Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 20:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Something wrong with your expectations then.Maybe they are set Mahindra style by default,LOL

Being an auto engineer,you should know that in contemporary automotive world,nobody gives ABS without EBD.

Infact you cannot take full advantage of ABS without EBD.

Now please lets try to compile a list of spares with their accurate prices.

I would suggest people should find out their bills and post the parts/prices to have an accurate listing.
sorry godzilla for again deviating from the topic, but i thought its essential that i reply to this post.

yes, you are right, maybe my expectations are set mahindra style and so i give more credibility to reliability and not fancy abbreviations. i wont say EBD is unnecessary and in my earlier post, i already mentioned kudos to TATA for offering it, but they are also charging a lakh extra for it, and also the airbags. maybe the pricing is the key reason the scorpio sells more and mahindra has done a good job in this respect. to set this right buddy, please do not think that i posted in this thread to bash the safari as i am a "mahindra" fan!

well, about the ABS part, as far as i have studied, there is no disadvantage in ABS without EBD, thats what the books i have referred tells me!
EBD works on a different principle and adds to the safety quotient.

scorpio offers a 3 channel ABS and safari offers a 4 channel ABS, which is better. EBD can be made to work in conjuction with only 4 channel ABS. perhaps mahindra tried to save costs here too!
Old 13th June 2008, 11:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
kudos to TATA for offering it, but they are also charging a lakh extra for it, and also the airbags.
It seems that you have no idea about what the extra lakh is for - the primary cost is for the Airbags, NOT the EBD. I don't think a ABS & EBD kit would cost more than 25k or so.

I will post a comparison over the next few days on the Safari VTT vs M Hawk thread which will show you why the Safri 2.2 VTT VX costs more than the M Hawk. You are stuck on DVD screens & EBD but there is a lot more.

And, on that note, au revoir & let the cost of spares discussion continue.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
It seems that you have no idea about what the extra lakh is for - the primary cost is for the Airbags, NOT the EBD. I don't think a ABS & EBD kit would cost more than 25k or so.

I will post a comparison over the next few days on the Safari VTT vs M Hawk thread which will show you why the Safri 2.2 VTT VX costs more than the M Hawk. You are stuck on DVD screens & EBD but there is a lot more.

And, on that note, au revoir & let the cost of spares discussion continue.
yes i have mentioned the airbags in my post too.
i will wait for you comparo as i am really eager to know what "lot more" does the safari have...
cheers:
Old 13th June 2008, 14:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Note from mod : any further OT posts i.e. ones Comparing Scorpio & Safari will be deleted.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th October 2009 at 19:07.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:14   #50
BHPian

Most company sees the cost of spares in two different ways. One is to promote the sales of a vehicle. Second, a mode of income for the company after the vehicle is sold.
Toyota does its business using the first method, which for them is a tried and tested method all over the world. And same thing they have applied here in India. Thats why wee see the spares of Innova cheaper than expected. Actually they come at a subsidized price and the loss has been made up by increasing the cost of spares for the discontinued Qualis. They have also made sure that Qualis do not enjoy the low cost spares by making minor changes to all the common parts so that the Innova parts dont fit in a Qualis (Like Differentials and Axles)
Then, there are Manufacturers like Skoda who use sales of spares as a source of income.
And finally there is Safari ,for Tata which is yet to hit a proper chord with the pricing of spares. That is why we always see the spare prices going up and at times even down.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:30   #51
BANNED

I am nearing 20 K service for my 2006 3L Dicor.

No, i am not going to the TASS, all spares will be got home, and my mechanic will work on the Dicor from now on

All the spares are now available off the shelf, will be light on pocket and atleast lets me know whats going into the vehicle and whats not.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am nearing 20 K service for my 2006 3L Dicor.

No, i am not going to the TASS, all spares will be got home, and my mechanic will work on the Dicor from now on

All the spares are now available off the shelf, will be light on pocket and atleast lets me know whats going into the vehicle and whats not.
Dear Pavan are 2.2 VTT parts such as Oil filter , fuel filter etc. also available off the shelf as well ? Any perticular shops in Bangalore where one can look for TATA parts.

Do T.A.S.S sell the spares as such means if I go o them and ask for Oil Filter will they still sell me for same 161 Rs ?

I am thinking of intermediate oil change outside after 7.5 K Km interval but only hitch is availability of oil filter.

I have no experience in buying spares outside so just asking ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks