Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 20:30   #106
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss this thread. Such lovely photographs of the car. Specially the 2nd shot(side profile) is just amazing and the best of the lot. Way to go Rudra Sir, we need more of this drool.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:38   #107
BHPian

re: Five years of living with a Korean product - Chevrolet Optra

Wow!!! That's maintainence I say. Congratulations Rudra on a very well maintained Car. You are right about the Optra's drive too, it takes a little time to catch up when when you do then it just goes on!! Hats Off to you once more!!! All the way from the Himalays!!!
Old 5th July 2012, 14:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Exceptionally well maintained piece of automobile there Rudra sir.

Incidentally one of my close friends converted his black Optra's grille (2005 model) from the 3 piece to the second gen single piece one (personally like it a lot).

Any plans of updating them to that or to the latest version though must say the ones on yours still look good!

Any new changes in the present?
Old 5th July 2012, 19:38   #109
BHPian

Rudra Sir,
The write up was awesome, but I don't find myself capable of commenting on the pics! Just
I must admit that you have brought out the beauty of the car to the top most level here. Great maintenance also counts in that!
Hats off to you sir.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:01   #110
BHPian

When I posted the pics of my car, someone asked me if I take the car to a SPA for a treatment - I think mine is nothing. I was totally in awe when I saw this black beauty. The alloys are fabulous, I must say.

It feels so nice to see cars so well maintained. There is a friend of mine who owned the great looking yellow Palio with the extra rubber that made it look so cool and uber. Every time I saw him, I would look at his tyres with the hope that I can spot some dirt - nowhere else would I be able to. Even the floor mats or the rims - they are spotlessly clean every day. He was my inspiration to maintain my car.

I think some of you would agree - sometimes when its so dirty, you feel there are lot of things going wrong about the car and then when you drive it after a thorough cleaning, the car gets a 10 on 10!

Hats off for loving your car, Rudra and looking forward to the pics of the interior!
Old 8th March 2015, 07:59   #111
Team-BHP Support

Re: Five years of living with a Korean product - Chevrolet Optra

Rudra Da,

Your Car's upkeep & maintenance is done by Chevrolet ASC or at a competent FNG? What about parts? Are they available off the shelf? Regular consumables as well as others?

Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 09:28   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Your Car's upkeep & maintenance is done by Chevrolet ASC or at a competent FNG? What about parts? Are they available off the shelf? Regular consumables as well as others?
Extremely sorry Sheel to reply this so late. My sincere apology.

From 2011 end I've stopped visiting Chevrolet ASC. Just before driving down to Mumbai I went to ASC in Bangalore for timing belt change. Well, it wasn't a must then in terms of km coverage but I would have felt a little more comfortable (9 years/50k then). They wanted two days time for the work and I didn't have that time.

In Mumbai GTO took me to Select Auto Garage and I got my timing belt replaced.
His job was really good and since then I didn't look for ASC. Especially when I got a very casual and non committal response from Mumbai's large Chevrolet ASC - Nikhil Automobiles.

This time before driving back to Bangalore I went to Sunil Shanbag again and paid a large amount.
I feel this cost is justified at this stage because I'm not planning to sell this one soon.

Yes, you get all the parts off the shelf. I had to buy two items because of my bad luck. Resonator box mount clamp was broken (I don't know how) and it had to be replaced. Same goes for the air filter box as one of the cover bolt wouldn't come out. These two items came for close to 9.5k. Front left shock became weak and we changed both (15k with all the necessary items). One of the steering rubber boot was eaten up by the rats. Changed both the boots with all other necessary items. New spark plugs/Mobil1/oil filter/throttle body cleaning/Brake cleaning/small electrical work and we were on the road with a really tight car again.
Rudra Sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 16:46   #113
BHPian

Rudra Ji,

Appreciate the way you maintained your car.

I live in Hyderabad and came across a used 2006 Optra 1.6 petrol with 53k on ODO, single owner very neatly maintained, complete service track available and maintained only at A.S.C.

Would you suggest going with this car?

What would be the average maintenance cost, I would prefer my FNG over ASC, will I be able to source the spare parts outside.

My average run per month would be less than 300 kms and a planned 800 kms long drive once in a quarter.

I ride a 2001 Santro and will be keeping it besides this one if acquired. Do I have to change my driving style?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks