Team-BHP - Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/58088-bolero-storm-first-black-vlx-india-now-new-heart-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 1292583)
so Ani, ar eyou getting one of the most essential accessories- a car fridge :D

I was wondering who is going to ask this question first. Himanshu you beat all to it:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1292624)
Hidden Feature of the Bolero "Car Fridge":D
With the A/C running, glove box becomes absolutely chilled. Purpose of glove box is going to get redefined stupid:

That's super. But, thats only the chiller what about ice cube generation? Now don't tell me there is a link from dashboard to your cup holders and ice will be formed in the samelol:

So which date to be blocked for Storm's Shanti Puja Party?....LOL

Congrats Dude - Welcome to the Storm Family

Coorg? Are you passing by Blr? Buzz me

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1291391)
Hearty Congratulations Anirudha...so can understand your enthu to drive to Coorg now..to take the storm all the way there.
Now for the pics man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajagopal_j (Post 1292604)
Excellent buy Sir!

Loved the car when I TDed it along with the very many sedans.

We had a Bolero SLX before and when I TDed the storm, I could make out the huge step up. Loved it and wanted to get it. But 2 things stopped me!

1. I got the, be more responsible, speech from the missus. "Raj, we are moving up the family ladder with a baby on the way. We cant be like nomads. Thats the past, now we have to be responsible, we will buy a sedan."
2. Somehow the VFM factor was a big nag on the brain. a Bolero VLX costs 8L for the same price I could get a linea top end. Well thats what I did!

Plus I had another 2L to spend, so I was not very convinced that the Bolero Vlx was worth 8L when a scorpio top end was available for 10+. Not a big fan of the scorpio but still in terms of relative VFM!

BUT trust me, the Bolero was the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would throw anything at it, be it long boring flat highways or the perambikullam/wayanad forest, ghat sections, 17 hr continuous trips, whatever, it would happily crunch miles and come along with no qualms, albeit at its own pace.

Just loved it!!

Well in my case it was the missus who insisted that we get the Bolero. Our journey started with Bolero Camper and ended at the VLX. In between the buying process I was getting tempted to go for the Fiesta Sports but was restrained by these sagely word from the better half "We will not change and will keep traveling through pot holed roads. Let us not buy something that will restrict our movement and make us regret our decision"

Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1292615)
Should be. It was not looking like any User Gita (err Manual):D

He he

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1292645)
Wow, it looks gorgeous. Stick to stock is my mantra too.

+1 to Himanshu after 18th is fine by me.

BTW is Springdale any 'good' ;). It must be, considering that you insist on parking your cars in front of it.

Cheers,

Springdale is ok as per Bidisha but for everyone's knowledge is run by a young girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1292667)
I was wondering who is going to ask this question first. Himanshu you beat all to it:p

That's super. But, thats only the chiller what about ice cube generation? Now don't tell me there is a link from dashboard to your cup holders and ice will be formed in the samelol:

So which date to be blocked for Storm's Shanti Puja Party?....LOL

My storm doesnot need any shanti puja, LOL

Congrats MC. That is my dad's favorite vehicle, he might envy you for this :D . Wishing you lots of safe miles ahead with the "STORM" :). Take care

Cheers/Shyam

Who's Shanti? Puja? Bidisha know about em?:P

I am with Avi and Himanshu. Where is the party at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1292869)
My storm doesnot need any shanti puja, LOL

Shanti Pooja is a saying !!!

It means you need to do a pooja to give shanti to envious and jealous batakti hui aatma's (like us) in a place like Club 8 with loads of Chilly Prawns to fuel the agni for the pooja so your new car is safe from evil prying eyesstupid:

the "Storm" just completed her running in. Odo reading 1043KM.

Touched 140kmph at about 3k RPM.

Handled beautifully on the bad stretches of NH7. Very good brakes. Kept up with Safari and M-Hawk. Body highly stable.

Absolutely loving every moment of it!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1294100)
Shanti Pooja is a saying !!!

It means you need to do a pooja to give shanti to envious and jealous batakti hui aatma's (like us) in a place like Club 8 with loads of Chilly Prawns to fuel the agni for the pooja so your new car is safe from evil prying eyesstupid:

Cheers mobike!! clap:That will definitely help condemn the evil prying eyes! hehe...

Hi MC congrats on your new buy its very nice, can you please post pics of the engine bay please..

I have now had the Storm for exactly 2 weeks and these 2 weeks have been a revelation for me of the Storm and covered quite a few miles. So thought about sharing my experience. I bought the Storm because of my wanderlust and the utilitarian look and feel of it apart from it go-anywhere attitude suited my style. Before buying I had a 10KM TD of the car and had liked the pick-up but had felt a bit of body roll and bumpiness in the ride. I had also read as many reviews as possible about the Bolero (Not many were forthcoming about the VLX) in order to prepare me for the things that are not so acceptable in Jap/ European sedans and hatchbacks like high amount of body roll, doesn't go too fast, has a harsh ride, high NVH levels, no steering feel at high speeds and what not.

And boy, was I wrong or what!

Engine: The engine is a bundle of joy and reservoir of torque. Even though on papers, the storm might just produce 97 BHP, it is the manner in which these 97 horses are deployed, that makes it soo much fun to drive, city or highway irrespective. The torque, all 255 Nm of it is deployed from 1800-2200 RPM. You may be pottering around town at 40KMPH on 4th gear doing about 1K RPM when suddenly you get pissed at the racer boy who cut you in his modded 800/zen/santro with fat tyres, fat exhaust and loud bling music, and decide to teach him a lesson. No downshifting, no working the gears, all you need to do is just press the throttle. The Storm in no time is doing about 80KMPH at 2k RPM and the racer boy is a spec in the RVM.

Suspension: The suspension system has been the most pleasant surprise of all. I had been reading quite a bit about how the suspension system is archaic and only smoothens out when lot of load is put on it. Not so in the Storm. M&M have put the IFS with coil springs from the scorpio and mated with the Bolero's rear to produce a one of the best suspension systems in its price range and class. On my way to Madikere a certain section of absolutely bad roads, where sedans where cautiously treading at 30kmph, I was happily without discomfort doing 80kmph and loving every moment of it. The Storm is so stable on being thrown into the corners in the ghat sections, that it builds up your confidence and pushes the driver. I have pushed the Storm upto 150KMPH (indicated) and no body roll, no flexing, absolutely stable like a rock.

Driveability: Before the Storm, my previous maximum in a day was only about 600 Kms, but all that has changed now. I did close to 900 kms in about 17 hours with power naps and short breaks and I still was rearing to go for more. The driving positions is well designed for the driver to have a good view of the surrounding and as said by a Scorpio driver "look down upon people driving in hatch backs and sedans". Overtaking and getting way in the traffic has become much more easire with the Bolero than it was with my Uno. The other day I was driving the Uno and it felt like as if I was sitting on the street. I guess I hae got used to driving an SUV.

Service Network / Dealerships: This is the thing that takes the cake. Before buying the Storm I had experienced the Mahindra Service network and I was all praises for it. After buying the Storm, the experience is only improving. :thumbs up To the Mahindra service

to be cont'd....(with dislikes and irritants)

Hey MC

Belated congratulations! Somehow I'd missed this thread so far. The Bolero really looks stunning in black. Keep posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1310349)
Hey MC

Belated congratulations! Somehow I'd missed this thread so far. The Bolero really looks stunning in black. Keep posting.

Thanks!

This is how the car looks after a quick wash at the dealership

Congratulations MC, your report is really an eye opener for people like me who have always liked the Bolero but havent known too many users to get the true picture.
Looking forward to the next part of your report.

Phenomenal Stuff MileCruncher. It feels good that the both of us kind of started hunting for our respective cars at about the same time and both ended up in the Mahindra Camp. That said, it was the Bolero all the way for me - until the whole Scorpio price reduction happened.

You dont ever have to be careful with this one.

And it looks like we are both hurtling towards completing our 100k kms within the 4 year period (if you have taken the extended warranty)!

cheers