Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 12:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yes it included touching up of most small scratches. There's a large one on my boot that needs complete repainting. Some idiot had decided to engrave his name on the boot an when he realized that the paint is too thick, just decided to create a few random marks... probably with a metal object keychain or a knife :(.
Old 17th January 2008, 12:44   #17
BHPian

ROC - Nice review as usual. I am touching 5000 kms today and driving the car as rough as I do (but absolutely safe). My in-city mileage is constantly around 12 now. Lathangi guys have started sharing my contact number whenever anyone asks them about mileage :(. I don't really mind.

Finally took it for long drive last weekend to Lepakshi after reading Akroy's travellogue. Road was fairly disappointing and pot-holed for a good stretch. Moment you touch 120kmph you either have a speed breaker or diversion. I also had started late at 10:45 hrs so there was traffic throughout. Drive was comfortable on account of good shockups, AC pretty effective with no sun films on a hot day. Best part of the car of course is handling. It just sticks to the road and manouverability is fantastic.

Fairly confident car returned 13.5+ FE on such a road with frequent braking from 120-0 kmph.

Issues so Far -
- Rat getting above blower area somehow. If I switch to outside air mode, all droppings fall into blower compartment. Need to figure out during second service.
- Too many cleaning scratches and other scratches appearing on account of Ash Grey (nearly black) colour
- Dropped an outside RV mirror. Costed ridiculously high 1450 for ust the mirror
- a biker hit rear bumper blindly at some 30 kmps while I was trying to squeze between stationary vehicles at <10 kmph. Bumper is fairly sturdy and took impact well. Left very slight marks.

Overall - fairly happy with the car
Old 17th January 2008, 12:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Megger you can access the interior of the dashboard thru the glove box. May I suggest you put some rat poison over there. Those swirl marks from cleaning are a problem for me too. The paint seems to get swirl marks just too quickly. I recently tried out the Turtlewax Swirl and Scratch remover and it seems to work rather well to get rid of these swirls.

Tyre marks can be got rid off very easily too by a bit of polishing with wax.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good to see 15K report of Cedia.. My baby is at 3K.
Agree with megger.. Mine has scratch marks on bumper on all 4 sides, drawn by bikers, trying to squeeze through two cars in perpendicular direction, especially at traffic light waits... And as megger says, in few cases, the whole car moved by the pressure from the bike's metal, but when I stepped out and saw, the mark was'nt that deep. I thought the fender was broken, but no deformation at all.. REALLY STRONG PLASTICS... To suit Indian traffic..!
The rear number plate vibration.. I had it right form the beginning. Thats mainly coz the plates are screwed only on top and almost 3/4th of the plate is just hanging. Chennai delaer fixed double-sides stickers behind the plate and vibr gone...

Otherwise, One More HAPPY CEDIZEN....

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 17th January 2008 at 13:14.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Megger you can access the interior of the dashboard thru the glove box. May I suggest you put some rat poison over there. Those swirl marks from cleaning are a problem for me too. The paint seems to get swirl marks just too quickly. I recently tried out the Turtlewax Swirl and Scratch remover and it seems to work rather well to get rid of these swirls.

Yes, one can remove the glove box easily and then I used a flexible pipe with vaccum cleaner to clean the blower compartment. Not possile to put rat poison in this area as rat has found housing above the fresh air damper. Dropping make their way in only when damper operates.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Good to see 15K report of Cedia.. My baby is at 3K.
The rear number plate vibration.. I had it right form the beginning. Chennai delaer fixed double-sides stickers behind the plate and vibr gone...

Otherwise, One More HAPPY CEDIZEN....

Good solution. Even I will fix mine today with nice 3M 2-sided tape
Old 17th January 2008, 13:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post

After the first service, ACT Chennai, my dealer's mechanic advised me to use ONLY the particular BLUE CLOTH all the cab drivers are using to clean the car. He said, using any other cloth or sponge would create scratches on the wax. This is a very thin cotton cloth and you need to completely wash off the starch before using it. Rs. 10 a peace, its available in any super market / petrol stations.

Since I changed to this clothe, mild soap and water, there are no new scratches and the car looks as new and glitters in light..
Old 17th January 2008, 20:57   #23
BHPian

Gear shift problem...

My cedia sports is currently at 3k and I do notice a certain hardness has crept into the gear shift earlier it used to be butter smooth which somehow is not there anymore I maybe nitpicking 'cause its still smooth, just not as smooth as before. Nice review btw, now I know what I can look forward to from Lathangi.
Old 17th January 2008, 21:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Parichay don't worry the gear shifter smoothens out after 5000 or so km. Was quite hard for me too in the initial days. Now its as smooth as butter.
Old 18th January 2008, 01:21   #25
BHPian

Nice to see some of the Cedia owners here. I am looking forward to buy my new car in early/mid 2008. Currently I have shortlisted Cedia, however it is slightly above my budget. My budget is 8.5 Lakhs and the car I want is Cedia!
Even if I manage to stretch my budget, my only apprehension is that I am still not convinced on the acceptance of this car in India as I do not see many Cedia cars on the road (Bangalore I mean) .
Your reviews and comments are very important for me to make my decision. Please do keep posting your comments on this car.

I am currently in the US and I see that the Mitsubishi cars are well accepted here. That gives me some reliefCheers
SJ
Old 18th January 2008, 09:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
My cedia sports is currently at 3k and I do notice a certain hardness has crept into the gear shift earlier it used to be butter smooth which somehow is not there anymore I maybe nitpicking 'cause its still smooth, just not as smooth as before. Nice review btw, now I know what I can look forward to from Lathangi.
Parichay,
I got similar feeling suddenly, after the car returned from service. Then I realized that it was the seat position that gave me the feeling of stickyness in the gear-shift. They moved the seat back and down, and I had it set at a particular position suitable for my height. After a few trials of seat adjustment, I got back to the same buter-smooth gear shift I had earlier...
May be you should try chaning the seat height / position and try the shift..
Old 18th January 2008, 20:35   #27

Have completed 4000 km in 6 months on my Cedia Select. Went on two longish drives (600 km round trips). No issues so far except that the Ash Grey colour is prone to scratches. Getting a FE of around 11 in city and 16 in highway. Overall, a very satisfied owner and glad I chose the Cedia though it seemed a very brave thing to do at that time.

Hope that Mitsu drop the prices of spares over a period of time and continue to provide support over the next 10 years which is my usual ownership period!
Old 18th January 2008, 21:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

^^They just dropped the spare part prices by a significant amount. Check this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...are-parts.html
Old 18th January 2008, 21:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice repot ROC, when do you plan to go for stage I mods?
Old 18th January 2008, 21:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hehe gotta ask Lathangi if they'd honor warranty if i get an air filter an exhaust. Will report back. Else will have to wait a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks