Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 23:30   #226
Team-BHP Support

the car has gone for its 70,000 kms service. we will keep the car for another year and then sell it off. the water pump seal has broken and it has been sitting at shinrai for the past 5 days waiting for the parts to arrive from bangalore. using an elantra in the meantime (im not complaning). i will update this thread when i get the car back and take some more pics too.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:26   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
he started off normally and halfway into the turn at about 30kmph in 2nd gear he floored it. the rear stepped out and the car actually drifted on the right turn. i was pretty impressed. never thought an innova could do that. nor did i think my driver would know how to do that (he even countersteered perfectly). imagine the looks on those 10 cops standing at the signal.

still enjoyable everytime in this car. always something fun everytime im in it whether beating a sedan in a signal drag or even things like this.
love that and i do it with my stock Innova in Kolkata traffic, (some wicked fishtailing @ u turns I mean)

Imagine the look on the spectator's faces

Last edited by btirthankar : 1st January 2010 at 12:30.
Old 15th January 2010, 01:19   #228
Team-BHP Support

the car went for its 70,000 kms service. this means 50k kms with the petes tuning box. its a testament to how reliable this tuning box it. i wouldnt think twice before putting it even if it were a mercedes or an audi or a bmw. the car had some suspension work done and the water pump seal was broken i think. anyway its back to its old self. the engine feels as good as new. it still gives quite a few midsize sedans a run for their money and still suprises me at how quickly it gets upto 140.
Old 18th January 2010, 00:53   #229

Great ownership review Akshay.
A lot of innovas have a pretty hard clutch, is there any remedy for it.
Thinking of buying an Innova but ease of driving is important after my CRDI Viva and my Swift.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:00   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tectrac View Post
Great ownership review Akshay.
A lot of innovas have a pretty hard clutch, is there any remedy for it.
Thinking of buying an Innova but ease of driving is important after my CRDI Viva and my Swift.
its really not that bad. i mean after the clutch was changed it was as light as the clutch on my getz. the innova is a relatively easy to drive muv.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:12   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
its really not that bad. i mean after the clutch was changed it was as light as the clutch on my getz. the innova is a relatively easy to drive muv.
Sorry for not posting earlier. Thanks a million that changes things a lot, will nip across to the dealer and check out a couple of fresh Innovas.
My Accent Viva was peted and she was transformed into a mean machine.
More impressive was the engine became quiet with almost negligible NVH. Added mileage of a couple of kms per liter was an added bonus.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:54   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tectrac View Post
Sorry for not posting earlier. Thanks a million that changes things a lot, will nip across to the dealer and check out a couple of fresh Innovas.
My Accent Viva was peted and she was transformed into a mean machine.
More impressive was the engine became quiet with almost negligible NVH. Added mileage of a couple of kms per liter was an added bonus.

hey any updates from you?

update
hey guys, been a while since ive updated this thread. well after more than 3 years of owning the innova all i can say is that you cant go wrong with it. no major problems whatsoever. and the only irritating thing i am facing is the rear part of the roof has started to rattle. maybe its a toyota prone thing since i have noticed it in quite a few toyota cars including the camrys. also it could be due to the fact that i have a subwoofer at the back. anyway the car has done about 80k kms and we will probably start looking for a replacement in the third quarter of this year. maybe an suv maybe a sedan.

about petes - if anyone is worried about the reliability, well my car has had the box for 60,000kms. yes you read right, 60,000kms. and has it caused any problems? NO. its been used in mad mumbai traffic jams and continuously cruising on the expressway at 150+kmph and the cars temp needle never even moved from its normal spot. the only thing till now it might have caused is the clutch to wear out a bit early. but hey, what difference does a few grand make for a few years of enjoyment.

im still not bored of the car, and everytime it keeps up or beats a racerboy swift of a signal puts a smile on my face.

too bad i couldnt try out the bilstein shocks on this car.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:29   #233
BHPian

Hi Akshay1234, just to revive this thread about the good old innova, i must say, i was inspired by your thread on the pete'd innova and hence decided on it.

Bought the car on 25th Sept, 2009, the first stop after leaving the dealership (after the PDI too) was for the change of tyres. I got Yoko C Drives 225/60 R15 as suggest by Akshay1234. I am wondering what is the pressure you maintain on those tyres (the tyre dealership guy suggested me to maintain 30psi).

And now, its been more than a year, driven 14,000 kms on it, time has come for me to go for the Pete's Box. I have been dreaming about it since the day i got my hands on the Innova. Its been very exciting till date, but would want to make it even more exciting.

I looked at a few places in Bangalore where I can get the Pete's Box. Any suggestions/advice before I go there to get my Innova Pete's??

I must say that Akshay1234 has inspired a lot of people to get their vehicles pete'd. As someone earlier has mentioned, its awesome to have family cars that are Sleepers !
Zoomsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2010, 17:21   #234
Team-BHP Support

30psi is fine on those tyres. The ride is just perfect with them.

About the petes box, just go and get it done man. No need to check anything before fitting. Id suggest you get the Green stock replacement filter too.

Post a report after you fit it. And no second thoughts, its worth every penny.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:17   #235
BHPian

Re: CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes

And Finally, I got my Innova Pete'd !

I spoke to Mr. Ramesh of Hot Tracks, Bangalore and fixed an appointment. Drove down to the place at around 2pm on saturday (9th April) and he was more than happy to offer me a test drive with the box on (though it was in Stage 1). So, I start the car and start rolling in first gear, and immediately I feel as though the car is on steroids ! It was plainly amazing.

So, I tell them that I am satisfied and want to get it fixed in my car (though I was damn sure of getting it on even before the test drive) and also ask for the Green Cotton Stock replacement filter. And just before the box is to be fixed in my car, I ask Ramesh to put the box to Stage 2, which he does gleefully. I also bought the Filter cleaner and filter oil and made the payments and returned to the car to get back home.

And here started the fun! The engine sounded so sweet that i decided to turn of the car stereo, lowered the windows at around 3.30 in the afternoon and swayed to the music that the engine made. I was so excited that I was least bothered to think about anything else.

I get back home and take my family for a ride and everyone (including my grandmother) were totally amazed by the way the car went about its routine. And for the first time I saw my sister zipping past traffic in the Innova ! This does say volumes about what the Pete's box can do to you and your car. Just adore this piece of machinery that went into my car and the Innova is just a beast on the road now. I dont need to honk now, just the engine growl at around 2.5k rpm does the job !

Totally happy now, thanks Akshay1234 for the excellent reviews and timely updates you have provided.

Cheers,
Sunil
Zoomsun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2011, 20:04   #236
Senior - BHPian

My Innova has done 56k kms plus and i think its now time to get it Peted. Will call you Akshay and get details. Feel inspired to plonk a Petes box after your report.
Meanwhile, please elaborate on the Different stages of settings thanks.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th April 2011 at 20:06.
Old 15th April 2011, 05:13   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
My Innova has done 56k kms plus and i think its now time to get it Peted. Will call you Akshay and get details. Feel inspired to plonk a Petes box after your report.
Meanwhile, please elaborate on the Different stages of settings thanks.
Certainly, Im not in town at the moment, you can send me a PM.

Well the box has 3 settings - The first one is the stock setting the box comes with, the next one increase the horse power by about 7bhp and a performance air filter is recommended for it. The third one again increases the power more, and the smoke along with it (never tried this setting). An exhaust too is required for this to work optimally.
Old 24th April 2011, 11:28   #238
BHPian

Hi guys,

Was in the process of buying innova(used one - 2007 dec manufacture, 2008 March registration 2.5 V has done 40K). Had a test drive today and below are the observations.

1. Car seems have well maintained by exterior and interior looks.
2. Service history is clean
3. Insurance of all the years had NCB
4. Engine makes lot of noise
5. Black smoke when revving at 3.5-4k RPM, also saw a block of carbon coming out from exhaust pipe once.

I am quite concerned about point 4 & 5, should I call off the proposal?(It has used normal diesel as per owner and had done service at 39200km). Planning to take car to Nandi toyota to have a check. Anything specifically need to be asked during this visit?.
Old 24th April 2011, 14:12   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
4. Engine makes lot of noise
5. Black smoke when revving at 3.5-4k RPM, also saw a block of carbon coming out from exhaust pipe once.

I am quite concerned about point 4 & 5, should I call off the proposal?(It has used normal diesel as per owner and had done service at 39200km). Planning to take car to Nandi toyota to have a check. Anything specifically need to be asked during this visit?.
Try and compare with another Innova around the same kms. Pt 4 and 5 are known innova problems, but they seem bad in your case. At least the way you have described it does not seem normal.

The engine is louder than the safari and scorpios, but not very loud.

As for the smoke, take it to a dealer and see what they say.
Old 12th January 2012, 23:19   #240
Senior - BHPian

Akshay any updates.How's the Innova keeping you?
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks