Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 17:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
KC, congratulations on your italian beauty, white looks awesome along with red and Eblue.Nothing to say about its suspention and steering feedback as all know, good to hear that you are enjoying her at its fullest and FE you are getting is superb.Any major difference in her ride quality from first few kms till now 4ks.
Thank you Vijaythacker..!Yeah,the suspension and the steering feedback are far ahead of other cars Personally,I didn't feel any major difference in the ride quality of the car,may be some other Punto owners can put some light on the same

By the way a million thanks to the moderators for changing the title

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th October 2009 at 17:24.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

kc, what i was asking was the cabin noise, engine and tyre noiseas well inside cabin after few kms run, has it got down and lesser compare to new car, as that was what i found on my TD car, more of incabin noise from engine and tyres.
Old 26th October 2009, 18:28   #33
BHPian

Thanks brother.I have almost made up my mind and most probably I'll be going to Concorde for next service.Yeah,its a GB plate.Replaced the original plate using Photoshop

You can also try HYSON motors in Trichur which would be closest to you if you are coming from calicut.

Last edited by jaisha8 : 26th October 2009 at 18:29. Reason: Spelling
Old 28th October 2009, 15:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Klub Klass, my friend wants to pick up a Bossanova white punto, and I would like you to clarify,

Does the clear coat on the roof peel of on the mentioned colour?

Also, there was a thread running someplace here that mentions Bossanova white will be replaced with Mint white, any clue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
kc, what i was asking was the cabin noise, engine and tyre noiseas well inside cabin after few kms run, has it got down and lesser compare to new car, as that was what i found on my TD car, more of incabin noise from engine and tyres.
Sorry brother..!According to my observations, the engine noise has come down a bit but the tyre noise still persists :( Tyre noise is distracting at high speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
You can also try HYSON motors in Trichur which would be closest to you if you are coming from calicut.
Thank you Jaisha8 for suggesting Hyson Motors.But most probably I'll be going to Concorde Motors as my home town is just 10-15 kms away from Ernakulam

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Klub Klass, my friend wants to pick up a Bossanova white punto, and I would like you to clarify,

Does the clear coat on the roof peel of on the mentioned colour?

Also, there was a thread running someplace here that mentions Bossanova white will be replaced with Mint white, any clue?

Thanks in advance.

We have not yet faced any issues with the paint quality of our car.We have not done any special coating on our car,and the paint on the roof have not peeled off and there is no signs of deterioration of paint
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

6000 KM Update

I'm very happy to say you all that our car has clocked more than 6000+KM.Yeah,I am a 99.9 % satisfied Fiat Customer.

So here is my small 6000 KM report.

+ Now we're getting an average mileage of 14-19 km/l in a variety of terrains.I get almost 14-16 km/l with very spirited driving and 17-19 km/l with very sedate driving and gets 20+ km/l in highways with sedate driving.
* All figures with 100% A/C ON

+ Love the "Speed Volume feature".It's really awesome and I don't have a any need to frequently change the volume.

+ The Blue and Me is very useful.Initially i had some problems in understanding the accent when the messages were read out by the system.But now I can easily understand it

+ The Radio AM reception is very good when compared to my older cars (Maruti Esteem,Fiat Uno,Fiat Palio etc)

- High Tire Noise :- Except for the high levels of tire noise we are enjoying our Fiat Grande Punto to the max.

- The right windshield washer nozzle stopped working unexpectedly and we opened the hood we saw this one (See the pic)

Fixed it myself for the time being using a empty pen-refill of appropriate size.I will get it fixed ASAP from the service point.

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc09740.jpg

Moderators Please Note :- Please change the title to "Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 E+ : 6000+Kms Update"

Here are some snaps of our beauty :-) Please do let me know your comments and critics :-) Thanks in advance

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc093342.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc088941.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc08913.jpg

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass

Moderators Please Note :- Please change the title to "Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 E+ : 6000+Kms Update"

Last edited by Klub Class : 23rd November 2009 at 21:38.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

I think you need to change to Michelins to reduce the road noise.
Good to know that you're happy with the car so far.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Clocking the miles pretty fast KC . I'm still waiting for my engine noise to go down - my odo is at 2000+ km.

Nice pics once again.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 23rd November 2009 at 22:14.
Old 24th November 2009, 07:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I think you need to change to Michelins to reduce the road noise.
Good to know that you're happy with the car so far.
Thanks a lot CleverMax.Yeah I need to change the tires to Michelin :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Clocking the miles pretty fast KC . I'm still waiting for my engine noise to go down - my odo is at 2000+ km.

Nice pics once again.

Thank you Sdp1975.This happens when you get a robust and solid car to drive :-P.
I'm glad that you liked the pictures.

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass

Last edited by Klub Class : 24th November 2009 at 07:48.
Old 24th November 2009, 13:59   #40
BHPian

nice to hear! it looks like the Punto owners are a much satisfied lot in comparison to the linea fellows, going by a spate of recent fiat bashing posts touch wood .. enjoy the drive & many more happy miles!
Old 26th November 2009, 14:11   #41

I've managed to clock 3200+ in my MJD the last 3 months Sent the car for the first service at Worli today. I keep hearing that the mileage gets better after the first service, so am anxious to see how it works out; I'm already getting 22+ on the highway, and around 12-13 in the city with the AC on.

@Clevermax: What's the better option on reducing tyre noise? Nitrogen or the Michelins?
Old 26th November 2009, 14:52   #42
BHPian

I replaced in my car to Michelins and tire noise reduced to around 70%.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Sorry brother..!According to my observations, the engine noise has come down a bit but the tyre noise still persists :( Tyre noise is distracting at high speeds.
try changing your tyres to michelins or yokos for better grips and lesser noise level, i think michelins would do the job perfectly.
Those are some cool pictures of your car mate, keep updating and enjoy your ride.FE seems to be good too.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

Cheers

What a delightful car. This car makes me drool everytime I look at it. Really well maintained too. Wishing you lot of miles of joy.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:26   #45
BHPian

Congrats on the 6K dude. Let the present tyres run their course and then go for Michelins LC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks