Team-BHP - The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/30922-first-grand-vitara-team-bhp-2.html)

Congratulations on the new toy. Great writeup, great pictures. Simply awesome.

congratulations on your new ride mate.. gr8 pics especially the last one its awesome...

Congrats Samurai!! nice choice of color. You know what, when I bought a car i was actually searching for a midnight blue color OHC but I couldn't find one and then settled for a white one. But now Im proud to own a white car. Though it has to be cleaned and water washed daily, the feeling that you get when those heads turn on seeing your sparkling beauty is great!! I hope you would really enjoy photographing your car in different lighting conditions..I'll be eagerly waiting to see those uploaded to your Garage. Enjoy every bit of your ride and keep us updated about your experience.

Nice review, Samurai. Vehicle looks really good. All the features of 4wd yet sedan-like quality.

Some questions

- Are the tires offroad type or do they require change?
- Do you have to engage 4h by rotating the dial or just leave it there even for routine rides? Does the 4WD system know when to turn it on/off?

Good you took it out on rough roads, normally we would think twice about taking a 13L+ car on rough roads, even if it can do it.

Congratulations on your purchase Samurai San !! Nice pictorial views of your car on various roads...
Sedan or SUV, Samurai remains in SUZUKI stable...

Abhi

Thanks, guys! I almost spent 4 hours to write this report, it is still incomplete, I'll add more later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 616820)
Loved the last pic - btw, where's the slush that the AR couldnt cross - looks likea well worn mud road in the pics!

If you missed it, here it is again: http://samurai.smugmug.com/photos/217207200-O.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karandeep81 (Post 616857)
awesome vehicle and i must say nice photography . congrats samurai .. i know its too early to ask, but did u notice 'enough' engine noise as stated by all the TV car shows and written car reviews ?

Nope, it is so quiet, can't believe it is a SUV. The engine noise happens only when I push beyond 4000rpm. Since I am running in, I am not in a hurry to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin_bhp (Post 616874)
But now Im proud to own a white car. Though it has to be cleaned and water washed daily, the feeling that you get when those heads turn on seeing your sparkling beauty is great!! I hope you would really enjoy photographing your car in different lighting conditions..

Keeping it clean is going to be a pain, my driver will have his hands full. I too was surprised to get many good images in a day. The Baleno garage took over a year to reach there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traxter (Post 616877)
- Are the tires off-road type or do they require change?

No, the tyres it comes with are Highway all-season, it can do light off-roading, nothing major. I want to switch to all-terrain tyres, but there is no exchange option since GV comes with a rare tyre size of 225/70R16. So decided to try this tyre for a while and later I'll switch to a good AT tyre.

Quote:

- Do you have to engage 4h by rotating the dial or just leave it there even for routine rides? Does the 4WD system know when to turn it on/off?

The 4H is for normal rides, there is no way to switch to 2WD. When things gets slippery I can switch to 4H lock, and then for extreme conditions I can further switch to 4L lock.

Quote:

Good you took it out on rough roads, normally we would think twice about taking a 13L+ car on rough roads, even if it can do it.

Wish it was 13L+ :D. But yeah, I decided to drive it like it should be driven, and not treat it like a pretty princess. In other countries, this is bought and used as small rough-n-tough 4x4 SUV, I am not going to let the price tag confuse me.

There were some scary moments though. While reversing out of steep slopes, we could smell something burning, like a burnt rubber or so, it happened twice. And once it happened for 30 seconds while driving on straight highway. It simply made no sense. After some search in the net, we found an explanation: Automotive Blogger » Auto Review (search for smell). I'll inform the dealership never the less.

Congrats, Samurai! She looks great in White!

And that was a really nice write-up and the photos were really great. I loved the "end of a nice day" snap!

Congratulations Samu. A fitting Diwali gift :). Loved the report. Dont we all get excited when a new automobile comes home. Great choice of colour too. Waiting to read more .

congrats Samurai!

WHat a write up

the GV in white looks really elegant and royal. have fun!!

Samurai, Congratulations. Took me a little by surprise since I was expecting & waiting for the Safari. The last few weeks of travelling have caused me to miss your GV TD report. Btw, some of the post-pooja photos look quite similar to each other.

Awesome write up Samurai San!!

Had a gr8 time reading it and lovely pictures too. The last one is breathtaking! get it framed or better send it to suzuki..they just might use it for an advert!!stupid: . Had been following your SUV buying plan for more than a month now!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my doubts about the GV, but truly seems a good, logical decision. Enjoy your car sir!

Elito

Congrats ! Your car looks ammazing in white specially with the tints.
Great report and even better pics !

All I can say is - Sweet. Nice car. And nice pix to boot. Enjoy.

I am sure that a one day (temple-puja) alone would have made you think that GV is worth every single paisa you had spent on it :)
I am yet to see the photos though (at office it is blocked).
From past experience, I am sure they must be stunning.

Congratulations Samurai.