Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 21:46   #16
BHPian

I have been looking at the AVEO and still yet to decide which one to go for the 1.4 Limited edition or 1.6 with option pack??, color would be black, there are lots of threads on the AVEO in the intial test drive and long term ownership experience, but one thing that i have noticed is everyone seem's to be worried about the saftey factor. lots of them have hinted that its not all that safe car...espically with the Glove Box when opened, is almost on your lap and by chance you hard break u tend to hit the steering wheel as there was a link in one of the posts where european saftey board has rated the AVEO 1.5 out of 5 stars in terms of saftey and there is a link to read the full review.

Look at these two sites: two different kind of results on Aveo safety rating. Now what do you make out of it?
Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Chevrolet Aveo
2005 Chevrolet Aveo Crash Tests | Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Crash Test Results & Safety Ratings at Automotive.com
Old 16th December 2007, 22:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

My recommendation with 1.5 years of experience with Aveo1.6 LT: You have better cars in this segment, if price is a factor go for Verna or Fiesta petrol, If you can stretch a bit, go for SX4, if you can still go further go for Honda City.

If you performance is not an issue, and if appeal is a priority then buy Aveo - But please remember, Aveo is in the last in this Q.

For guys from Coimbatore and around - never go for Aveo, the service is worse. I have gone to service for 7 times(including free service), repairs - 6 times, replacements of parts - 4 times (under warrenty),and still the issues persists!
Old 8th July 2008, 06:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hi.. wt is the mileage of aveo you getting and how many kms have you done.. any problems till now.. ?
I am getting a consistent average around 10 - 11 on 100% Bangalore city driving. I have covered around 7400 kms and I am enjoying my ride always.
The main problem i have faced, a water logging issue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post824384

and this is how it's solved, but still i need to have a test on this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post833929

Other than this I haven't faced any major issues.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi aks316,

You had really bumped up all the Aveo threads yesterday evening, hadn't you?! I was astonished at first to think that all the Aveo owners had posted updates at the same time :-)

I get 10.5km/lt (75% AC on, single occupant, light driving style) in stop-start BLR traffic with a daily each way commute of only 4.5km.

I have mentioned the commute distance because the mileage is definitely lower due to the engine not warming up (enough) every time.

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th July 2008 at 11:12. Reason: Typo
Old 13th July 2008, 09:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayalam View Post
I have been looking at the AVEO and still yet to decide which one to go for the 1.4 Limited edition or 1.6 with option pack??, ...
Definitely the 1.4 LE is the better value for money, the difference in horsepower between the 1.4 and 1.6 is minimal and the fuel efficiency on the 1.4 much better.

The Aveo does not have ABS or airbags - so that contributes to the lack of safety feeling, but the car is solid and well built and the brakes are very efficient.

The glove box is "under" the dashboard - but how is that a safety factor? I haven't found it inconvenient either. Have had no issues / complaints with the steering either, its probably just a case of finding the right position of the seat and steering wheel.
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:23   #21
BHPian

Aveo 1.4 10000 km updates.

Just 200 short of 10000 km. Planning to have 2nd service(10 K) on Saturday.
I am not getting into the regular pros and cons of Aveo which has been already discussed.

1. No rattles or any other sound from dash or doors. But from seat belt hook some "ki ki" sound is coming if seat belt is hooked up.
2. Suspension and driving comfort is as same. Really enjoying my drive on highways.
3. Now i am dealing with Vijay motors, my experience with them is somewhat good. But last month twice i got call from Sundaram, asking why I am not going there for service.
4. Mileage, I am getting around 10 to 11 in Bangalore city roads.

Total fuel consumed is 913 liters for 9730 km, 75% usage was in Bangalore city with AC always ON.

Expenses till date

21-Dec-07 Wiper Fluid - 70
08-Mar-08 Gen Service(5K), Body Polish - 2422
21-Mar-08 Carpet/interior cleaning and water log check - 1950
12-Apr-08 Car Wash - 280
13-Apr-08 3M Glass Cleaner/3M cloth/chamois leather - 500
14-May-08 Carpet/interior cleaning - 720
31-May-08 Body Cover from GM - 1250

Total Expense = 7192.
Total fuel charges = 47621

Per KM cost is around 5.6

The main problem i have faced, a water logging issue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post824384

and this is how it's solved, but still i need to have a test on this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post833929

Other than this I haven't faced any major issues.

Got a very bad scratch on front left side door from a cycle guy, need to repaint the door. But i am not doing that now. Some minor scratches are there at left and right bottom corner of front bumper.

Planning to report the following issues on 10K service

1. Some sound from seat belt hook
2. Wheel balancing, alignment and rotate tyre.
3. Bumper and front door paint touch up
4. Under body check

Will update after my service experience.

Last edited by kavu75 : 3rd September 2008 at 09:24.
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:40   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Kavu75,

Good to hear that your Aveo is holding up well. My 1.4 Base is too and have completed 6k in 1 year. Will post my 1 year service experience soon from Sundaram.

My queries:
1. Where did you get the body polish done and how was the end result?
2. I assume you needed 2 interior cleans because of the leaking issue? Where did you get it done and how was the end result?

Desperatly need to polish my black Aveo. It also bears some scars from 2 wheelers so may touch up as well. Was considering Suraksha (near MICO factory). Let me know how much Vijai Motors charges for small touch-ups.
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Just 200 short of 10000 km. Planning to have 2nd service(10 K) on Saturday.
Was it not 5K / 6 months for 2nd Service?

Nice to see those figures. So you do keep a log of all those. Great.
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Kavu75,
My queries:
1. Where did you get the body polish done and how was the end result?
2. I assume you needed 2 interior cleans because of the leaking issue? Where did you get it done and how was the end result?
1. I did the polish from Vijay itself.Because of some pipe leak in my basement parking area, some dirt were there on the bonnet and the person who cleaned my car used his nail / rubbed heavily resulting some minor scratches . That's why i did the polishing. Now i am only doing the cleaning.
After the polish some minor scratches were not visible, still some are visible. But polishing was not up to the mark.

2. Even interior also i did with Vijay. Interior cleaning they did a wonderful job.
I will update paint touch up details after Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Was it not 5K / 6 months for 2nd Service?
Sorry for confusing, i thought 1k / 1month is just an assurance checkup, 5k / 6 months is 1st service and 10k / 1 year is 2nd service.

Some doubts
How do we can avoid swirl mark?
Do we need to pay for tyre rotation or is this a part of service itself. But i think if we are doing alignment and balancing we have to pay for that.

Last edited by kavu75 : 3rd September 2008 at 13:43.
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:11   #25
BHPian

1 year completed in Aveo1.4 base

hi all,
recently on august 31st 2008 i completed my 1 year with AVEO 1.4 base.
i have doen 12500 kms till now.

Around august 5th i accidently went inside a pothole, dont know how it happened but the lower base got hit very badly. damages which were visible to my eyes were
1) power steering pipe went inside the fan belt. so power steering liquid start licking.
2) wiper plastic tank got cracked so all the water went down.
3) the pipe which come out of catalyic converter and joins the silencer pipe was smashed very badly.
Total estimated cost was 14K, i had that reliance insurance which they gave me freefor the first year, reliance people only approved 8k , rest 6k i had to shell out.
but Work was done to my staisfaction and as usual i am loving it. the best part of aveo is its so silient you yourself will never know whether its in start position or not.
I think by december i will give the car for 3rd servicing the final free servicing. i was thinking of taking my car for Delhi->Agra-->Rajasthan trip, i have 2 weeks of leave .
Guys suggest me , should i go for it?? i have heard that form mysore to mumbai the roads are nto that bad and from mumbai to delhi roads are good .
Old 15th September 2008, 09:12   #26
BHPian

10K service updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Planning to report the following issues on 10K service

1. Some sound from seat belt hook
2. Wheel balancing, alignment and rotate tyre.
3. Bumper and front door paint touch up
4. Under body check

Will update after my service experience.
Sorry for the late updates.
Did 10K service on September 6th. I had reported the above problems and the updates.
1. Some sound from seat belt hook, still there. They told me its there with all Aveo. But not irritating one. Checked with nirmalts's Aveo, he is also having the same issue.
2. Tyre rotation done, it's a 4 wheel rotation they did.
3. Did the paint touch up for front bumper and door, some what decent job
4. No under body damage.
5. Cleaned some portion of back seat fabric, decent job.
Other than this, they have changed "Element A-Air Cleaner".

But this time, their cleaning job was horrible, wind shield and window glasses were having lots of water mark and other dirt.I could not figure out water mark from there, night only i realized that. After washing also the water mark is not going completely. Looks like some hard water got dried up in the wind shield itself. Planning to go there on next Saturday.

Then to the expense part, its just Rs: 180 (Element A-Air Cleaner).
Old 24th September 2008, 17:45   #27
BHPian

I loved the expense part :-).

Even I hear some seat belt sound sometimes. I guess its normal and nothing can be done about it. Hey one question, how you managed to get the body touch up done? Didnt they charge for it?
Old 26th September 2008, 09:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hey one question, how you managed to get the body touch up done? Didnt they charge for it?
Metal was exposed on front passenger door, it was a big scratch. I think they did a brush touch up with same paint. Touch up was visible, but much better now. Same thing they did for bumpers.They haven't charged anything for this paint touch up job.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:19   #29
DKG
Senior - BHPian

My Fusion (company car) was changed to a Aveo LS Limited Edition on 9th September. As I had no clue what it comes with I was surprised to note the alloy wheels, a decent audio with mp3 player, art leather seats and a pleasing interior finish. The car rides well too. I kinda like the "mild burble" of the four under acceleration. The suspension is okay, feels slightly bouncy, but overall for the money its a good buy.

I always feel most modern cars from any make are reasonably good cars. After having used a Toyota, Honda, Maruti, Ford and now a Chevy I still maintain that opinion. The days of lemons are truly over and the customer is spoiled for choice.

I would recommend the Aveo as a serious contender in the Indigo, Dzire,Logan class of cars.

Last edited by DKG : 26th September 2008 at 10:21.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The suspension is okay, feels slightly bouncy
I feel Aveo's suspension is one of the best in the segment and with interior finish also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks