Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 14:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

CRAZY Pete'd Innova - Now Done 65000kms and 45000kms with Petes

So finally today after waiting for 8 months since getting my car i installed the petes box. i had been eagerly awaiting this product and kept bugging turboindia (a.k.a Peter) to tell me when it would be out. The moment i knew it was out I ordered it.

Today i went to install it. My initial impression was wow that thing is small. Then Viper took it for a spin. He was dissatisfied. So we checked all the connectors and even opened the box to check whether it was getting its power supply. It was and after a quick call to peter we got to know that it might take some time to read the cars ECU maps and then alter them.

Then we started installing the green storm air filter + dynamisation kit. it was a quick job. almost as quick as installing the petes box. By that time V16 had dropped by. We decided to take the car for a spin again (All these spins were on crowded roads). This time V16 also drove it and didnt find much of a difference. There was a nice albeit slightly loud sound from the air filter. I like it lets see how my dad takes to it.

Then I left from there and Viper handed me a cardboard box and said he wanted it back in 2 days. When i opened the box I found a G-Tech Pro.

Now it was my turn to take the car for a spin. So off to Worli Seaface I went. Over there after doing all the calibrations on the G-Tech Pro i took some runs. I was finding a pretty big improvement in all the gears. The acceleration had improved alot and I was liking the growl from the air filter. I guess the box took its own time to read the maps because by the time i reached seaface the car was flying. It was much faster than before in 0-100 and in the in-gear acceleration.

here is the time i managed with the G-Tech -

Yes that is 12.367 seconds to 100kmph!!! Now it can rival some petrol cars. I only had time for this and ill try to take some in gear runs before i give the G-Tech Back to Viper. It will take a while for me to check the FE but i will post it here when i do check it.

Here is how the engine bay looks now -

The original power was 102 bhp and with the petes box + air filter it is around 130bhp (Peter told me about 3-4bhp for the air filter). The original torque was 200nm it is now 260nm (again a bit added for the filter).

Here is a dyno sheet for an innova with only the petes box -

I would like to thank Turboindia and viper.

PS - this box is still running on stage one. Wait till i take it to stage 2 & 3.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th October 2007 at 14:22.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2007, 15:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

I also forgot to mention that the car now wheelspins alot after installing the box.
Old 16th October 2007, 15:09   #3
BHPian

Thats great! How much did the filter + dynamisation kit cost?
Old 16th October 2007, 15:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Thats great! How much did the filter + dynamisation kit cost?
it cost all of Rs 9150.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

BUMP - no comments guys? especially the 0-100?
Old 16th October 2007, 19:30   #6
BHPian

Wow neat setup and great result. It is now a very fast machine doing 0-100 in 12.3 Sec. Waiting for the result after stage 2 & 3
Old 16th October 2007, 19:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Wow neat setup and great result. It is now a very fast machine doing 0-100 in 12.3 Sec. Waiting for the result after stage 2 & 3
that will be while since i want to keep it on stage 1 for a month or more. then stage 2.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:43   #8
rks
BANNED

OK, I will take the bait. Your 0-100 timing is very good indeed. As I recollect, for the unmodded diesel Innova the 0-100 was something like 16 secs. If so, how did you manage to get such a drastic improvement?

Secondly, I have a tangential question regarding the stability of the modded Innova. It is an MUV after all, so when modded to increase power do you need to do other mods, say, to suspension, in order to ensure stability while cornering? Of course you probably have taken care of the tyres.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

i do have better tyres and im planning to go wider in the next tyre change. the innova is sold abroad with more powerful engines like a 2.7 petrol in dubai. the suspension would take it. the innova also has pretty decent handling for its size anyway.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:52   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
BUMP - no comments guys? especially the 0-100?
Seems like you are pretty excited about the whole thing?

Any idea of the 0-100 figures without the box? 130bhp, 260 Nm! WOW! That could give tough time for Verna/Magnum and likes!
Old 16th October 2007, 21:27   #11
BANNED

AKshay,

I think there is something wrong in the way you have tested. I would like to recheck the timings myself as 4 secs is a lot to knock of from stock timings.

Viper
Old 16th October 2007, 21:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats nice,

This Petes Box available on Petrol Innova too ?

Last week end checked Mr. Bangalore's Petrol Innova which is with K and N Air Filter and FFE, it was very impressive. I am excited and getting ready with budget to do all these stuffs also tyre upgrade and alloys for my Innova too by this year end.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
OK, I will take the bait. Your 0-100 timing is very good indeed. As I recollect, for the unmodded diesel Innova the 0-100 was something like 16 secs. If so, how did you manage to get such a drastic improvement?

Secondly, I have a tangential question regarding the stability of the modded Innova. It is an MUV after all, so when modded to increase power do you need to do other mods, say, to suspension, in order to ensure stability while cornering? Of course you probably have taken care of the tyres.
The innova petrol does a top whack of 180+ and has a 0 to 100 comparable to many sedans so i guess no need for any mods except for wider tyres IMO.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice report there Akshay. The petes box is a wonderful thing in the automotive worlds of diesels. Buttttttt 4 secs is a bit tough to knock out, IMO. I guess 14 secs is more like it. However its not about 0 - 100 timings at all, its all about the increased driveability & torque.

What do you plan to do in stage 2 & stage 3?

Quote:
That could give tough time for Verna/Magnum and likes!
But not to the Peted Swift

And Crazy Bhai - Stock Magnum goes to 100 in 9.8secs. So a peted one will be as fast as a RS.

Quote:
This Petes Box available on Petrol Innova too
Its available only for diesels.
Old 16th October 2007, 23:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
AKshay,

I think there is something wrong in the way you have tested. I would like to recheck the timings myself as 4 secs is a lot to knock of from stock timings.

Viper
Viper do post the timings of the Innova with and without the petes + storm combination.

I guess the combination indeed helped knock of 4sec as from my experience a stock Xing cant do 120 plus on 3rd gear compared to a Xing with a Green cotton Wind or K&N conical.

anyone got any idea regarding the number part of the torque increase when you add a Green cotton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Nice report there Akshay. The petes box is a wonderful thing in the automotive worlds of diesels. Buttttttt 4 secs is a bit tough to knock out, IMO. I guess 14 secs is more like it. However its not about 0 - 100 timings at all, its all about the increased driveability & torque.

What do you plan to do in stage 2 & stage 3?

But not to the Peted Swift

And Crazy Bhai - Stock Magnum goes to 100 in 9.8secs. So a peted one will be as fast as a RS.

Its available only for diesels.
Crazy ! do meet Thadus!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks