Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I noticed that droplets of water gets deposited on the inside of the right headlamp glass. Is it any serious problem?
Maybe not serious, except that it might hamper effectiveness and focussing of your headlamp. Definitely a common problem with the older Palios, especially those that have HIDs installed. Remove the headlamp and check the rubber seals as well as the seal where the bulb enters the reflector. (Watch out and don't break any of the plastic lugs. Those things are delicate and it could cost you quite a bit to replace the headlamp).

Quote:
I go to more than 80 kmph on 4th and then engage 5th the engine momentarily stalls (as if not receiving fuel); I release throttle to come down to about 60 and then the car picks up normally (still in 5th)
Happened to me as well, once or twice. Check your air filter and let us know if it happens again. This is being reported by too many people now.
Old 26th July 2009, 14:27   #62
BHPian

Quote:

.... engage 5th the engine momentarily stalls (as if not receiving fuel); I release throttle to come down to about 60 and then the car picks up normally (still in 5th)........ But I have also been upshifting to 5th at 60kmph (the manual recommends upshift to 5th as early as at 50kmph).
TortoiseNhare,
I too faced the same problem and when I went to ASC,they simply said it was "Accelerator sensor issue" and said would have to replace the Accelerator cable and Sensor on Warranty.
But I wanted a second opinion and approached another ASC,where I got a Shock!.They simply connected the ECU scanner,did some 'beeps and trings' on the keyboard and gave the car for test drive.Voila! the mechanic raced to 100KMPH at 2000 to 3500rpm along a 6 km stretch.The car just rocketed with the jab of the pedal.Not even a hint of the problem.
They gave me the car back with a complimentary wash.
Am going back to them for my 22500km service in a week!.
Cheers
Old 27th July 2009, 10:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

An ECU re-map, or what? What exactly do the ASC do on a scanner? most of the time, it is me who has to teach them the interface, clueless as they are. And this is a common phenomenon even at other brands.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:02   #64
superveloce

@architect: can you address a small query of mine? does your palio stile mjd have 98pcd or 100pcd? because i have seen a bhpians mjd haveing 14" lensos and i believe lensos come only in 100pcd. correct me if im wrong.

Old 27th July 2009, 11:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
@architect: can you address a small query of mine? does your palio stile mjd have 98pcd or 100pcd? because i have seen a bhpians mjd haveing 14" lensos and i believe lensos come only in 100pcd. correct me if im wrong.
AFAIK, it's 98 PCD, it's the same stock Palio 13" steel wheels from the pre-stile 1.2. if my memory serves me right, the BHP-ian in question with the white MJD and white alloys (I am sorry the name eludes me now) had 100 PCD Lenso alloys fitted on 98 PCD.

OT: This 98 PCD alloy business was the reason I stuck to steel wheels when shifting to 185 sized tyres.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:39   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
An ECU re-map, or what? What exactly do the ASC do on a scanner? most of the time, it is me who has to teach them the interface, clueless as they are. And this is a common phenomenon even at other brands.
I would also be interested to know what exactly the ASC had done. I am curious!

Cheers
Jagan
Old 27th July 2009, 13:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I dont think it was a ECU re-map.The guy simply said 'ECU has some errors sir.I have to reset the codes with the ECU manual'.Then he went on to work on the keyboard by following a big black bound book.He casually mentioned it as the 'Gita from Fiat'!.
What I observed on the scanner were readings from - ignition,battery,fuse box,accelerator and exhaust boxes and some electricals on the screen.All the lines leading to one big blue box on screen which he said was the ECU.He said the ECU was not taking some signals from one of these hence the problem.Once the codes are identified and reset,the ECU will be OK .
I tried to coax him to give me a copy of that 'Bible' of Fiat.He refused with a grim police man's face.
Cheers.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
I dont think it was a ECU re-map.The guy simply said 'ECU has some errors sir.I have to reset the codes with the ECU manual'.
Everytime they have put the scanner on to my car, I have had to look at all parameters. According to them, if there is nothing highlighted in red then everything's fine. Also, the page containing "error" is always empty. I am saying this because my car has also seen that issue once or twice.

Needless, to say the Gita from Fiat has not been seen by me.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:00   #69
BHPian

Right,maybe Fiat must have issued this 'Gita' recently to the ASCs since it now handles some really good brands like Linea and Punto.Maybe they require some hi-tech help like these kits and manuals.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:21   #70
BHPian

Boot light Required

Hi Palio Stile owners,

I need a Boot Light to find stuff in the dark,when the car is loaded,I use the boot to store small stuff,unable to find them without any light,cabin light is useless for the boot.

Checked with Prerana Motors Service center,they do not have any provisions for a boot light in Palio.

Any pointers would be appreciated on accessories for a boot light in a Palio MJD.

Thanks
Amar
Old 4th August 2009, 16:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

get a reading light fixed from an accessories store - use it to lit up the boot.

or else get a cabin light fixed in the boot and wire it with the oe cabin light
Old 5th August 2009, 15:46   #72
BHPian

Boot light Required

Thanks I have started hunting the Accesories shop for a boot light.

Cheers
Amar
Old 15th August 2009, 11:37   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Architect,

Meanwhile a problem reported by one of our fellow BHPians was replicated a couple of times in my car - I go to more than 80 kmph on 4th and then engage 5th the engine momentarily stalls (as if not receiving fuel); I release throttle to come down to about 60 and then the car picks up normally (still in 5th). Each instance was the first attempt to get to a decent speed after an entire week of driving at 60 kmph or less. In my recent trip to Upper Assam (a total of more than 1600km) this issue never surfaced. But I have also been upshifting to 5th at 60kmph (the manual recommends upshift to 5th as early as at 50kmph).

Thanks.
I faced the same issue since my early days with the car but off late the problem is increasing in frequency. I discussed this in length with Him motors yesterday. They said that multijets are having this issue. It has something to do with the clutch bracket. He said that he has cleaned the clutch plates but if this issue comes again, they need to change the clutch bracket under warranty.
Also sometimes the injection failure light used to glow recently in my multijet. They checked the ECU. It had recorded an error related to high pressure in the pump. All they did was to remove the error and said everything is fine. Has anyone faced this issue?
Old 16th August 2009, 19:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Stalling issue happened again--while climbing a flyover at 60 kph, I shifted to 5th and Voila... car stalled, showed all the lights and then suddenly picked up again. So it didn't really STOP.

But this thing of clutch bracket and clutch replacement is scary. Also a little unbelievable. If there is a problem with clutch plates, it should be happening on all gears, shouldn't it? I think its either an air-filter issue or some ECU problem. The problem is rare and diffcult to reproduce. Also, I am not anxious to reproduce it. If it happens once in a blue moon, fine. Just let it be.
Old 16th August 2009, 21:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

If its happening after some running especially while climbing/accelerating it needs to be something with the fuel pump. Is there a way to check its functioning on the examiner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks