them nowadays
Old 5th December 2007, 09:04   #45
NIP
Senior - BHPian

thanks vaspro and rohit i actually did test drive the verna before the fusion, but the antiquated interiors were a put off. the excellent interiors and 'exclusivity' of the fusion was something that made me decide on this vehicle.

well...about coming close to the fiesta and verna...the fiesta diesel is almost a lakh more than the fusion diesel. and the fusion cabin is way more roomier and fresh, with the same boot space as well. about scorpio and safari...i already have a scorpio. this vehicle will be also be driven by everyone at home...wife, dad & mom...so the size was just right. and about logan...well i've TD'd that car as well. frankly, it feels like basic 'transportation' and nothing else. you don't feel exited/enthusiastic about driving it.

besides all that, the car has just finished its first service and has done 1300kms. it continues to give me 17kms with 90% AC in Bangalore city driving. Yet to take it on the highway.

Last edited by NIP : 5th December 2007 at 09:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks