Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 08:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your Desire fulfilled by Dzire. Could you post some interior pics of your car?

Which diesel you are using? Normal or some Extra Premium. What is advisable to use in Dzire? FE figures?
Old 24th October 2009, 01:22   #32
BHPian

"goandude" are you sure you mentioned Rs.380/- for a pair of bulb ?
I need a pair for my santro but someone quoted almost double for philips essential vision series ?

is there a online store to buy these ?
Old 24th October 2009, 10:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
"goandude" are you sure you mentioned Rs.380/- for a pair of bulb ?
I need a pair for my santro but someone quoted almost double for philips essential vision series ?

is there a online store to buy these ?
Yes Im most definite 380/- for two bulbs.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
OK guys after going through varios threads on this forum got hella wiring harness MRP 806/- and Phillips essential power bulbs 380/- a pair. results in the following pics. One crib is that lights could be aimed a bit higher but no adjustment is available.
Does this harness includes Relay too? And the bulbs are Rally one? If so does it void warranty?
Old 28th October 2009, 09:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
Does this harness includes Relay too? And the bulbs are Rally one? If so does it void warranty?
The harness and relay come together.
Bulbs are 100/90 but do not have the "rally" name on it.
Now bulbs by themselves do not void warranty. The whole alteration to the electrical system would. but it is an awfully easy Plug and Play devise without any cutting of original wires. So in case of any electrical snafu, I would disconnect the harness, plug in original bulbs and voila... back to OEM
Old 28th October 2009, 11:09   #36
BHPian

goandude, Congratulation on your new Dzire.

I thought the VDI comes with steering mounted controls. Doesn’t it? Also from the picks, it looks like blue light. Is it?

From my experience, the blues are good for city driving but on highways it reduces the visibility.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
goandude, Congratulation on your new Dzire.

I thought the VDI comes with steering mounted controls. Doesn’t it? Also from the picks, it looks like blue light. Is it?

From my experience, the blues are good for city driving but on highways it reduces the visibility.
Steering mounted controls come with ZDi ZXI :(
The light is not blue. it is more whitish compared to the yellow of the 60/55. the visibility is really good now. made a good decision to upgrade as it is a safety issue.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

4 months 7000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Congrats for your Desire fulfilled by Dzire. Could you post some interior pics of your car?

Which diesel you are using? Normal or some Extra Premium. What is advisable to use in Dzire? FE figures?
Pics below.
Normal diesel.
FE highway 22.xx, bangalore 14.xx, Goa 18.xx

Today have completed 4 monts of ownership of the VDI and it has been an exhilarating 7000 km experience. The car is fantastic on both performance and economy. touch wood no rattles yet. The boot is huge but as has been pointed out, the hinges protrude into the boot reducing usable space. on my last trip to Bangalore the boot was full with heavy stuff yet there was no decrease in performance. Went through some very horrid roads on the way back. read about it here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1584785 but came away unscathed.
The 100/90 phillips essential vision bulbs made night driving a tension free experience. however had a surprise when after 2 hrs or night driving the headlights failed to obey stalk commands. but this righted itself spontanously. discussed here:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1575303
Attached Thumbnails
Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-front-rear.jpg  

Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-dashboard.jpg  

Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-front-seats.jpg  

Old 7th January 2010, 09:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

10k km 3rd service Dzire VDI

Hi Team,

needed to post my experience post 3rd free service after 10 k km with my Dzire. The costs of maintenance, FE figures and accessories are in the attached excel sheet. So I would let the figures do the talking.

The car had been trouble free till date barring the tendency to pull to the left and the fact that the right of the car is a tad lower than the left. The clutch had become a little hard. thankfully no rattles. In spite of some really horrid roads.

Bought 3 x one litre Valvoline 15 W 40 CH4 oil before I took the car for service and the SA was kind enough to let me be there for the oil change and air filter inspection. I was particularly interested to know if my strong magnets attached to the oil drain plug had attracted any mettalic things to it. but it was clean, nothing attached to the plug. Wait for the 20 k km to report on the MT drain plug which has another magnet.

The air filter was dirty (duh), but a indirect blow with compressed air in the reverse direction of air flow removed a lot of gunk. and pronounced fit for another 10k kms.

Took the car for a spin before clearing the bill. First thing I noticed was the clutch pedal had become very smooth. The gear shift which was a delight anyway, became even smoother, There was no change in engine noise or vibrations. every thing else felt the same including the turbo boost.

Mods: could you please move this to Long term ownership reports and change the title
Attached Files
File Type: xls Dzire VDI.xls (26.0 KB, 1063 views)
Old 18th January 2010, 10:27   #40
BHPian

@ Goandude. Please let me know if the engine oil "Engine oil Valvoline CH 4" is recommended by Maruti or the is it just the right oil which gives the best performance of Dzire.

Apart from just draining the used oil, did they clean the oil tank before they added new oil?

The sad part of my Dzire is I have never been able to extract the mileage that you have extracted. The maximum I have got is 18 Kmpl. I always filled it from Shell and same the bunk. This time surely will switch over to Indian Oil, as recommended by many folks here on TBHP.

I also see in your excel sheet that you have added "Bardhal Eng Oil additive". Is this helping you to get good mileage?

The clutch has gone hard on my vehicle too. Was there anything specific done to ease this out or just the normal service.

Apart from the normal service the service guys do, is there something that needs attention during/after service before settling the bills considering i have no major problems with the vehicle.

These are few questions I can remember off now. Will post queries if I have any as my vehicle is due for 3rd service in 2 weeks time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...dzire-vdi.html

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 18th January 2010 at 10:29.
Old 20th January 2010, 08:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@ Goandude. Please let me know if the engine oil "Engine oil Valvoline CH 4" is recommended by Maruti or the is it just the right oil which gives the best performance of Dzire. Maruti reccommends CG4 and I used CH4 as it is a higher specification.

Apart from just draining the used oil, did they clean the oil tank before they added new oil? No they only drain the oil completely before refilling.

The sad part of my Dzire is I have never been able to extract the mileage that you have extracted. The maximum I have got is 18 Kmpl. I always filled it from Shell and same the bunk. This time surely will switch over to Indian Oil, as recommended by many folks here on TBHP. I think shell is good too. but more important is the way you drive and the taffic. In goa roads are quite clear and on highway i try to keep to 100 kmph

I also see in your excel sheet that you have added "Bardhal Eng Oil additive". Is this helping you to get good mileage? This was added during first service. dont think it made much difference. but cant really say as these things are so subjective.

The clutch has gone hard on my vehicle too. Was there anything specific done to ease this out or just the normal service. no normal service.

Apart from the normal service the service guys do, is there something that needs attention during/after service before settling the bills considering i have no major problems with the vehicle. nothing really

These are few questions I can remember off now. Will post queries if I have any as my vehicle is due for 3rd service in 2 weeks time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...dzire-vdi.html
Hope the bold print answers your querries.
Old 20th January 2010, 09:16   #42
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs, I shall post the experience post the service.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

15000 km and going strong

Done 15,000 kms now. Found that the oil level had dropped to the min mark on the dip stick. There were no oil leaks. Changed the air filter.

Had the Carnation "service on your doorstep" guys over and they changed the oil and oil filter (250/- for labor) topped up the battery and the brake fluid. Replacement engine oil was "Mobil Delvac 1300" 240/- per litre.
Car is running very well. no rattles yet. did goa- bangalore - mumbai in Feb March and Mumbai Bangy Mumbai last week. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2028520

I'm getting 23 kmpl on highway with 90% AC. and 16 - 18 in city. My daily commute in mUmbai is very little, the engine doesn't reach operating temp by the time i switch off.
Got leather steering cover, gear boot and hand brake grip in Karlson leather. The feel is terrific. No other expenses.

Mods: could you change the location of this thread to long term report.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Pics of the Karlsson leather steering grip, gear boot and HB grip.
Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1000832.jpg

Sticker on rear quarter glass
Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1000834.jpg

A seat in the showroom , looked racy.
Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1000581.jpg

Mobil Delvac 1300 good so far.
Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1000608.jpgLong awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1000609.jpg
Old 13th December 2010, 20:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

17500 KM and engine keeps sipping oil

Mods. could you shift this to Long term report if it is eligible. Thanks.

During the 15000 km service the oil level had gone to mil level on dipstick.
After a lot of research into this found that oil upto 0.15% of fuel burnt is OK. One of the references is here http://www.anst.ca/download/OilConsu...hureNA2010.pdf i.e. if you have driven distance with 100 litres of diesel, 150 ml of oil consumtion is ok. FE is constantly 20 with 80% highway drives. My mumbai commutes are 2 km /day. no smoke from exhaust and no leaks.

Now after 2500 km of driving oil is down like this pic shows. Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1010192.jpg

My question is do I top up? Or wait till the car becomes due for 20k service and show the fall in oil levels to service center?
Needless to say i will monitor oil level frequently.

PS. I'm due for a mumbai bangy mumbai run and a mumbai panchgani mumbai run later this month

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks