Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 19:15   #376
BHPian

Congrats Jayanth on getting married. Wishing you a very happy married life and long romantic drives
Old 8th September 2010, 20:51   #377
Senior - BHPian

all the best for your installation - for your getz crdi i mean.
And Very Best Wishes for your promotion from Bachelor's to Master's
Old 8th September 2010, 21:16   #378
BHPian

Congrats Jayanth. Wish you a happy married life buddy.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:37   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats Jayanth on getting married. Wishing you a very happy married life and long romantic drives
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
all the best for your installation - for your getz crdi i mean.
And Very Best Wishes for your promotion from Bachelor's to Master's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Congrats Jayanth. Wish you a happy married life buddy.
Thanks a ton! And yes, the drive's gonna continue like always - right from the honeymoon onwards, will keep the thread updated
Old 9th September 2010, 10:11   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Am still awaiting the JL 450/4 amp to start work. Installation will be in October at best. Will keep the thread posted

The install, for both the ICE and the projectors, would be DIY
Which wiring kit and RCA's have you planned for ?

Congratulations and wish you a happy married life.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:44   #381
Senior - BHPian

donarun:
The set he has bought contains wiring kit. Kindly check website for full details.

Jayanth:
OT: Many congratulations bro. I wish you both a very haaappppy married life.

Last edited by djay99 : 9th September 2010 at 14:45.
Old 10th September 2010, 18:29   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
donarun:
The set he has bought contains wiring kit. Kindly check website for full details.
The kit you mentioning is the 2DIN kit for the HU whereas I was asking abt the amplifier wiring kit and RCA interconnects.
Old 12th September 2010, 01:07   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Congratulations and wish you a happy married life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Jayanth:
OT: Many congratulations bro. I wish you both a very haaappppy married life.
Thanks guys!! Will post some pics soon - thanks to all the C-BHPians who made it / wished me

For the audio stuff, haven't gotten as far as wiring / RCA yet. Need to still get the huge 450/4 down here!

The HID kit comes with pretty much everything you need - except for the tool / accessories you need for modding the stock reflector!
Old 14th October 2010, 00:44   #384

Boom Boom VGT VGT !!!

He He.... hey all nice to see the Getz CRDi fans posting actively. I was not participating for quite sometime as I was busy driving my Rocket. I am nearing 20000 kms and its hardly 11 months old!!! Trust me its irresistible. I am in mumbai these days and drove to Lonavala... Haaaa even the best mountain climbers on earth need to rethink their achievements!!!!

Here are some pics....

Well i have got the VGT badge on both sides now... You can see it in the second pic. Just above the right fender indicator.

Also I have an Alpine X303 Head units, powering an Infinity Front components and Hertz 10" sub woofer via JBL 4 channel amplifier, 4 RCA kit wiring (make JBL). Rear speakers are co-axial vibes 6.5" speakers not routed via amplifier . I have installed all speakers on the factory provided slots. The unit is rocking and my next upgrade will be a Mono block Amplifier for the sub-woofer and the 2 channels freed from JBL 4 channel amp. I have made USB slot provision just like in i20 so that i don't have any cable between my hand and gear. would start powering my rear vibes speakers. Any suggestions for Mono block amps???

Well i am also getting my steering leather wrapped with wooden insert, like in sonata transform, it costs around 4500 in mumbai. saw few samples and was happy with that. Trying really hard for steering integrated media controls and Fip type remote lock keys, similar to i20!!!! Will update you all sooner!!

Drive safely.
Attached Thumbnails
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-1.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-2.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-3.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-sbtb04_sonata7.jpg  

Old 19th October 2010, 17:51   #385

The Knight Rider!

Finally, after a month and half after the installation - here are the Pix (and I know quite a few of them)

Thanks to Sameer's inspiration on the white CRDi monster, who did the first installation with black matt finish; My friends and I did a similar upgrade to my Kight Rider.

We put Matt Black finish in the HeadLamp assembly (leaving the reflective bits). The Kit is what I bought from Ebay, it is a 5000K HID Projector unit (see the specs on the box) with Blue Angel Eyes, and a Remote-operated Halo Light (7 colours)

Thanks Abhi, Anand(Pedal2Metal), Ashwin, Sasi, Shekar and Sudeept for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6588.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6593.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6594.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6609.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6612.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6615.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6616.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6619.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6621.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6623.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6624.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6632.jpg  

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-cimg6629.jpg  

Old 10th December 2010, 15:09   #386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started! (Hyundai Getz CRDi) - To Kanyakumari Dt. and back: Pics on Pg2

^How much did you buy the kit for?

Does it come with just 1-2 color options as well? I dont want the reds and the greens.
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:31   #387
Senior - BHPian

A Wedding, A Honeymoon, A Funeral - and the rocket in the middle of the action!

It is close to 4 months since I updated my ownership thread. In fact, I did not get to login to TBHP itself for most of the last two months. So here comes the updates...

A Wedding, A Honeymoon, A Funeral - and the rocket in the middle of the action!

The Wedding

After more than year of courtship, I married my beloved on 10th of September 2010. The prelude to the wedding itself was nail-biting, to say the least.

My father was diagnosed with Cancer in January of 2010. While he was pretty stable, even showing signs of progress, things took a downturn in August end, and the hit the bottom in September 1st - he has internal bleeding, and was shifted to CCU. Doctors won't comment beyond "48 hours", nobody is even thinking of the wedding that is coming up in 10 days.

Being a man of extreme mental strength, and thanks to the Gods we have been praying, he pulled out of danger and was shifted to his room couple of days later. But him making it to the wedding hall was ruled out by the doctors.

Fellow BHPians who graced the reception (9the September) AND got clicked:

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-1.jpg
Hotrod, Mr. Bean, Headers, Pras.Oct25, neoranjit...

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-2.jpg
Blue Thunder

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-3.jpg
Deep and Arka (ex670c)

I know of at least two BHPians who did not get clicked - Petrol Head and Raghav.

After the wedding (10th September), the we headed straight to the hospital and got my dad's blessings.
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-img_1412.jpg
I replaced the hospital background in this one. Knowing my dad, he wouldn't approve the hospital look

This is a 6+ feet tall man who was 120+ Kg. He lost about 50 Kg in a matter of 2 - 3 months. He blessed us, and asked us to get started on our Honeymoon. I had no plans for a honeymoon while he was in the hospital - but you can never argue with dad. He wins. Period.

He was to be discharged on 13th. We set on our Honeymoon on the 12th. Enter my beloved Getz!

The Honeymoon plan is to stay two days each in Munnar (13-14 Sep), a Boathouse in the backwaters of Vembanadu lake (15-16 Sep), and The Leela in Kovalam (17-18 Sep). Touch Nagercoil (halt for night of 19th Sep), and return back to Chennai on the 20th evening. An approx trace of the ~1700 KM drive:
Name:  route.png
Views: 2200
Size:  167.5 KB

More on the trip tomorrow...
Old 3rd January 2011, 08:56   #388
Senior - BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)-A Wedding, A Honeymoon and A Funeral (Pg 26

Congratulations for your marriage and I wish your father a speedy recovery. This has the makings of a good story, keep it coming.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:16   #389
Senior - BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)-A Wedding, A Honeymoon and A Funeral (Pg 26

Wow! I loved the sherwani. Congrats on your wedding. Heres wishing you guys a happy married life.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:17   #390
BHPian

Jayanth-: Congrats on your marriage. Wishing you a very Happy Married life

The circumstances mentioned were really hard, but the strength shown by your dad was amazing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks