VMG
BHPian

Good decision man and congratulations.

Happy and safe driving.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
hi guys have finally made up my mind and have decided to buy the cedia over the honda city Vtec....i guess it was more a choice of the heart than the mind.....will update soon.
The cedia is significantly better than the VTEC NHC in just about every area other than resale.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:49   #48
BHPian

u can look at abt 30k as discount from the total price....which i think is great for the car, bringing the price down to abt 9.3 for the select.
Old 20th February 2008, 19:19   #49
BHPian

So @csr, tell us already, how much did you pay?, and how is she doing now?
Old 21st February 2008, 12:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The cedia is significantly better than the VTEC NHC in just about every area other than resale.
And rear seat comfort?, I have heard cedia lacks it by quite a bit.
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
And rear seat comfort?, I have heard cedia lacks it by quite a bit.
Rear seats have poor thigh support for tall people, 5'9" + Leg room or comfort is not an issue.

Works for most of us since Cedizens almost never like to get driven!
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

^^The rear seat is bad but not much worse than the NHC. Just sat in one a few days ago.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:49   #53
BHPian

Any idea if there is someplace where you can pick up better plastic bits for the ac controls for the cedia?
Old 28th February 2008, 12:12   #54
csr

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
So @csr, tell us already, how much did you pay?, and how is she doing now?
Well... I'm back after some gap! Coming to your question, I paid 6.7L overall and was very excited to have got such a deal but later when I looked around in the second hand market and enquired with other dealers they say it's not a great deal, but not a bad deal either. It's hard to find a genuine vehicle and that too a vehicle which is run so less for which I must have paid a premium of ~25-40K still, they say. I've no complaints - I feel I bought it for what it's worth, especially when I look at the price tag of new fabia & Civic!
Coming to how it's doing now, I'm completely satisfied with my buy. None of my friends who has seen it so far could believe that it's an used car when they looked at it first time until I revealed it to them. I added another 1.6K already to my odometer since I bought it. I'm getting around 9.5-10kmpl in city, A/C always on. Still to test it's max speed and highway mileage. I shall post some more details and pictures soon.

-CSR
Old 24th March 2008, 20:22   #55

hi guys, mitsubishi all of a sudden is promoting the cedia so heavily that it makes one wonder if there is more to the story... i mean is there any chance of a revised diesel launch of Cedia at higher price range and the present petrol being sold at lower prices once the present stock is over... knowing mitsubishi it seems possible, i mean look at what they did with Pajero, in span of two months, now they offering a far far better Pajero at same prices... can someone please throw some light here??
Old 24th March 2008, 23:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

I havent seen many yellow cedia sports here.Most of them are either red or black.I had a short drive of the cedia a few days back.Wonderful car altogether and great handling too compared to my verna.Hope it had a diesel though.
ram
Old 25th March 2008, 13:20   #57
BHPian

hi poosh i had spoken to the dealer at the time of buying my cedia about a month back...at that time they had told me that some of the top management have been moved out and guys from mitsu japan have come in their place, and to expect some changes on the marketing and sales side soon.looks like this is now happening.i have also seen maybe more cedias in the last ten days than i have seen over the last two years.this could be because i am now noticing it compared to before but thats that.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Well, if Mitsubishi starts on its own in India, it would certainly mark their agressive presence here.. if that happens, I can see only more cedias/new lancers on the roads..
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

30000km report!

Its time to update this report. Been quite a while since I last posted about my car. Its 2 years 4 months old now. It has been through over 30000km in this time. In this time, it has been to almost every part of southern India other than the backwaters of Kerala.

It has seem beautiful GQ tarmac, lovely mountain roads around Munnar, dozens of hill climb runs up Chamundi and Nandi hills, some super spirited driving on ECR, horribly potholed roads of Bandipur, virtually no roads when going to KGudi, some unexpected off roading in the jungles around BR Hills, the beaches of Gokarna and Goa, the race track at MMSC, the dirt tracks off NH7 and of course the maddening traffic of Bangalore. Till date it has never ever let me down - be what the terrain and be where the place.

Till now I've only faced issues with the car twice - once when the parking brake didn't disengange properly after not using the car for over a month. It made some funny noise for a while after which it got fixed by itself. I took it to the garage and as a precautionary measure, I had the rear brake pads changed.

The second problem was minor - the CEL started glowing on a couple of occassions. Both the times, it turned out to be just dust in the air intake. Cleaning it fixed the problem. I haven't faced that issue again in the last 10000km since then. I had the air filter replaced at 22000 km as a precaution again. It hardly costs anything anyway.

Other than these two issues, the car has been smooth as silk. It still pulls as well as it did on the day I bought it and the engine+gearbox have only become smoother. I'm totally impressed by the reliability of the car. The body panels and interiors have held up pretty decently. There's one minor rattle in the dash that occurs very rarely when going over super bad roads. Other than that, there are no squeaks and noises.

I guess everyone here on the forum knows how well the car moves and it feels totally planted at high speeds. The steering feedback with the car on 205 rubber is just incredibly true. It is just a joy to drive this car in a spirited manner. Even at unmentionable speeds around the double ton, the car doesn't lose poise or feel unstable. There's not a single vibration anywhere either. Speaks volumes about how well the chassis is designed.

The engine may lack the absolute top end but the super torquey nature makes it a very very easy car to drive on a daily basis. I'd have loved to have the 2.4 MIVEC but in the traffic that one has to deal with daily, I'm more than happy with the current engine. There's response in every gear at any speed. Plus the engine revs reasonably quickly for a long stroke motor. As much as we might bash HM for detuning the engine, they've struck an almost near perfect balance between reasonable top end response and excellent low-midrange driveability. Fuel efficiency has been pretty good. On shell premium it gives me roughly 10-11 in the city these days and it stretches to 13 on highways. I have a very heavy foot. So this is pretty damn good.

Now for the gripes that one notices only in the long run:

- Aweful body roll: Though its not as bad as many other cars in the class, its still pretty noticeable at high speeds and I hate it. This is the something I intend to fix very soon by replacing the springs with stiffer Eibach ones. The body roll spoils the fun sometimes. Why oh why is the rear suspension so soft . Surprisingly the front suspension is much stiffer than the rear and the front doesn't face so much of trouble. Something that screams "Sports" shouldn't have such a wallowy suspension.

- Jumbo sized steering wheel: This has now been fixed as the refreshed car comes with a momo steering wheel from the EVO. But the older steering is a pain when you want to heel and toe. It just feels a little uncomfortable if you have long legs

- The clips that connect the bumpers to the chassis are really flimsy. There's a lot of panel gap that ends up appearing soon. I have to tighten the screws on a regular basis so that the ugly panel are not visible.

- The leather used for the seat covers isn't of the best quality. The driver's seat seems a bit funny to touch now. The leather on the steering wheel has worn out quite a bit. But its not really an issue, I'm nitpicking.

- The bootlid is super flimsy and make funny noises every time one closes it.

- Spare part prices are kind of high. Thankfully I haven't had to replace too many things because of good reliability so it kinda evens out. The only real expenses have been the front and rear bumpers, one headlight, rear brake pads and air filter. I cracked the front bumper and the left headlight while exiting a cramped parking lot. A new bumper costed 8.4k and a new headlight was around 5.2k. Not super expensive but not cheap either. Changing the brake pads costed 4k or so inclusive of labor and new wiper blades were aroun 1300 rupees for a set. All the boxes seemed to be from Mitsubishi Japan and none of it was made in India stuff. The older prices were atrocious. I got rear ended once in early 2008 and it costed 32k or for a new rear bumper and skirting. Thankfully spares are a lot cheaper now.

Southern Motors service over the last year and half has been good in the most part. Only once they had trouble fixing a fog lamp which kept blowing fuses and I had to go three times. Some wire had shorted out. Other than that, they've been good, quite courteous everytime I visit and have always delivered on or before the committed date. So if anyone is thinking about the car in Bangalore and worried about service, the worries are unfounded.

The Michelin PP2 shoes have almost worn out now and its time to get some Advans for my baby. Stay tuned for more soon. Shall post current photos in a day or two once the car is shod with new shoes.

I have to say I couldn't have been happier with the car! Everything just works and its just a joy to chuck it around corners. I am still living the dream and have absolutely no regrets about buying a totally underrated and unknown car. In fact I love the fact that its so rare and exclusive. People who matter see it and immediately know you are a petrolhead .

Last edited by reignofchaos : 2nd September 2009 at 23:30.
Old 3rd September 2009, 08:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

nice review. 32k for bumper is sort of skoda money. anyway nowthat prices are under control, you can enjoy. still under warranty? any free flow? nice suspension and advans should make you smile even wider... enjoy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks