Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 11:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

The thermostat and the relay were a problem in some models of the aveo1.4. My service station told me that the company had sent them extra kits so that those cars with such issue's, they could be replaced under warranty.

Also there was some noise coming in the front suspension struts, that I had asked them to check. And they ended up changing them.

I guess if you dont have any of these problems you should not be getting concerned.

And thanks for the figures.
Old 5th October 2010, 21:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Even I hear some seat belt sound sometimes. I guess its normal and nothing can be done about it.
I got a partial solution for "clicking" sound from seat belt, I think which is there with most of the Aveo.
I used Dupont Teflon Multi-Use Dry Wax Lubricant. Just i sprayed little into seat belt hook and connection point. Anyway now i am not getting the frequent sound.
Since this is water repelling , wax based lubricant, this won't attract any dirt also.
Old 29th November 2010, 02:15   #48
BHPian

Hi Kavu - do you stay close to HSR layout, I need your help to understand the problem in my Aveo LS car, I recently bought it from my friend (TBhpian), its just 1500kms experience but still Kropex not able to resolve the issue, I have called GM and reported the issue and they said one of their technician will check the car when they visit the service center. I was surprised to see Kropex wheel alignment machine not working past 2 months, not sure how they are managing. List of problems:

1. Noise from front tyres/ rod while drving through little rough patch.
2. Steering control while driving on rough patch.

Just thought to seek your help to understand the exact issues as Kropex claiming absolutely no issues but I dont trust them because my car rear left wheel got jammed once and emergency service person come and did the greasing and other time noise from front disc.
Old 29th November 2010, 09:55   #49
BHPian

raka1o,
I stay near by Marthahally - Sarjapur outer ring road, near to Cisco.
Did you purchase the car from shiva, black Aveo?

And about your issues
1. Can you ask them to check Suspension struts and Wheel bearing?
2. Steering control, Is there some rattling or some metal sound is coming?

At Korpex, you can ask for SA Rakesh and ask him to check again. I think your vehicle is still in warranty and cashless offer, right?

Surprise to hear about wheel jammed issue, no idea about that. Some Gurus here can explain more.

Recently I did 35K service at Korpex and changed Suspension struts and wheel bearing. Suspension struts I got changed under warranty. Will update the detail report soon.
Old 30th November 2010, 03:35   #50
BHPian

Thanks Kavu for your response, yes I bought it from siva. They have replaced the suspension struts when noise was coming again and again after few days. Wheel bearing, I will ask them to check. There is no noise but I feel the pain when driving around 30kms including some rough patches. Kropex has put me to new person every time I visit and as you mentioned let me talk to Rakesh...he has not checked my car yet. Also, awaiting for GM technician to check it, they suppose to visit last week to showroom but plan got cancelled.
May be whenever you are free, will bring the car to you to seek your help to understand the issue.
Old 30th November 2010, 08:35   #51
BHPian

Mine is an 1.4 LT Aveo. Just completed the 3rd Service and clocked 16,500 km.

So far am satisfied with the vehicle no issues.

I did not opt for the initial 15k INR , Cashless service for 3yrs / 45k km

2nd Service bill came to only Rs 145/-

3rd Service bill came to Rs 2,551/- Net

Engine oil change
Washer change
Air filter change
All wheel brake cleaning
Misc ..
General Labor charges for 3rd service.

I wanted to switch to Synthetic oil, but I called in late and by the time I called the service engineer said they already completed the oil change for my car . So will do it after running another couple of thousand KM's.
Right now its regular mineral oil.

Service at Kropex. Overall they have improved slightly, but interior cleaning is still not upto the mark.

Questions for existing owners.
1. Is there any noticeable difference by anyone who switched from mineral to synthetic engine oil on an Aveo ?
2. Have any of you tried to blacken the windshield end of the dashboard ? the beige has too much reflection on the glass.

My highway mileage is 14.8KMPL, tested last month when I did a trip from Bangalore to Belgaum 570km averaging speeds of 100 - 120 kmph. Mileage in Bangalore City traffic not tested for a long time.
Last time I tested was before the 2nd service when it was averaging 10.5 in city with A/c on.

-Fillmore

Last edited by Fillmore : 30th November 2010 at 08:38.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:05   #52
BHPian

raka1o - We can meet sometime. Just ping me on any weekends. BTW, i am not at all an expert in this. Just managing with the help from people here. When you are going to meet GM technician?

Fillmore -
Yes, the beige has too much reflection on the glass. But some extend I am managing it by wearing a Polaroid glass.
My highway ride i am getting around 14kmpl and city ride 10-11kmpl.
Haven't tried synthetic oil.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
Kropex has put me to new person every time I visit and as you mentioned let me talk to Rakesh...he has not checked my car yet. Also, awaiting for GM technician to check it, they suppose to visit last week to showroom but plan got cancelled.
Try to take it to a different service center if that is possible. Without much explanation of the previous history, tell them the issue and see how they diagnose.

Not sure where you reside. But, Trident in the outer ring road or Sundaram Motors in Hoodi junction can be other options depending on where you stay or office is.

Btw, I think the wheel alignment stuff is not yet ready in this new premises. So, better idea would be to visit their karturba Road branch.

Keep us updated.
Old 2nd December 2010, 03:52   #54
BHPian

Thanks Kavu, will try to contact you in weekend. There is no update when GM technician going to come. Need to follow up

Thanks mjothi for your advise, I stay near HSR so let me try other service center
Old 5th March 2011, 00:26   #55
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 buying experience and 1200km updates

Kavu/Mjothi - sorry for late response, few issues resolved after GM person visited and checked my car. There is modified bush for Aveo cars which reduces the shocks noise. Got the bush fixed free of cost in Trident Service center. Thanks for your advise
Old 26th March 2011, 01:07   #56
BHPian

FYI - there are few new service centers going to be opened in koramangala and bommanahalli, not sure about the exact location. Got the information from Trident service center
Old 26th March 2011, 17:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
There is modified bush for Aveo cars which reduces the shocks noise. Got the bush fixed free of cost in Trident Service center.
Hope all your issues are resolved.

My Aveo is nearing 39K km now.
3 weeks back i have replaced the battery with Amaron FLO (AAM-FL-555107050). They are calling its DIN55.
Packed on 12/2010.
Warranty 24 + 24
I got this from Carnation, Bangalore.
MRP INR - 6700+
Carnation Price - 6242
I got it for 5930 (6242 - 5% for old battery).

Now looking out for changing tyres,Planning to change to Bridgestones Turanza ER300, which is the stock tyre. Any other suggestion?

Checked with few dealers near ORR, the least quote for Bridgestones Turanza ER300 is
Rs 4200 + Alignment & Balancing(may be i can bargain for this).
Old 27th March 2011, 02:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Hope all your issues are resolved.

My Aveo is nearing 39K km now.
3 weeks back i have replaced the battery with Amaron FLO (AAM-FL-555107050). They are calling its DIN55.
Packed on 12/2010.
Warranty 24 + 24
I got this from Carnation, Bangalore.
MRP INR - 6700+
Carnation Price - 6242
I got it for 5930 (6242 - 5% for old battery).

Now looking out for changing tyres,Planning to change to Bridgestones Turanza ER300, which is the stock tyre. Any other suggestion?

Checked with few dealers near ORR, the least quote for Bridgestones Turanza ER300 is
Rs 4200 + Alignment & Balancing(may be i can bargain for this).

My suggestion is that better to replace with stock tyres (which you have selected) , dont take any risk because majority of the problems which I am facing is because of the Yokohama tyres. there is authrozed bridgestone dealer in ORR, check the price in Tyre Empire located in Whitefield to compare.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:25   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Kavu/Mjothi - sorry for late response, few issues resolved after GM person visited and checked my car. There is modified bush for Aveo cars which reduces the shocks noise. Got the bush fixed free of cost in Trident Service center. Thanks for your advise
@raka1o Hope the bush has solved the issue for you ...Im also facing the noise on my front shocks and even after changing the struts the creeking noise remains... esp when driving through the humps...its really irritating.... Could you let me know the service person in trident and if possible description of the bush needed.
Old 13th April 2011, 06:44   #60
BHPian

At last, after some confusions, changed my Aveo's tyres yesterday.I was thinking to go with the same stock tyres. Tried with most of the tyre shops like Madhus, Tyre Empire, Bridgestone Select at ORR, Sai etc, but most of the places
Turanza was out of stock.
I got the positive response from Bridgestone Select near JC road (Vora Tyres), they showed me the different options. Finally, i have selected Bridgestones Turanza ER60 195x60R14 instead of stock Bridgestones Turanza ER300 185x60R14. Tyre make was January 2011 and paid Rs 5100 per tyre. Got Rs 500 for old tyres.
Initially i haven't planned for any up-size. The up-size was a quick decision and hope it will not go in a bad way.
Can someone update me what is the ideal pressure for this tyre. Bridgestone guys told me to keep 30-32 psi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks