Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 15:14   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Your still running those goodyears NCT 5's from the trackday bob? Madhus you won't have any problem if you tell Nikhil in advance before going. They do a good job with Nikhil supervising.

I had gone there once many years ago and had a poor experience with them. Deicided not to go after that. But then gave them another chance after coordinating with Madhus and have been happy.

ps: the car is looking good but the wipers are an eyesore. Suggest you change to BOSCH aerotwins asap. They work good during monsoon and are frameless so look really sleek.
ya bob , trying to squeeze max life out of those NCT5s
Old 7th June 2009, 18:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Your still running those goodyears NCT 5's from the trackday bob? Madhus you won't have any problem if you tell Nikhil in advance before going. They do a good job with Nikhil supervising.
So if Nikhil is out of town?
Old 11th June 2009, 14:41   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I think he is back in town.
Old 12th June 2009, 02:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

That's not my point. Never mind...

siddartha, what does your car idle at (in l/h) with the A/C on, when the engine has warmed up?
Old 12th June 2009, 13:38   #65
BHPian

i havent really checked with the a/c on but at idle when warm without the a/c its 0.7 l/h.
will check and let you know.

Last edited by siddartha : 12th June 2009 at 13:44.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:50   #66
BHPian

60k kms update.

1.tyres changed : switched to stock size of 205 55 16 from 225 55 16.
yoko s drives ,rs 6150/- per tyre.
bought from madhus. thanks nikhil. super service.

Ride is stiffer as expected, steering feels light. planning to drop tyre pressure by 1-2 psi. steering feels lighter.

2. oil change + ows engine flush: shell helix oil. bought "HENGST" oil filter. not O.E , Rs 380/- from j.c road. job done at pushpa auto garage ( my gypsy mech)

3.accident repair:
lost the rear while taking a sharp turn on a rainy night and went and hit an electric pole. NOT DUI. guess i entered that wet corner (stagnant water) a lil too fast for that NCT5'S to get any grip in the water or i was too slow in my reaction.i had got the tyres rotated few days before this incident, the balder ones were now at the back.

damage: alloy wheel cracked - 9k
fender replaced - 4.5 k + painting charges
strut bent -changed - rs 4.5k
bumper repainting.
crack on windscreen - not yet changed.
Old 15th December 2009, 16:13   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
If he's out of town and someone screws up, that someone is going to get the hiding of his life. Of course, this is not of any consolation to the car owner. But we take complaints very seriously.

You have every right to walk into the showroom and speak to the manager. And if you know me, you have every right to demand my number(if you dont have it) and scream at me.

I know it's an old post, but saw it only now.

Siddhartha, I apologise for the screw up. You've had my number for long and we've had a few interactions. You should have told me!

Mistakes shouldnt happen, but we humans are a stupid race. It happens occassionally. We'll try to do our best to make up for it.

Apologies again.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:29   #68
BHPian

@nikhil - bro, its totally alright. no apologies reqd. actually i am sorry i mentioned madhus.that incident happened quiet sometime back and i didnt know you at that point. It so happened that i went there and after that i came to know that you were connected. anyway that was followed up by super service this time round. so all's well thats ends well.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
Now the car is all fit and fine. also been getting better mileage.
What # is he returning?
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:25   #70
BHPian

Hi Team,

Need a little help here.

My vRS has crossed 50k mark , and I am planning to go for a precautionary Timing Belt change. Called up Vinayaka & Tafe, with both, quoting 20k.

Since, I have seen (threads)where vRS owners in Bangalore getting the TB changed for much less, why this price difference for me?

Can I get some assistance with non skoda dealers changing the TB and/or if I can have some company with me, who can come along and bargain to effect.

Thanks a lot in advance..!!

Aditya
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:52   #71
Team-BHP Support

The 20k includes the water pump (9k) which is best changed at that time. Labour is around 1k.

Saying that, the TB kit is around Rs 6-7000 (includes the pulleys etc) in the UK. However, Vinayak do not have the belt in stock normally and it takes time for this to come in. I heard of a person who repairs Skoda on the ORR, have yet to visit and check it out
Old 4th January 2010, 17:15   #72
BHPian

Hi Ajmat ,

So you think the price is justified? Just wondering from where the Water pump was procured for 7k?

Should I go ahead with Vinayaka in this case @ 20k?

Thanks!

Aditya

Saying that, the TB kit is around Rs 6-7000 (includes the pulleys etc) in the UK. However, Vinayak do not have the belt in stock normally and it takes time for this to come in. I heard of a person who repairs Skoda on the ORR, have yet to visit and check it out[/quote]
Old 4th January 2010, 22:44   #73
BHPian

The water pump is best replaced while changing the timing belt. Got this done for my octavia last month @ Vinayak.
Here you go on the prices (in approx), am unable to find the invoice:

Water Pump - 7.5k
TB Kit ( incl pulleys) + Repair Kit - 6.5k

Labour:

Timing Kit - 1.5k
water pump replaced - 650/-

Total after VAT - 18k (as I said approx, am unable to find the invoice, will search for it)

If you go to Vinayak , ask for service advisor:- Vishwanath.

Cheers,
Old 6th January 2010, 10:53   #74
BHPian

Ajay,

Thank you for the information.

Though, I get my work done from Vishwanath only, my concern was , not to be taken for a ride by Tafe/Vinayaka.

On Sundays Classfied paper, on the Cars for sale section, I saw an Ad, Skoda specialized services @ Jayamahal Road? Any idea on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
The water pump is best replaced while changing the timing belt. Got this done for my octavia last month @ Vinayak.
Here you go on the prices (in approx), am unable to find the invoice:

Water Pump - 7.5k
TB Kit ( incl pulleys) + Repair Kit - 6.5k

Labour:

Timing Kit - 1.5k
water pump replaced - 650/-

Total after VAT - 18k (as I said approx, am unable to find the invoice, will search for it)

If you go to Vinayak , ask for service advisor:- Vishwanath.

Cheers,
Old 6th January 2010, 12:32   #75
BHPian

Am not surprised, got two different quotes on the same day for 18k & 21k for this job from Vinayak itself.
Guess, they quote a bit higher just for contingency sake, when you call them on the prices. Vinayak are much better then Tafe though on all counts.

No idea on the Jaymahal road, is it Shawhar you are referring to?

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Ajay,

Thank you for the information.

Though, I get my work done from Vishwanath only, my concern was , not to be taken for a ride by Tafe/Vinayaka.

On Sundays Classfied paper, on the Cars for sale section, I saw an Ad, Skoda specialized services @ Jayamahal Road? Any idea on that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks