Team-BHP - Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/58088-bolero-storm-first-black-vlx-india-now-new-heart-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1577266)
Even I'm quite surprised Chief.

Anyways just came from the workshop. They have made the estimate after second check. Items gone are Right lower and upper arm, Chassis, Steering Knuckle and Motor and Rim. Total estimate along with labour is about 1.1L out of which parts are itself for 70K.

Might sound a bit sadist here but 1.1L for saving a moronic 2 wheeler rider:Frustrati. Dunno whether it was worth it.

OH MY GOD! :Shockked:

You should have just stayed put in Leh.

This is bad, sorry to hear what happened. Are they repairing or replacing the chasis? Will insurance cover the whole cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1577440)
This is bad, sorry to hear what happened. Are they repairing or replacing the chasis? Will insurance cover the whole cost?

ASC initially said they might just be able to repair it. I have said nothing doing please replace. As I understanding goes Any welding, heating or cutting will adversely impact the rigidity of this structural component and may adversely fail at a later point. So better to replace. Chassis is for some 39K.

Since the vehicle is 7 days more than 6 months, I will have to pay 5% depreciation on Metal parts and 50% on plastic. Don't know what is the deductible on labour. And all consumables to be paid my me.

You pay
1. 500rs, because we like to fleece you charge
2. 50% on plastics
3. 0% on glass
4. 5% on metal
5. 0% on labor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1577485)
ASC initially said they might just be able to repair it. I have said nothing doing please replace. As I understanding goes Any welding, heating or cutting will adversely impact the rigidity of this structural component and may adversely fail at a later point. So better to replace. Chassis is for some 39K.

Since the vehicle is 7 days more than 6 months, I will have to pay 5% depreciation on Metal parts and 50% on plastic. Don't know what is the deductible on labour. And all consumables to be paid my me.

True, it is better to replace the chasis than trying to repair. A biker saved and you end up paying for it. Slight OT here, I usually ride to work and the fact that I drive around a bit has immensely helped my road sense when on bike. Its like knowing both sides of a coin! I'm sure your black beauty will get back in shape soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1577614)
True, it is better to replace the chasis than trying to repair. A biker saved and you end up paying for it. Slight OT here, I usually ride to work and the fact that I drive around a bit has immensely helped my road sense when on bike. Its like knowing both sides of a coin! I'm sure your black beauty will get back in shape soon.

Thanks Man for the wishes.

Understand what you mean. Even I have a Honda Activa and like to ride. What amazes me here in Hyd is 95% of the bikes/2wheelers donot have mirrors and ride oblivious of whats happening around them. As a matter of fact most of them don't have licences also. And since policing is so lax, full Hyderabad Nawabi Style, people care two hoots.

MC, sorry to hear about your mishap-----bikers are the biggest menace in Hyd. As Ravvs said, it really pinches when you try to save someone's skin in such situations.

1.1 lacs looks pretty steep for a Mahindra! Anyways, wish you all the best for a speedy recovery of the Storm.

BTW, did the accident take place on the steep curve near Midtown Mall? That is the steepest curve on Road # 1, AFAIK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1577688)

1.1 lacs looks pretty steep for a Mahindra! Anyways, wish you all the best for a speedy recovery of the Storm.

BTW, did the accident take place on the steep curve near Midtown Mall? That is the steepest curve on Road # 1, AFAIK.

Thanks for the wishes Venu Sir!

1.1 L seems steep but still is cheap if you look the component pricing. While coming from GVK One to Nagarjuna Circle, there is a curve near Vengal Rao Park opposite Levi's showroom. It happened over there while getting into the curve.

God, that's terrible! Bloody frustrating when it happens due to no fault of yours. And Yes, insist & ensure on replacement, not repair.

Do get them to check out your Brake Pads as well. Wish your Black Storm speedy recovery!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1578365)
God, that's terrible! Bloody frustrating when it happens due to no fault of yours. And Yes, insist & ensure on replacement, not repair.

Do get them to check out your Brake Pads as well. Wish your Black Storm speedy recovery!

Thanks Suman da for the wishes :).

That is horrendous, Aniruddh!!! Wish your storm a speedy recovery.

Adding to the list Tanveer has put above, you might also have to shell out some "salvage" charges/ scrap value.

Anirudh, this is bad news indeed. However the brighter side of it for me is that you succeeded in saving the biker. Good job bro, a change in the chassis, a few other parts will have your Storm back on road, good as new. While they are at it get the brakes thoroughly checked by the folks at the dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1578883)
That is horrendous, Aniruddh!!! Wish your storm a speedy recovery.

Adding to the list Tanveer has put above, you might also have to shell out some "salvage" charges/ scrap value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 1578990)
Anirudh, this is bad news indeed. However the brighter side of it for me is that you succeeded in saving the biker. Good job bro, a change in the chassis, a few other parts will have your Storm back on road, good as new. While they are at it get the brakes thoroughly checked by the folks at the dealership.

Thanks for the wishes Anurag and Suren Anna.

The brakes are past the dealership level. Been having problem with them since day 1 of purchase. They have tried everything including tweaking various settings and changing brake liners et al but to no avail. So they are bringing some team from Plant for this. Let's see what comes out of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1577696)
While coming from GVK One to Nagarjuna Circle, there is a curve near Vengal Rao Park opposite Levi's showroom. It happened over there while getting into the curve.

Yup, that's the one I was referring to---it is right opp Midtown Mall---nobody notices that poor Mall :Frustrati

They will need to take off the body to repair the Chassis and Front Suspension and will roughly take 15 days.[/quote]

MM, Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I had gone through this few times with my first Bolero, all due to some ones fault. Since they are removing the body, there is every chance the seat, seat covers, the ceiling etc going to get messed with grease, dirt etc. So make sure you get those things organised with the workshop fellows. But surprising part is the chassis, bolero chassis are rock solid, looking at the vehicle, it does not look that bad at all.