Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 13:43   #31
BHPian

Just now got a call from Vijay, asking for the last service feedback.
I'd complained about the cleaning job, they told me a sorry and asked me to take it to the service center for a car wash and cleaning. If time permits tomorrow i will go there.
Old 11th January 2009, 11:08   #32
BHPian

15000 km service update

Today morning I have given my aveo for 15K service at Vijay.
I have reported the following issues.
1. Some tree leafs are inside bonnet water outlet
2. Some mud / leafs are at front doors bottom corner
3. Smell from AC blower only in the beginning
4. Some interior fabric cleaning
5 Rattling sound from backside, looks it's from boot(may be spare tyre knob is not tight)
6. Then other regular checkups.

Service adviser asked me to do some "break cleaning" is it required? He is quoting around 300 Rs for this "break Cleaning".

This is my first paid service. Guy's any idea how much is coming to regular paid service other than engine oil and oil filter expense?
They gave me a rough estimate of Rs 1500.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Kavu seems like all aveo owners like me are on "Cashless ownership" scheme here. maybe thats why no response as yet. Sorry!!
Old 10th April 2009, 19:54   #34
BHPian

Got a rim bend

Got a rim bend during my last Kerala trip. I have to take my car out of the road to avoid one overtaking tempo van. Rear left wheel rim got bend and air has gone, First time I have used my spare tyre.
Spoke with one of my friend at Bridgestone and he asked me to straight the rim bend and fill the air. I did the same at Palghat and tyre looks fine.
After reaching Bangalore, next day morning I felt there was some air lose at front left tyre.
Took my car to Madhu's near to Richmond road and checked front left tyre. There was a small rim bend even in left front wheel. Thank god, it was very small. Again straightened the rim and filled air. Moved the repaired rim to rear and good one to front. Did the wheel balancing and alignment also.

Is there anything more i need to check?

By the way i have covered some 2K km during this trip and my odo is reading 19K now. My car is running good as earlier.
Old 21st April 2009, 10:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Bent removed, wheel balancing and alignment done. So, I think nothing more to worry. Keep monitoring the wheels for a while.
Old 19th June 2009, 22:40   #36
BHPian

20K service updates

All my previous services were done at Vijay, this time i thought of trying with Sundaram. Tuesday i called them and fixed an appointment on Thursday.
Went there around 9.10 am, within 5 minutes SE came to attend my car. Not much major issues.
Things I have reported
1. Check for any under body damage and rim (got a rim bend and repaired during my last Kerala trip)
2. Asked him to check suspension, i got a feeling like some sound is coming from suspension.
3. Some interior fabric cleaning, some black spots at rear seat.

And service guy told me "they will do a break pad cleaning and check-up, and will replace break pad if its necessary". The price he told me around Rs 2000+ for break pad. I told him to confirm with me before doing any replacement.

Around 5pm went there, my car was ready and the updates are

No under body damage / no issues with rim
Tighten some suspension component
Break pad is fine
Didn't clean the fabric, more over a new hand mark on the driver seat. That's very much visible. Asked them to clean it, they tried with fabric cleaner, but it's not gone. Anyway i have to do a complete interior cleaning latter. Did a test drive inside the compound, looks fine.
As part of the service and its expense

Paid service 600
Fuel filter 186
Spark Plug 240 (60 * 4)
Screen wash 32
Break pad cleaning 450
and some tax , total bill came around 1673.

Overall good experience, again minus part is the cleaning job.

mods - please update title to "Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 - 20K km service update"

Last edited by kavu75 : 19th June 2009 at 22:46. Reason: title update request
Old 16th November 2009, 14:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

it seems you are satisfied with the Aveo 1.4, good, how is the mileage part and leg room space, the left touches the deck..
Old 16th November 2009, 16:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
it seems you are satisfied with the Aveo 1.4, good, how is the mileage part and leg room space, the left touches the deck..
Looks like you have bumped most of aveo threads.
I think mjothi has updated about your queries.

Mileage part, i am getting 10-11 on city (worst traffic), highways i am getting around 14 with AC on most of the times.
Leg room - i am only 5'7", its not a problem for me. You better try yourself sitting inside.
Overall i am happy with the vehicle, finished 24.5K km from last 2 years.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

yup . i do have bumped every where.. it is because i was very much satisfied to go for a fiesta SXi premium, but yesterday the looks of red aveo was just stunning.
so got confused!!
Old 16th November 2009, 17:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
yup . i do have bumped every where.. it is because i was very much satisfied to go for a fiesta SXi premium, but yesterday the looks of red aveo was just stunning.
so got confused!!
Well I recently bought an Aveo 1.4 LT top end model.
I too did consider the Fiesta, but made my final decision based on the following.

- Ride comfort Aveo +
- Plush interiors Aveo +
- Comfortable seating position Aveo + ( I felt crouched in the Fiesta, especially when getting out)
- Build quality Aveo +
- Ground clearance Aveo +
- Music System Aveo + ( the sound quality of the integrated music system was very good in the Aveo )

The only factor was that Fiesta has a diesel option.
And I guess the pickup is a tad better on the Fiesta, but that was not a big factor for me.

Cheers
-Fillmore
Old 17th November 2009, 13:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Well I recently bought an Aveo 1.4 LT top end model.
I too did consider the Fiesta, but made my final decision based on the following.

- Ride comfort Aveo +
- Plush interiors Aveo +
- Comfortable seating position Aveo + ( I felt crouched in the Fiesta, especially when getting out)
- Build quality Aveo +
- Ground clearance Aveo +
- Music System Aveo + ( the sound quality of the integrated music system was very good in the Aveo )

The only factor was that Fiesta has a diesel option.
And I guess the pickup is a tad better on the Fiesta, but that was not a big factor for me.

Cheers
-Fillmore

thanks for throwing light on Aveo, i will be calling the salesman this sunday to show the model to my family, they have already seen the fiesta,
i think i will let them decide because i am utter confused between fiesta and aveo
Old 17th November 2009, 13:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for throwing light on Aveo, i will be calling the salesman this sunday to show the model to my family, they have already seen the fiesta,
i think i will let them decide because i am utter confused between fiesta and aveo
Check the maintenance cost of both too. it may help. I heard the ford have reduced the spare parts cost and not as expensive as it use to be. But a check and compare on these will help to decide.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:56   #43
BHPian

25K & 30K service updates

Missed couple of my service updates. Here it is.

25K update. I did 25K service at Korpex. (18-Dec-2009)

No specific issues reported other than some vibration sound coming when I press accelerator, that too only on first or second gear. It’s very difficult to reproduce. I drove almost 8km drive with SA to show him the problem.
Asked him to check wiper blade, he said its fine
Got a call from SA latter saying break pad needs to be changed, I told him to go ahead with that.
Latter in the evening I couldn’t go there to take the vehicle, asked them to drop at my office next day.
Next day i got the vehicle. They said, they couldn’t reproduce the vibration issue, so no work done on that. Overall cleaning job was good.

Expenses as follows
Engine oil - 693
Oil Filter - 79
Breakpad - 1509
Cap Wiper arm windshield - 22
Screen Wash - 32

Labour & Job work
Paid service - 600
Front break pad replacement - 200
All break cleaning - 350 (This should be 200, since they have changed front break pads)
Consumables - 100
Pickup & Drop - 150
Total bill came around Rs 4200 including all taxes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

30K update, at Korpex. (3-May-10)

Again no issues reported other than above vibration issue. But this time even i couldn’t reproduce on a short drive.
There was some confusion in the service manual i have and what Korpex has.

According to the Scheduled Maintenance service in the user manual I have, for a 30K km service i need to
1.Replace Air cleaner element (Element A-AIR Cleaner)
2.Replace Brake / Clutch fluid
But according to the schedule Korpex have, apart from the above job I need to
1.Change V Belt (according to Service Advisor this is mandatory).
2.Filter A-AIR (I can understand, this has to replace based on the usage, i asked him to go ahead with this).

Latter i checked VBelt issue with GM. They said based on some feedback they are recommending to change at 30K.
Again overall a good work done.

Expense
Break Oil - 188
Filter A AIR - 715
VBelt - 688
Element A-AIR Cleaner - 188

Labour & Job work
Paid service - 750(Lasttime this was 600)
All break cleaning - 200 (Adjust 150 from previous service)
Consumables - 150
Total bill came around Rs 3200 including all taxes.

Latter did the Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation at Madhus.

Now my car is due for 35k service. Warranty is going to expire by October end(3years) and i am planning to take extended warranty. I have checked the details of extended warranty with GM. They are charging 5700 for 1 year / 20000km. Need to figure what are all covered in that.
Anybody has taken extended warranty?
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi I also own an Aveo 1.4 My car has done almost 45k in two years and my response is as follows.

1. I am glad I took the 3yrs cashless ownership as I have not paid a single penny in any of the services. The last all inclusive service is at 45k and after that the cashless ownership finishes.

2. How did you manage to finish your break pads at 25k? My break pads are still doing well!! Is it because of traffic situation? Stop and go traffic of Bangalore maybe?

3. I was also told that I need to change the V-belt at 30k(which would not be included in cashless ownership) The service adviser was insisting that I do but I refused. Nevertheless they still did it and also charged me for it. But I refused to pay as I had already told them not to change. So in the end I got a new V-belt for free.

4. As for the vibration, I only noticed some coming from my car only after you have mentioned it. Will get it checked at 45K service.

5. My 3yrs/ 1,00,000 kms warranty luckily still has about 11 months to go, so Ill wait and watch if I need to get an extended one. Let us know what are your findings. During the last 45k kms following things have been changed for free (under warranty) in my car
  • Radiator- got a leak from the engine side.
  • front suspension struts
  • ac relay and thermostat
  • right side ORVM- internal assembly broke
6. No major issues as yet with my car and I hope it will keep serving me well as it is doing so far.

7. In another 3-4k kms I plan to change my tyres

8. Mileage is a consistent 12+ in city with ac 100% and 14+ on highways with ac 100%

9. Also a request. Since you have been paying for your services and I presume you would have done around 7 services by now, could you tell me the total amount you have spent on these services? I am asking this because I want to calculate if the total money spent on 7 services is more or less than the Rs 11k I paid upfront for the cashless ownership!!

Regards

Last edited by deky : 2nd October 2010 at 12:22.
Old 3rd October 2010, 21:50   #45
BHPian

deky,
Good to see the updates from you. 2 years and 45K km, that is a good run.
Here is the update for your queries.

1. Yeah, i missed the 3yrs cashless ownership, which is a good one to have. When i took the vehicle at 2007 October, this offer was not there.

2. My break pad usage, its bit early to replace. Yeah, may be the stop and go traffic in Bangalore and may be my driving style also a factor. My usual Bangalore ride is through some of worst traffic. My highway driving is also little aggressive.

3. I have changed VBelt at 30K.

4. Vibration is still there, but very difficult to reproduce.

5. Yet to get more details about extended warranty, will update you once i get more details.
Surprised to see this,
-Radiator- got a leak from the engine side.
-front suspension struts
-ac relay and thermostat
-right side ORVM- internal assembly broke
Good you got it replaced in warranty, otherwise this will make a big hole in the pocket. Is any known issues with Aveo, i remember somebody saying about thermostat and suspension struts. My warranty is going to expire this month end. Is there anything to take care before that?

7. I am planning to change my tyre at 40K

8. Mileage is 10-11 in Bangalore city 100% AC on, 13 - 14.5 on highways 100% AC on. (i am not at all a mileage conscious driver)

9. See the attached file. It's a complete history of my car. See the ServiceHistory sheet. In that, blue color figures are not regular service expense. Even from the regular service expense also, you may need to reduce the prices of break pad, VBelt and some other consumables. Looks like figures are almost same.
Please let me know if you need any other informations.

Happy driving.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Car Maintenance History.xls (94.5 KB, 386 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks