Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 12:16   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am yet to find an good aluminum fabricating guy. Will try to get aluminum if possible, otherwise steel is the only option

The plate is around 10-15kgs including weight of foam.

This is not the engine plate, this is behind the engine and protects some rods(chasis stiffness etc., thingy).

Hopefully I can get a good guy in Noida. Going to somebody like rally prepares will mean 7-8K just for a bunch of plates. I might as well get OEM for 1750. They do their job well, and will last me 2 years atleast.
Oh I was thinking that you are referring to both the plates the front and back one. So my estimate for approx 40 Kg for both is not too off the mark .

Yes if it is just 1750 then go for OEM all the way, Aluminium will also dent in couple of years. Frankly I was expecting more for OEM as earlier you reported that rubber bulb to pump diesel costs 4.5 K
Old 5th July 2010, 14:37   #1562
BHPian

hey tanveer...had been reading this thread...feels very sad when somebody ends up spending 10+ on a motor that turns out to be a lemon. You should definetly take up this with tata motor seniors...

Been a owner of tata product..yeah the quality is really bad but that motor turned out to be a gem. ran close to 135000 with FE around 20+ on A/c. The car was regularly serviced, had only a single shocker replacement. The problem lies with TASS actually. They dont care about their customers hard earned money. Once i remember the indigo got serviced at 82000 and just after 140kms the timing belt was gone. had the guy at center noticed this, it wont have wasted a lot of time on highway in middle of night. Ofcourse they bore the brunt, paid me tow charges, the belt and a free service coupon.

Hope things turn out good and you enjoy a smooth ride..
Old 5th July 2010, 15:18   #1563
Team-BHP Support

Thanks arjun. Thankfully the past few thousand kms have been relatively trouble free, thanks to my insistence of checking every tiny noise. If I had not insisted on belt noise checkup(could be heard only in very silent conditions), the timing belt getting frayed would not have been noticed, and I would have had to suffer another breakdown!
That said, I am happy with TASS as they have replaced every faulty component without fuss, except for the bushes, which they say are wear and tear parts.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:33   #1564
Senior - BHPian

tsk, great to know that finally things are settling down with your Safari. Been following your thread for quiet long now (silently), gave me a lot of inputs and inspiration to take up the matters in my Scorpio (which is another lemon similar to yours) with M&M & A.S.S.

Quote:
Thanks arjun. Thankfully the past few thousand kms have been relatively trouble free, thanks to my insistence of checking every tiny noise. If I had not insisted on belt noise checkup(could be heard only in very silent conditions), the timing belt getting frayed would not have been noticed, and I would have had to suffer another breakdown!
That said, I am happy with TASS as they have replaced every faulty component without fuss, except for the bushes, which they say are wear and tear parts.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:50   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, time for a thread title edit methinks - no horrors for a while now if I'm not mistaken?
Old 6th July 2010, 12:56   #1566
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tanveer, time for a thread title edit methinks - no horrors for a while now if I'm not mistaken?
Before the warranty gets over(24th) July I have to take her to TASS once. Will change the title after that.
Right now I feel something is amiss on the steering and disc front. Going by pass history, whenever I have felt something is amiss, a lot has been revealed upon opening up the things.
So in a few days I will post the 50K update(coming up anytime now), along with the details of the repairs taken, if any.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:42   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before the warranty gets over(24th) July I have to take her to TASS once.
Tanveer, which warranty is getting over? The manufacturer one? or the extended warranty?
I read in another thread too (Thar one) that you were bracing up for higher maintenance costs since your warranty is going to expire soon.

My guess is that your vehicle is 2 years old..so only your manufacturer warranty is expiring. If you have purchased extended warranty, why should you worry.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:49   #1568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Tanveer, which warranty is getting over? The manufacturer one? or the extended warranty?
I read in another thread too (Thar one) that you were bracing up for higher maintenance costs since your warranty is going to expire soon.

My guess is that your vehicle is 2 years old..so only your manufacturer warranty is expiring. If you have purchased extended warranty, why should you worry.

Well, you need to pay up first and then wait till insurance team gives back the money if its EW.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:54   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Well, you need to pay up first and then wait till insurance team gives back the money if its EW.
Couldn't understand this, if the car is under extended warranty where does the insurance get involved ?

Asking this since my Manufacturer warranty expires in Spe '10 and I plan to buy the extended one.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:54   #1570
Team-BHP Support

Yes, extended warranty does not cover everything. Thats why I am bracing for higher maintenance costs!
Old 8th July 2010, 12:15   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nope, not really. The workshop submits the claim upfront to the insurers & they either pass it or reject it. You would pay only if the claim is rejected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Couldn't understand this, if the car is under extended warranty where does the insurance get involved ?
The extended warranty coverage is with 3rd party, not with TATA Motors themselves

In the case of Safari, ALL major components are covered under extended warranty. Except the ABS & Airbags. So I'm not sure what exactly you are bracing yourself for Tanveer.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:33   #1572
Distinguished - BHPian

Extended Wty by TM is more like an insurance coverage that TM takes on each vehicle, but you pay the premium in the form of Exty Wty charges. IIRC, United provides this service to TM.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:43   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, not really. The workshop submits the claim upfront to the insurers & they either pass it or reject it. You would pay only if the claim is rejected.
Ok, so it works like cashless hospitalization schemes. Good to know.

Quote:
In the case of Safari, ALL major components are covered under extended warranty. Except the ABS & Airbags. So I'm not sure what exactly you are bracing yourself for Tanveer.
Thats what I thought too. I was wondering if I was missing something.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:45   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Well all warranty ( manu or EW ) is covered by insurance companies. The only difference is EW is between the customer and insurer whereas the manufacturer's warranty is backed by insurance policy given to manufacturer. Only that is not covered by insurance is if any goodwill warranty is given by manufacturer to customer.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:19   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

Asking this since my Manufacturer warranty expires in Spe '10 and I plan to buy the extended one.
* warning * You cant get one if your Safari is 2 years old !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks