Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 16:18   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Today I have lived with this car for two years (two weeks lesser, actually) and 41,500 km.
Nice impartial review & good to see a well-maintained ride at 41.5k kms
Old 26th March 2010, 21:42   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Nice impartial review....
Thank you, Dada, learning from "distinguished" BHP-ians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
...& good to see a well-maintained ride at 41.5k kms
Ha, it's looking well maintained because of this..
Quote:
The car has had only one wax polish before these pictures were taken, usual cleaner cleaning which is bad, and stands in the sun and dust 24 hours a day because the commonwealth games construction has made the whole city (and especially my office, where the car is parked day and night, because I walk from home to office) into a construction site.
and you cannot see this in these pictures, thanks to the lady who has taken these shots....
Quote:
....finally got my bumpers repainted. Car looked as good as new for two days until some demented teenager with a repressed spirit decided to scratch out four-letter words on my doors and fender regarding how he was born. Not joking, serious!
Old 26th March 2010, 21:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay, some of the best service centres in the city are quite downmarket. Wait till you see the Visitor's Toilet at Elegant Cars! But they do the job well and that's what matters! The exception to the rule seems to be Motorcraft in Noida, but they are too busy to tackle the volumes they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Thanks Siddhartha. I saw ABS Motors from outside in my last visit to GGN. Looked very upmarket in comparison to our Abhishek Motors.
Old 27th March 2010, 15:30   #154

Car date: Sept 08' 39,800 kms to date.

Driving down the highway doing about 60 odd and a buffallo runs across the road . I am maybe 50 - 60 feet away so i hit the brakes .....no response !! I floor the pedal and sink it all the way to the floor and then I get some braking effect .. Lock the tyres and swerve hard and miss the first buffallo but through sheer talent the next buffallo runs into my path and I hit it at 20 . Felt for the creature as it fell down but then it proceeded to pick itself up and defecate on the highway blocking traffic behind me.

So I limp back to the city averaging about 30 ~ 40 . The service station guy tells me my rear brake cylinider failed which led to the draining of all the brake fluid.

I replaced by front brake pads at 39,000 kms yday along with the rear brake cylinder replacement.

No other major issues other than the gear acting up every now and then and refusing to slot in.

Architect.

Planning on doing a tyre change maybe with alloys . Any reco's ? I'm thinking 175 R 15s . maybe michellins.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:53   #155
BHPian

Quote:

I almost never recommend a Fiat to anyone and if I do I make I warn them and also give them a Maruti alternative. Recently I made a friend buy the Figo TDCi instead of Punto MJD because he couldn't afford ABS airbags on the Punto and I wanted him safe.

I shudder to think of anybody going through Harish Raghav's Adventure experience after buying a Fiat on my recommendation.
My worst fears have come true. My cousin(he is 18 years elder...around 50) is going ahead with the punto and is taking delivery tomorrow. He is not interested in FORD and MARUTI is boring for him. My only advice he listened was to get a Multijet instead of petrol. God Bless me
Old 28th March 2010, 12:21   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasb View Post
My worst fears have come true. My cousin(he is 18 years elder...around 50) is going ahead with the punto and is taking delivery tomorrow. He is not interested in FORD and MARUTI is boring for him. My only advice he listened was to get a Multijet instead of petrol. God Bless me
My brother-in-law (currently driving a 10 year old Matiz) likes my Palio. He is delaying the purchase of a new sedan until his newly booked flat in a less congested area in the city is ready. As a stopgap arrangement he wanted to buy the Palio MJD on display in Abhishek Motors for over six months. Not many would touch that car by a bargepole now, he knew. So he literally forced me to ring up the owner of Abhishek Motors for negotiating the discount. He was offered Rs. 40,000 off on the list price of about 4,79,000 on that SDE model. Thankfully, Figo has been launched and his attention is diverted!

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 28th March 2010 at 12:23.
Old 28th March 2010, 12:48   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Thankfully, Figo has been launched and his attention is diverted!
This ensures that you would continue to be on good terms with your brother-in-law

Last edited by vikasb : 28th March 2010 at 12:49.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:09   #158
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... My BIL is not buying a Fiat but I know what you guys mean. In fact, the Figo is an excellent alternative to the Swift Diesel and the Vista sort of loses its USP of being the best family diesel hatchback because of the TDCI's driveability.
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

Hit a concrete block left behind by a truck on the crest of the Sarai Kale Khan flyover. Saw it in time but there was no space to swerve because of traffic. Wheel rim took the impact mostly (got bent) but could not assess if there was any sidewall crack. Tyre deflated within minutes totally, pulled up to the side and replaced the tyre.

Once again I thank my stars for being safe.

New rim: Rs 700/- or so I think.
New Tyre (if damaged): Rs 3,000/-.
Lesson learnt: Priceless.

If I'd had alloy wheels, the damage would have been Rs 7500/- or so for the alloy wheel, not to mention the waiting period.

Drive Safe!
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:12   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hit a concrete block left behind by a truck on the crest of the Sarai Kale Khan flyover. Saw it in time but there was no space to swerve because of traffic. Wheel rim took the impact mostly (got bent) but could not assess if there was any sidewall crack. Tyre deflated within minutes totally, pulled up to the side and replaced the tyre.

Once again I thank my stars for being safe.

Drive Safe!
Exactly same incident happened with me while driving my Palio 1.9 and my car's tyre side wall was busted, very little damage done to the Ally wheel still using that wheel at rear.We should be thankful to the strong lower arm for Palio,am sure no other hatch will sustain such impact.
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:54   #161
BHPian

Quote:
New rim: Rs 700/- or so I think.
New Tyre (if damaged): Rs 3,000/-.
Lesson learnt: Priceless.
Good to know that you are safe. Can you elaborate about the lesson learnt? Did you overspeed? The tyre had to be replaced or not?
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:17   #162
Senior - BHPian

Lesson Learnt, no matter how frustrated you are with Autos and Indicas climbing flyovers at 20 kph and blocking all lanes, don't overtake unless you're sure that it's absolutely safe. I could see that block and had space on the right but a two-wheeler on my blind spot was on my "mental map" and because of him I didn't move away from that block. Just 6 inches would have saved me.
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:27   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Lesson Learnt, no matter how frustrated you are with Autos and Indicas climbing flyovers at 20 kph and blocking all lanes, don't overtake unless you're sure that it's absolutely safe. I could see that block and had space on the right but a two-wheeler on my blind spot was on my "mental map" and because of him I didn't move away from that block. Just 6 inches would have saved me.
I feel it's just a bad day

I have 2 dents on my car and both due to trucks. Once an MCD truck hit on the right side near the fuel lid and in another case a stationary truck standing in front of my car at a red light started rolling back and touched the bonnet.
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:05   #164
Senior - BHPian

Tyre not replaced. There was a long crack, but not through and through, so air was not escaping. Still I put elfi over the crack.

The rim was straightened at a tyre shop, but after a thorough inspection and wheel alignment at Elegant Cars (Samyak). The shocker mounting still has play in it, but as per the ASC, I can continue driving until it increases.

Total cost, Rs 50/- for rim straightening and balancing.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:11   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre not replaced. There was a long crack, but not through and through, so air was not escaping. Still I put elfi over the crack.

The rim was straightened at a tyre shop, but after a thorough inspection and wheel alignment at Elegant Cars (Samyak). The shocker mounting still has play in it, but as per the ASC, I can continue driving until it increases.

Total cost, Rs 50/- for rim straightening and balancing.
In my opinion don't use this tyre at front use this as spare one.As crack will increase more and more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks