Team-BHP - Beauty of the Beast Skoda Octavia RS - 57000 km review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Beauty of the Beast Skoda Octavia RS - 57000 km review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/32529-beauty-beast-skoda-octavia-rs-57000-km-review-8.html)

Which coil is it.
Also i heard that the Skoda Octavia vRs needs some replacement in the A/C department every year or two. Can you enlighten me.
Have you faced any such problem?

Have just got some work done on my AC in the RS. 10 grand in total.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 963043)
Monkey and I were discussing your car, it is used normally and never meddled with and you have no problems, why let a dealer introduce issues into it.

What is normal usage. I rev the car once in a while just o get it's juices flowing and to remind the parts of their pedigree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1185304)
i heard that the Skoda Octavia vRs needs some replacement in the A/C department every year or two.

I dont think it is this frequent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1185300)
12K for coils ? JMD qouted me 8K.

And they were surprised on seeing the VAGCOM ? Don't they have a scanner in the workshop ?

Its really surprising that you r on this forum and u don't know the diffce betn VAG-COM and scanner. I think u should get your home work done

Man u should be aware of difference between VAG-COM and scanner.

Note from Support - Please read the rules before you post.

VAG-COM is a scanner. FYI, the word scanner is a verb.

Quote:

trust me i really feel this ajmat has a different story all together.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thakurs (Post 1202947)
Its really surprising that you r on this forum and u don't know the diffce betn VAG-COM and scanner. I think u should get your home work done

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thakurs (Post 1202954)

Thakurs, I know you've already been warned by the moderator about using sms lingo. Do your homework before you come into the forum all guns blazing, please. I find your posts quite annoying and a bit offensive.

I request you to read Team-BHP rules before making another post anywhere on the forum.

Lastly, we know the people who are making statements here. They are senior members and have introduced themselves to us in the past. You may even be qualified to rubbish everything "this ajmat" and anyone else has said, but unfortunately we don't know who you are.

Please introduce yourself or nobody will take you seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1203123)
VAG-COM is a scanner. FYI, the word scanner is a verb.

No. "To scan" is a verb. "Scanner" (A machine that scans) is a noun. We can take this to the English thread if you like.

Yeah, English grammar has never been my strong point. I use the language by instinct and thus I can't say x is a noun and y is a verb without mixing stuff up. But still, his tone was unwarranted and I had to set him straight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thakurs (Post 1202947)

Thakur,

I don't think you actually understood why I posed the question to Ajmat.

I know the difference between a VAGCOM and a scanner. According to my limited knowledge - if you go to a A.S.S they will connect to a "scanner".

VAG-COM is the cable + software that allows you to do the same thing as the workshop "scanner" on your pc or laptop.

Please let me know whether the difference mentioned by me is correct or not ? It would be nice to learn new things.

:)

Hey

In VAG COM you'll get the actual values but not the specified values,its just like a HHT (hand held tester) now VAG is ruled out & new version is VAS i.e. for VW group

Hey

I am apologize for my words. I didn't desire to upset any one.

Over the past couple of weeks, the car groans as I get in early morning when off to the gym. It ain't in my bones but was getting there. It was similar when the anti roll bar bushes were giving way.

Curiously, the noise disappears after a couple of KM. My impending trip out next week meant it needed attention.

Took it to Vinayak. Found that Fayaz has left. Test drive showed nothing. I suggested they keep the car and look at it when cold. It was found the front suspension needed tightening and a little lubrication. They also tightened up the doors etc and changed the rear bulb

All for a mere Rs 550. I was quite prepared for new suspension bushes. Satish handled the process well.

Skoda have a new system linked centrally so any dealer anywhere can extract your car details.

Not sure if the discreet t-bhp stickers had something to do with it. I prefer to use my knowledge to force issues through.

Took my head of security on a vendor visit in the car - he could not get over the midrange thrust of the beast

Just did a round trip to Kodaikanal and back.

With the issues that have been happening over the past three months, there was always that lingering doubt. bit like that wayward but exciting girlfriend you might have had!

The beast performed flawlessly and attacked the ghats with gusto. By the time I reached Kodaikanal, there was a whiff of petrol. Checked for leaks, none at all. No more smells later on.

On my return leg, once I cleared the ghats, I kept the car at 120km/h. suspension is a little floaty, might look at stiffer bushes. Lowerng the suspension is not an option at this is my daily driver.

Nudge from the old man- don't even talk about power upgrades

When in Kodaikanal, the ladies took my car away, it was a little difficult getting it back. I ended up with their 'in laws' Padmini.

If you can, get a set of after market shocky inserts, thats all the beast needs.

Car in for its 35000 km service. asked them to change timing belt but they seem reluctant.

Got two reminders to confirm that the car was going in before I delivered it and two more reminders after that!

Lets see what happens - fingers crossed!

Ajmat, I read your April post about suspension being floaty today. If you haven't done anything about it yet, you may consider changing the stock shocks to Koni FSD. I did the same at 40000 kms and the car is taut as it was when new.

lol. Bomi don't give him ideas. I think all he needs to do is get the suspension bushes replaced and he should be happy.