Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 23:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely. Toyota will withdraw their warranty immediately upon seeing a power box on the engine.
hasnt happened to me.

yet.
Old 9th February 2009, 08:06   #17
BHPian

Guys - Need 1 clarification - Since the toyota warranty is for 3 years / 100,000 kms, does it matter what they find in the car after 3 years from date of purchase?
Old 9th February 2009, 11:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

When the warranty period is over, they won't bother with what you have done to your car. But yes, its better to send the car for regular service minus the power box.
Old 9th February 2009, 11:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Guys - Need 1 clarification - Since the toyota warranty is for 3 years / 100,000 kms, does it matter what they find in the car after 3 years from date of purchase?
Is the same applicable for alloy wheels as well ??. I have heard from a friend of mine, where a particular dealer had refused some wheel bearing replacement ( within warranty ) and blamed the whole thing on having running the car on alloys.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Is the same applicable for alloy wheels as well ??. I have heard from a friend of mine, where a particular dealer had refused some wheel bearing replacement ( within warranty ) and blamed the whole thing on having running the car on alloys.
Anything which is not stock (accept internals like Music System, Seat covers, etc. ) may void the warranty.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 9th February 2009 at 12:01.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:07   #21
BANNED

Two points. While I agree the improvement must be essentially due to the Power Box, the contribution of the filter (esp. if the old one was clogged) should be ruled out. I would rather have put in the filter and the box at different times.

Once you are out of warranty then there is nothing to be claimed from the company in any case. As for alloys in principle if the offsets are different then the loading on the wheels spindles will differ. However, in practice it should not matter.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Now, don't tell me u are gonna give the car for service WITHOUT wheels.!

On a serious note, the wheels are fine if u are within a certain limit and a lot depends on your negotiating skills and relationship with the service manager.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Anything which is not stock (accept internals like Music System, Seat covers, etc. ) may void the warranty.

Cheers!!!
Do note that if your electricals fry or if your car goes up in flames thanks to an electrical fire and if they trace the problem to bad wiring in an aftermarket stereo system, kiss your warranty and insurance good bye.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 9th February 2009 at 12:41.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:34   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Do note that if your electricals fry or your car goes up in flames thanks to an electrical fire and if they trace the problem to bad wiring with an aftermarket stereo system, kiss your warranty and insurance good bye.
which is not very likely on most cars unless you get aftermarket stuff installed from some jack who dosent know anything about his job.

edit - arre immortalz, no comments on my post that my innova kept up with a civic to 130?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th February 2009 at 12:35.
Old 9th February 2009, 15:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

I'm not surprised - the Innova is a very capable vehicle

I shall come looking for you once I do some minor mods my car tho (maybe a TC, or an engine swap, or a TC engine swap - y'know, the usual thingmajiggies).
Old 9th February 2009, 21:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I'm not surprised - the Innova is a very capable vehicle

I shall come looking for you once I do some minor mods my car tho (maybe a TC, or an engine swap, or a TC engine swap - y'know, the usual thingmajiggies).
haha.. except i may not have the innova then. im looking at something very similar to what youve mentioned next year sometime.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:19   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hasnt happened to me.

yet.
Good for you, but the day you drive into workshop for any warranty related claim ensure that the box is off, or else they will blame it for anything from bulb failure to tire puncture
Old 10th February 2009, 11:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Good for you, but the day you drive into workshop for any warranty related claim ensure that the box is off, or else they will blame it for anything from bulb failure to tire puncture
will do that. but shinrai toyota where i send my car for service is actually a pretty honest dealer. they know their stuff. so i dont think theyd go blaming some fault on another thing. but still, i will remove the box for servives. just havent had the time since they come and take it early in the morning.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:33   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Standard behaviour.

I agree that it helps if you have a good relationship with the dealership.

As for the Stereo, nowadays they do not cut the wiring buy instead 'plug in' a harness which provides the juice to the Stereo. If the wiring is cut then you may have trouble.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu:
Well let me reiterate, after 3 years (from date of purchase), it is just a nice thing to do(removing the box) before a service (esp. if you are concerned someone might tinker with it), since warranty won't matter any more. By putting Pete's box in the car, this is a risk we all take that after crossing 3 years on warranty, if a problem does surface up - We cannot force Toyota into a corner on it (even if we remove the box)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks