Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 11:08   #46
BHPian

RufRoc, Happy to see another convert, I will soon be taking a plunge with my verna CRDI. couple of questions, did you procure all this from Hot tracks in residency road. Where did you get this installed.
Nice pics of the CAI and the tuning box, and also the emblem hanging on the rear view, that makes it the second thing we have in common. The next time i see a red swift gunning down bangalore roads, i will know its you.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:08   #47
BHPian

@lediablo: It's actually a White Swift ... check the earlier pics

And yup, I picked it up from Hot Tracks and also got it installed over there. Btw, how much is the Verna's Tuning Box? I can't imagine adding to the existing 110 horses you have, you'll be a blur when you pass
Old 20th June 2008, 12:06   #48
BHPian

The verna box cost 31.5K in bangalore. The BHP increases to a minimum of 130. The CAI might increase it further fractionally. I will have to seriously consider upgrading the suspension and the rubbers. It run on stock rubbers now.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:03   #49
BHPian

130 horses ... yummy!

Whats the stock size of the Verna anyway?
Old 20th June 2008, 20:12   #50
BHPian

175/70/R14. Utterly malnurished.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:21   #51
BHPian

5th Paid Service @ 31000 km

Well, finally found time to send the 'Bee' for a much needed bath and a few tops up's ... decided to give Green Cars, Koramangala a try this time after sticking to Bimal through the last 4 services.

This service was quite hurriedly done and it's only after I got the vehicle back (picked it up today) that I remembered points I'd missed. Forgot to ask him about gear oil, brake oil, coolant top up's and then diesel filter change etc

Anyway, here's the break-up, Total Bill came up to Rs. 3489 but I feel I did miss out on a few essentials. My mistake, I was just too occupied this week.

Engine Oil (Mobil 15W40) - 510
Front caliper Slide (Grease Satchet) - 23
Wheel Alignment & Balancing (Including Weights) - 700 (Regret doing it at MASS, used to get it done for Rs 450 outisde)
Paid Service - 625
Wheel Brake removed and cleaned - 370
Body Rubbing and Polishing - 800

I'd specifically told him to check the brakes (had a feeling they were really losing bite fast), replace blown high beam on my headlight bulbs (not sure how that happened), Interior Cabin Light had also stopped working (some loose connection). Was planning to get the Wheels Aligned & Balanced outside but decided to do it here because I didn't have enough time to get it done before the weekend and I was planning to hit Chennai and then Goa over the weekend and the next.

Overall, there ain't any problems to talk about except for the rattles which by now is so much part of my ride. Probably the day someone at a MASS actually 'completely' eliminates them ... I guess I would terribly miss those rattles which faithfull keep you company come what may (and for no extra cost thanks to Maruti's generosity)

Removed the Pete's Box before giving it for service coz didn't want to go through the hassle of convincing anyone. Miss it already and can't wait to get him back to where he belongs - under the hood.

About Green Cars, well ... the service part was fantastic, nice service advisor and pretty straighforward. Only negative was the inside cleaning job that was done. Agreed it was as dirty as can be but then I could literally see dirt streaks even in obvious places like near the hand brake, back seats etc ... If I had the time would have driven back and inisisted on a better job.

Well, this has turned out into a real boring service report, so till the next time there's an update coming up and I have a feeling it's going to be soon ... hmm Pete's all the way to Goa and yup my wife too he! he! - well, life doesn't get any better
Old 6th August 2008, 18:43   #52
BHPian

Hi, How is the feel after you have installed Pete's in your car. couple of weeks back i tried installing the pete's box in my vdi and i did not find much of the difference in the performance of my car. ofcourse i did not take the car more than 60km/hr as in busy blore roads even that speed was quite tough to reach. but from the reviews from many other threads, i had the feel that car would have significant difference in low gears itself. somehow i did not find the difference.

it wud be good to hear from you about the feel you get before and after the pete's installation. i have also heard about the Dragon Tuning box available for swift D. heard that its much cheaper compared to Pete's. though not sure about the performance of it.
Old 7th August 2008, 18:04   #53
BHPian

@ebmrajesh: Not sure about the Dragon Tuning Box, tried to open it's site but looks like there's a problem with it. Btw, you can also check out Bhagwan's thread here on the work done on his Swift, he had some Chip installed (forgot the name)

About the Pete's box, well ... it also depends on expectations out of it. It's so easy to read reviews here and then expect a spine twisting surge when you press that pedal but on a serious note, what impresses me most is the low and mid rev's which now pulls so smooth and that's where you really notice that difference. It's not about the top whack, it's the in gear driveability that makes it so much fun.

And if you ask me, I certainly do feel the difference. What i'd suggest is get it installed on a trial and then give it all you've got, till it scares you and then you'll realise that the stock ride wouldn't have given you that excitement.

Well, all this might sound like crazy talk but dude, it really impresses. And since you're out here in Bangalore, anytime you want to demo, just let me know, we'll work something out. One more point is that I also have a CAI, not sure if this is the bridge that gives the Box the extra edge.

My suggestion, give it another shot and keep your mind open to the experience.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:16   #54
BHPian

6th Paid Service at 38.5 K

The Bumble Bee's back from it's 6th service @ 38.5 K. Just the regular service but didn't manage to get my only problem solved ... seem to have lost that turbo whoosh in the past 1000 km's.

Anyway, here are the details. Total Bill came upto 3983 Rs.

The breakup:

Element Oil Filter - 334
Fr Caliper Sliding (Grease) - 23
Engine Oil 20W40 - 731 (Have already asked on Jaggu's thread, if this grade is fine, just noticed it today in the bill)
Gear Oil - 522
Coolant - 209
Consumables - 104
Wheel Nut - 10
Washer Fluid - 12

Paid Service - 625
Wheel brake removed and cleaned - 270
Interior Cleaning - 700

No major complains this far, I just wish I get my Turbo back. Removed the Pete's before giving it for service. I think I'll now wait before putting it back, I've got to get to the bottom of the mystery of the 'lost whoosh'
Btw, Green Cars said that my clutch has almost gone kaput and isn't able to take the load but got a second opinion on that and I don't think that's the problem ... phew ... that was quite a scare.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:13   #55
BHPian

2 years and 50000 km's later

Well, haven't been updating this thread the last year coz firstly there just wasn't anything interesting to write about and secondly Jaggu's thread has become so much of a one-stop thread for all Swift related queries, I just have to search there and I'd see my questions already answered. Jaggu, I've got to say ... you're like Maruti's biggest unofficial Service Advisor

Anyway, left the Bumble Bee for its 50K service. Switched back to Bimal from Green Cars (just a matter of convenience, on that day) and this time didn't bother removing the Pete's, just gave them specific instructions to be careful while washing the engine bay and told them not to direct pressure at the connectors. There were no specific problems whatsoever and here's the breakup.

1) Front Fender Lining clip: 14.58
2) 12V 21/5 Bulb (Fog lights): 97.78
3) Oil Filter: 334.22
4) Mudflap Set: 234.95 (needed only 2 but they only sell set of 4)
5) Consumables: 88.89
6) Engine Oil (Mobil): 733.33

Paid Service: 760
Front Brake Caliper ASY: 125
Rear Brake Drum noth side R&R: 225

Total Bil: 2916 Rs

Also, realized that it was time to change my Potenza GIII's, they had come on at 6000 km and at 50100 km they were beginning to resemble slicks. Didn't want to push it any more, 44 K km was way more life than I'd expected of it, probably the strict 5 K rotation/balancing/alignment factor helped.

Got the cheapest quote for the GIII's at Shiva's (Anil) @ 3150 per tyre. Almost went for it but then decided to give Michelin's Energy XM1's a shot. Was quoted 3700 at Sai Iyengar (Indiranagar), 3550 at Tyre Empire (Whitefield) and finally got them at Super Tyre Tec (Prakash's place on JC Road) @ 3440.

And this is the best part of yest evening, when my old tyres came off, two gentlemen came up to me asking if I'd let them go for 400 bucks (for 4), told them he could take 2 coz I wanted to keep the 2 which had a lil thread left on them. Out of curiousity asked him why he would need these tyres and he said they'd go on a bullock cart ... man, I felt happy my GIII's were getting a second life having to chill after serving hard time (or have I just sold them into slavery after a life of bliss)

Also, changed my wiper blades to Bosch's since the rubber on the old ones had really hardened and I felt it was time to replace it.

So there goes my latest update. Hoping to put in some quick miles to get to know the Plump Tyre Man better.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:49   #56
BHPian

Finally mine!

Well, here's some happenings over the last few weeks.

Foreclosed my loan and today collected my RC book after getting that silly lil hypothecation thing removed. The Bumble Bee's all mine now ... muhahaha , no more sharing it with my silly bank.

Thanks to this blog (thanks Mridul) Mridul's Blogzone: Own your ride , managed to do it by myself.

Went there as early as possible on a Sat morning, after reading horror stories on the waiting time at the infamous RTO office. Was there at 9:00 AM when I assumed it would open but then realised it didn't matter since 10:00 AM is when the RTO assumes they open and you know who wins he! he! Well, straight to Room 8 (Indiranagar RTO), pay 100 bucks collect the recepit, go to another counter to get it verified and then submit everything at another counter where I get an acknowledgement slip to collect it in a week's time. 20 minutes work.

Btw, the documents required were

1) Original RC Book
2) Form 35 (in duplicate)
3) No Objection certificate from the Bank (ensure its validity)
4) Copy of Pollution certificate
5) Copy of Insurance certificate

Total expenditure: 100 Rs for the challan and 20 Rs for parking (on two different days)

Couldn't collect it on the intended day, so went there today morning. Based on my earlier experience with the RTO, this time I assumed they'd open at 10 AM and boy am I right, they slowly get their limbs warmed, toss a few files about, shout at the assistant to get them a stapler, try to look important and then finally yup, its my turn. I hurriedly give him my acknowledgement slip (11 AM was when I'd told my manager I'd be in office) only to be told that I've got to wait for another guy to search for my file. I guess it depends on your registration numbers, a few people with EK's got lucky whereas the MH's were stuck coz that particular official assumed his office opens only at 11 AM on Mondays (Assumptions, I say). Well, so wait there for around 45 minutes ... watch a few guys lose their cool, watch a few pretty girls walk by for their driving license test, watch some money being exchanged underhand and its finally time. He magically pulls out my file from a big heap and 5 minutes later I share the good news with the Bumble Bee (surprised it didn't seem as excited as I was, just calmly drove away).

So 53000 km later, we've finally ditched the bank and its just going to be the both of us from now on, oh and yup my wife too
Old 7th September 2009, 17:55   #57
Team-BHP Support

Very nice, that was an excellent read.

Congrats
Old 8th September 2009, 11:10   #58
BHPian

Hey thanks Eddy ...
Old 22nd November 2010, 02:23   #59
Max
BHPian

RufRoc i like your writing style.
Old 6th January 2011, 13:32   #60
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel (LDi) Ownership review: 2 years and 53000 km later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
RufRoc i like your writing style.
Thanks Max. This reminds me to update this thread, its past 3.5 years and closing in on 80000 km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks