Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 18:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hello GPA,

I am taking about the stock JK tyres that came with the Alto.

My driving was a bit on the spirited side and maybe would have been the reason for the wear.
Old 16th November 2008, 18:38   #32
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hello GPA,

I am taking about the stock JK tyres that came with the Alto.

My driving was a bit on the spirited side and maybe would have been the reason for the wear.
HW,

When I took delivery of my Alto in May this year, the showroom guy explained that Maruti has done away with using JK tyres on the Alto based on customer feedback of poor perfomrance and early wear and have hence moved on to MRF ZVTS radials for all Altos.

Maybe your spirited driving was not to blame after all.

Cheers,

gpa
Old 16th November 2008, 18:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
...Maybe your spirited driving was not to blame after all. ...
Ah, GPA, thanks for validating my gut feeling that I am a safe driver and it wasn't my fault!
Old 18th November 2008, 12:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Alto struggles only when AC is on and tries to pull in low speeds (city conditions).the rest is fine.

Guys, also check which type of fuel you use. My alto gives nice mileage with HP, it has been observed on many occasions so I sticked on to only COO HP stations where ever I go.

SHELL: it gulps like juice and strictly avoided (filled SHELL as there was new filling station opened in our home town.)

Never checked with other brands of fuel.

This same had happened to my friends Swift also. So HP seems to work well.

Kindly share your experiences too.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 18th November 2008 at 12:36. Reason: spell check & typos
Old 18th November 2008, 12:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
...Guys, also check which type of fuel you use. My alto gives nice mileage with HP, it has been observed on many occasions so I sticked on to only COO HP stations where ever I go...
My Alto is happy with HP. Used to be any bunk, then moved to IBP, and then for the last 1 year its HP. I get good FE. Have noticed it over many long trips.

And most of the HP bunks have electonic reading meters with thermal printers - which I love to believe are bit better off than other types of petrol meters.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

How was IBP?
Any expirences with IO & BP?
Old 18th November 2008, 13:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How was IBP?
Any expirences with IO & BP?
My ranking will be:

1. HP
2. IBP
3. IO

IO was the last one I would go to. But then, I was using it initially for some time before the 'Pure for Sure' came up and I moved to IBP. Had a better ride than IO, but then one fine morning filled at JP Nagar HP and the FE was a eye opener!
Old 18th November 2008, 13:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

For me it was Shell Normal throughout till increased the prices. Since last April, I fill in HP and the bunk is good and also FE didnt come down.
I had worst exp with BP pumps both for bike and car.

Abhi
Old 18th November 2008, 14:14   #39
BHPian

dont know about gulping habits, but the acceleration is even worse than my ex premier padmini, with the a/c on.
Old 18th November 2008, 14:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
dont know about gulping habits, but the acceleration is even worse than my ex premier padmini, with the a/c on.
Then there is something wrong in your car. I use AC consistently in highways and high speeds and also in city, never had such issues.

Definitely you should have known the gulping habits. It is the highest selling not by fluke.

Abhi
Old 19th November 2008, 20:18   #41
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
The acceleration is not all that bad with the AC switched on. Once the car gets used to the load of the AC, it will perform better. A technique mentioned by Abhi, that I have tried, really works. You could be facing a problem due to a clogged injector or air filter. Get them cleaned and you will notice a perceptible difference in acceleration both with/without the AC.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 19th November 2008, 20:22   #42
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
For me it was Shell Normal throughout till increased the prices. Since last April, I fill in HP and the bunk is good and also FE didnt come down.
I had worst exp with BP pumps both for bike and car.

Abhi
Just like Abhi, I used to fill my Santro and M 800 only with Shell, but stopped due to high prices. Now, I fill my Alto and Santro at HP bunks. My worst experience was at BP and IOC bunks.

The petrol is so bad that the engine pings heavily on even moderate acceleration and worse still there is quite a noticeable drop in FE as well.

Cheers,

gpa
Old 19th November 2008, 20:28   #43
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
most of the HP bunks have electonic reading meters with thermal printers - which I love to believe are bit better off than other types of petrol meters.
Hey HW,

I just noticed that one HP bunk also had a density meter that showed if the petrol stored in the tank below was within the prescribed density limit.

I also have made note that the density meter's reading doesn't vary depending on the time of day at a IOC bunk that dispenses extremely bad fuel. The reading at 3.00 pm in the afternoon is the same at 6.00 am in the morning when the ambient temperature is about 15 deg celcius.

How can this be? Am quite certain that there will have to be a change in density with a change in ambient temperature right? Or is it possible for the bunk guys to manipulate this just the way they do with the petrol?

Guys, do give me your inputs on this.

Thanks,

gpa
Old 19th November 2008, 20:34   #44
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My alto gives nice mileage with HP, it has been observed on many occasions so I sticked on to only COO HP stations where ever I go.
Hi Ramsagar,

I agree that HP does dispense the best fuel.. How do you differenciate between a 'nomal outlet' from a 'COO'?

Do let me know.

Thanks,

gpa
Old 20th November 2008, 08:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

@GPA:every Company Owned Operated bunk has the hoarding COO and must be using DIGITAL filling units with thump impression.atleast it should have minimum of 4 filling units.

Eg:In B'lore,the one @ JP-NAGAR,another @ Near WOODYS,the one near St.Jonhs,Next to KR puram bridge...and many more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks