Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 09:49   #31
BHPian

100KM Range after low fuel indicator then

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
When I fill just after the yellow light going on, I manage to fill in 38-40 litres out of a full tank of 47 litres. So you should have 7-8 litres left (minimum). However I almost never let the tank reduce to less than half (reason: to avoid air pockets later).

100+ km range worst case after the low fuel indicator turns on

Thanks for the update
Old 20th May 2009, 16:25   #32
BHPian

hi dude..

iam a swift DDis user.a few users have had issues with the turbo in the swift.issues like turbo not kicking or kicking in late.i have felt this on a couple of occassions especially while driving in the hot sun.any such problems with the palio turbo?
Old 20th May 2009, 16:42   #33
BHPian

Awesome ownership review. I am sure that if someone wants to buy Palio MJD, this is the review that they need to read.

Enjoy the car and drive safe.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
iam a swift DDis user.a few users have had issues with the turbo in the swift.issues like turbo not kicking or kicking in late.any such problems with the palio turbo?
No issue with turbo so far, but then I don't time my acceleration everday with a stopwatch to check for 10% power loss in turbo-kick either. Doesn't seem wrong. Palio MJD turbo is more linear than the Swift as well.

There is a separate for Swift turbo issues, I suggest you check up there.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

@architect
Did you consider putting in the Pete's box? The car will be much more fun to drive.
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
No issue with turbo so far, but then I don't time my acceleration everday with a stopwatch to check for 10% power loss in turbo-kick either. Doesn't seem wrong. Palio MJD turbo is more linear than the Swift as well.

There is a separate for Swift turbo issues, I suggest you check up there.
thanx architect!

iam a part of the swift turbo issues thread.i just wanted to know whether the palio turbo has any such probs or not.
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
hi dude..

iam a swift DDis user.a few users have had issues with the turbo in the swift.issues like turbo not kicking or kicking in late.i have felt this on a couple of occassions especially while driving in the hot sun.any such problems with the palio turbo?
shantyrocks: If i'm not mistaken, you bought your Swift LDI last month. I drive almost a year old Dzire VDI and had the same issues with the DDIS though mine was more with the latter i.e. with the turbo kicking in late, though at times i used to wonder where the turbo had disappeared! There was a lot of sluggishness as well. Fortunately it was due for its 3rd service and i gave it in without mentioning any of the issues that i was experiencing. What i got back was a car with her adrenalin flowing Now its back to BASICS!

Last edited by Smooth Sailing : 23rd May 2009 at 11:26.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
shantyrocks: If i'm not mistaken, you bought your Swift LDI last month. I drive almost a year old Dzire VDI and had the same issues with the DDIS though mine was more with the latter i.e. with the turbo kicking in late, though at times i used to wonder where the turbo had disappeared! There was a lot of sluggishness as well. Fortunately it was due for its 3rd service and i gave it in without mentioning any of the issues that i was experiencing. What i got back was a car with her adrenalin flowing Now its back to BASICS!
yeah dude i got my car last month.
till now iv had no issues with my turbo except when parked or running in hot sun it kicks in a bit late.i wanted to know if the palio has any such problem
Old 25th May 2009, 09:36   #39
BHPian

Thanks Architect for your extensive review. Even I took one MJD based on Team-BHP owner reviews. What saddened me the most was, none of the TATA dealership is pushing fiat palio. Atleast my dealer did not even put that on showroom floor, when I went for a Palio test drive and demo, they pulled it out of their basement and shown me. The demo car was not in her best of shapes from looks atleast. On a offline mode when I enquired, they even told me that, they would anytime try to covert a customer who comes perticularly for Palio to buy Indica VISTA. They tried it on me too. But I was very perticular for Palio. If FIAT had a good dealer support, like Maruti and they streamline their A.S.S, Palio would have been most successful hatchback avaialble around at this moment. Even now, Palio is a success, but could have been much better.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:28   #40
BHPian

Palio MJD FE

Hi MJD gang,

What FE are you guys getting out of your beauties

Anyone found any improvement with premium diesel like Shell or Turbojet Diesel

Any response will be appreciated
Old 26th May 2009, 09:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Hi MJD gang,

Anyone found any improvement with premium diesel like Shell or Turbojet Diesel

Any response will be appreciated
I get 19 in winters when AC is not used at all
In summers with 100% AC i get 15-16
All these are tankful to tankful

Initially i used premium diesel and the car started emitting black smoke.
Later i came to know that only normal diesel should be used in multijet.
Old 26th May 2009, 12:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasb View Post
Initially i used premium diesel and the car started emitting black smoke.
Later i came to know that only normal diesel should be used in multijet.
Thats a good milege. BTW where did you get this information from that MJD should only be fueled with normal petrol. This is totally confusing as I was adviced just to use premium diesel not the regular one.

Architect/Other Initial MJD owners: Can you guys please pitch in here and let me know, since you are one of first MJD owner, you would be the best people to comment on this. Thanks a ton.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
Thats a good milege. BTW where did you get this information from that MJD should only be fueled with normal petrol. This is totally confusing as I was adviced just to use premium diesel not the regular one.

Architect/Other Initial MJD owners: Can you guys please pitch in here and let me know, since you are one of first MJD owner, you would be the best people to comment on this. Thanks a ton.
@varriers
For the first 7500 Kms, i used premium fuel and the car used to emit lot of black smoke as if i was driving a truck. I complained on both first and second service to vivek auto but they couldn't solve it. Later i read at many places (including team-bhp threads) that for multijet engines normal diesel should be used. Elegant cars also confirmed the same to be during my third service.

I have now driven my mjd for 28500 kms and the issue vanished once i started using normal diesel.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW where did you get this information from that MJD should only be fueled with normal petrol.
I hope you meant Normal Diesel

Quote:
This is totally confusing as I was adviced just to use premium diesel not the regular one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasb View Post
@varriers
For the first 7500 Kms, i used premium fuel and the car used to emit lot of black smoke as if i was driving a truck...
I have now driven my mjd for 28500 kms and the issue vanished once i started using normal diesel.
Apparently the injectors etc are 'calibrated' for normal diesel. I have used turbojet on 3 occassions only. have stuck to normal diesel from a trusted HP pump. I have used systemD for two tankfuls and FE increased by 1-2 kpl. But I didn't continue as Fiat doesn't recommend systemD and I didn't want warranty issues either.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Summers: 14.5 - 16.5 kpl (city, bad traffic, short runs)
Winters: 16.5 - 18.5 kpl (same conditions but no AC)

Worst: 13.5 kpl
Best: 20 kpl

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks