Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 22:00   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They are rusted i wonder how many time would one find wheels in this condition. Is this condition serious? What should i do now? Is this rusted condition normal? if not then what should be done to avoid this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
even the ones on my car are like that which was worrying. the stile 1.6 red i saw at concorde was the same as well.. if you get any info on this please do share here as well
also to ppl asking about mileage figures it depends on how you drive as well, i get 11 in city and 11 on highway as well
That is just surface rust. It is not serious.

For consolation, see this brand new Honda City just out of the showroom:

Old 28th November 2007, 22:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
That is just surface rust. It is not serious.

For consolation, see this brand new Honda City just out of the showroom:

Thanks for the info buddy. But still it can be fixed right? What should be done in order to avoid this? Any kind of coating?
Old 28th November 2007, 22:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

thanks moral.. well it hasnt gotten any worse over the months so was ignoring it hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

wow those are tiny discs though.. any similar shot of the palios discs ?
Old 28th November 2007, 23:41   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Thanks for the info buddy. But still it can be fixed right? What should be done in order to avoid this? Any kind of coating?
Why fix it when it is not broken? You can just use normal paint but if I were you, I would just use a mild sand paper and sand out the rust. It is just on the surface for sure.

Quote:
thanks moral.. well it hasnt gotten any worse over the months so was ignoring it hehe
It won't get worse don't worry.

Quote:
wow those are tiny discs though.. any similar shot of the palios discs ?
Ask and thou shall get:

Pics taken after driving through heavy rains.
Old 29th November 2007, 00:25   #50
BHPian

Turn to page 112

A far as the running in is concerned please turn to page 112 of your owners manual. Its this page in my GTX manual so probably its on another page in the new stile manual. Under the topic oil consumption the running in is clearly mentioned to be a minimum of 5000km though the rpm to be maintained is not mentioned but a safe guess is 1/2 to 3/4 the rpm of peak torque which would be about 2250 to 2500rpm.

In my GTX the running in was achieved after 9800km. I confess that after 5000km I did give it the stick and revved it to about 5000rpm. After about 5000km kilometer reading the engine was barely audible and no vibration filtering through the gear and steering shafts at traffic stops requiring me to look at the rpm needle and fuel injector and oil pressure red lights to confirm the engine was running.
For the first time this week after 4 and 1/2 years I drove at 120kmph in 3rd gear and a swift glance at the rpm needle saw it hovering at about 6500rpm or thereabouts.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 29th November 2007, 09:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
In my GTX the running in was achieved after 9800km. I

How can we really know this??!!
Old 29th November 2007, 13:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
In my GTX the running in was achieved after 9800km.
I was about to ask the same.

How can we determin if car is still in "Running in" period.
Old 1st December 2007, 08:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Guys,

How do you end up with the 10-11 FE figures for the 1.6 ???

I have empty roads and am getting anywhere between 6-7 w/o AC !

What could be wrong ? - I need to reach 9-10 w/ac
According to my observation in city driving try to keep revs between 1000 to 1500 no matter in which gear you are driving that should help achive better mileage figures.
Old 1st December 2007, 13:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

lol guyonblackybx its not that bad. i usually drive in the 3-5k rpm range and still get around 10 in city. its mostly when i get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic that fe takes a slight hit. with free flowing traffic it goes to 10.5 and the rare 11 even

i usually tank up once a week so keep track of fe regularly
Old 1st December 2007, 14:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
lol guyonblackybx its not that bad. i usually drive in the 3-5k rpm range and still get around 10 in city. its mostly when i get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic that fe takes a slight hit. with free flowing traffic it goes to 10.5 and the rare 11 even

i usually tank up once a week so keep track of fe regularly
Agree with you Bottle regarding the FE in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 1st December 2007, 14:50   #56
BHPian

Got my Baby registered to day. Had good time over there. There was no person who knew the model name. Couple of them asked me it was imported :P LOL I understand they dun know a lot, neither the inspector was familiar with the car. He had a god look at car. He didn't know where the chasis number was imprinted. I just wanted to see how many of them would know. after 5 mins there were around 3 inspectors checking for the chasis number. After couple of mins I intrupeted and showed them the imprint. They were like ohhh is it. One thing for sure this beast attracts lot of attention. I find many turning heads.
Old 2nd December 2007, 01:28   #57
BHPian

Hey guyonblackybx, even I booked my car(1.6) at the same show room where you have got it, I am getting Magnesium Grey color. But as far as the Red and Black colors are concerned, there is no problem in delivering. But for Magnesium grey, I have to wait till Dec 10th. I will update you once I get my car also I will meet you personally to discuss further and for tips and tricks from you. See you soon.

Prakash.
Old 2nd December 2007, 07:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Hey guyonblackybx, even I booked my car(1.6) at the same show room where you have got it, I am getting Magnesium Grey color. But as far as the Red and Black colors are concerned, there is no problem in delivering. But for Magnesium grey, I have to wait till Dec 10th. I will update you once I get my car also I will meet you personally to discuss further and for tips and tricks from you. See you soon.

Prakash.
Congrats on that New color buddy. I did ask them for the Magnesium Grey they were not so confident bout that. Yeah it would take time, according to them even a black one needs a weeks time. What kind deal are you getting make sure you ask them for free accessories apart from Cash Discount. Check the car for scratches and dents specialy at edges.
Old 2nd December 2007, 23:05   #59
BANNED

How significant is the difference in FE, between the 1.1 and 1.6?
Old 2nd December 2007, 23:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

depends on your driving style. if you keep revs under 3k with the occasional burst to 4-4.5k revs you ll get good mileage. its mainly stop go situations that eat fuel.

the 1.1 fares a lot better though. official figures from tata are 8-9 in city and 11 on highway for 1.6 and 11 in city and 14 in highway for 1.1 but lots of people here have gotten more

Last edited by bottle : 2nd December 2007 at 23:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks