Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 22:01   #181
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i dont know if youll get it there at that price. and delvac 1 is only in 5l cans.
I'll try, anyways- I need 14 litres in total. for mine, dad and brother's cars.
Where did you get this price from?
Also, there is talk that the ECU has been programmed with mineral oil as standard, so performance will not be optimal with fully synthetic.
Did you notice any improvement?

Old 15th January 2009, 22:05   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'll try, anyways- I need 14 litres in total. for mine, dad and brother's cars.
Where did you get this price from?
Also, there is talk that the ECU has been programmed with mineral oil as standard, so performance will not be optimal with fully synthetic.
Did you notice any improvement?
im not on synthetic. never got around to getting it. but im sure there will be a huge improvement. i got the price from city motors in opera house, mumbai.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:50   #183

Hello ManSingh,

Address of Pete's at Bangalore -
Hot Tracks
Contact Person:Mr Anil Padiwal
Address:No 6,Cotton Complex
Residency Road
BANGALORE 560 025 BANGALORE (KARNATAKA) Mobile: +919845106938
Mobile: + 919740036464
Off: +9180 22213179/
Fax:+9180 22290875
Email: hottracks_bang@hotmail.com

Stanley Seatings
Contact Person: Mr Yashwant Gopalakrishnan
Address:No 12/7,Shama Rao Complex,
Mission Road
BANGALORE 560 027 BANGALORE (KARNATAKA) Mobile: +9198440 35311/+919844072300
Off: +9180 22100750,22226237
Fax:+9180 22100754
E-mail:sunilsuresh@stanleyseating.com

I enquired the price couple of months back, If I remember correctly, it must be around 32k

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kkrn
Old 28th January 2009, 10:34   #184
BHPian

Final word on Innova with Pete's Tuning box

Hi All - I am a new member from Bangalore. My name is Sandeep and I own a Toyota Innova 2.5V. I have perused this entire thread with great interest and I am planning to go for Pete's tuning box but I have a few doubts/requests:

1) Askshay - Great report - but kindly summarize the configuration one should opt for - Should one choose the Green stock replacement filter or the Green storm filter. Looks like you had numerous clogging issues with the Storm so are you now running with Green stock replacement filter and what is the performance like with the stock replacement

2) What is the performance gain with the tuning box like if we do not replace the air filter at all?

2) Will the work done at the Bangalore dealer be of the same quality as at their Kochi workshop?

Please summarize your observations on the configurations and your recommendations.

I will be driving on Feb 23rd to Goa and am wondering whether it makes sense to add this before the trip.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:19   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Hi All - I am a new member from Bangalore. My name is Sandeep and I own a Toyota Innova 2.5V. I have perused this entire thread with great interest and I am planning to go for Pete's tuning box but I have a few doubts/requests:

1) Askshay - Great report - but kindly summarize the configuration one should opt for - Should one choose the Green stock replacement filter or the Green storm filter. Looks like you had numerous clogging issues with the Storm so are you now running with Green stock replacement filter and what is the performance like with the stock replacement
yes with the green storm it did get clogged pretty quickly but i seem to be the only person reporting that problem. also the storm costs about 9k while the stock replacement is 5.5k. the performance of the vehicle is about the same with both the filters, except the storm made more noise.

2) What is the performance gain with the tuning box like if we do not replace the air filter at all?
there will still be a performance gain but the vehicle will get starved for air at higher rpms. i suggest you get the filter and enjoy it completely. the filter makes it much smoother to rev.

2) Will the work done at the Bangalore dealer be of the same quality as at their Kochi workshop?
if you do get the stock replacement and the petes box it shouldnt take more than 10 mins for installing both. the fitler fits right into the OE filters box and the box just has to be connected and secured with zip-ties.

Please summarize your observations on the configurations and your recommendations.
i suggest you get the petes box with the stock replacement.

I will be driving on Feb 23rd to Goa and am wondering whether it makes sense to add this before the trip.
get it before your goa trip. youll enjoy the drive much, much more.
my answers in bold.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2009, 11:52   #186
BHPian

Thanks Akshay - This is my first experience on this forum and I am delighted at the prompt and informative response from your side.

Fantastic! Looks like Pete's tuning box with the Green Stock replacement filter is a no-brainer (Lower noise as well).

Will update the group with my experience after I get the mods done. Let's see if I can convince Wifey on the expense!

BTW => Contrary to what I read in the posts here, my personal opinion is that the acceleration/pickup of the stock Innova is poor (when compared with let's say a Scorpio) and I am hoping Pete's tuning box will do the trick
Old 28th January 2009, 23:19   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay - This is my first experience on this forum and I am delighted at the prompt and informative response from your side.

Fantastic! Looks like Pete's tuning box with the Green Stock replacement filter is a no-brainer (Lower noise as well).

Will update the group with my experience after I get the mods done. Let's see if I can convince Wifey on the expense!

BTW => Contrary to what I read in the posts here, my personal opinion is that the acceleration/pickup of the stock Innova is poor (when compared with let's say a Scorpio) and I am hoping Pete's tuning box will do the trick
well even with the stock replacement there will be a slight sucking sound when the turbo starts. but it sounds good and isnt intrusive.

the acceleration is much better than a safari or a scorpio after the tuning box. it does 0-100 in 12.3 seconds. that is quicker than the petrol innova. and that was on the normal setting and not +1 setting which gives 7 more bhp.
Old 28th January 2009, 23:33   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 setting which gives 7 more bhp.
How did u calculate that?
Old 28th January 2009, 23:52   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
How did u calculate that?
read it on the psi site i think.
Old 29th January 2009, 00:14   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
read it on the psi site i think.
I can't find it.
Please provide me the link or calculate for my Getz and tell me.
Old 29th January 2009, 01:17   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I can't find it.
Please provide me the link or calculate for my Getz and tell me.
im tellin you i read it. it said around 7bhp on most cars. since your car gets a 20bhp gain my guess is that it should be around 5bhp more on the +1 setting. so 135bhp + whatever you wanna add for the filter (1-3bhp??).
Old 29th January 2009, 10:29   #192
Team-BHP Support

the car has just gone for its 50,000 km service. its done 50k kms in about 25 months. the right rear brake light stopped working. that is the only issue.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:37   #193
BHPian

So do you take out both the tuning box and the filter before the service? and do it do it yourself or do you take it to the shop which fixed the box for you?

Did the toyota guys ever wonder how come your stock air filter is so clean every time you bring it in for service?
Old 29th January 2009, 11:50   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So do you take out both the tuning box and the filter before the service? and do it do it yourself or do you take it to the shop which fixed the box for you?

Did the toyota guys ever wonder how come your stock air filter is so clean every time you bring it in for service?
nah i did that for 2 services but then the car dosent give any problems so nothing needs to be replaced under warranty. now i just leave both of them on when i give them for service. anyway the filter is just a stock replacement so they cant say anything about that.
Old 29th January 2009, 12:05   #195
BHPian

Hmm..Interesting.

My car has only done 20,000 kms so I guess I still ought to remove it before giving for servicing. Need to get more mechanical minded

Some good news - Wifey approved the spend (was in good mood this morning), so I should be able to do it well in time for our Goa trip

What is your experience with changing the flat for Toyota Innova. On couple of occassions, I have struggled to take out the spare. Any help would be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks