Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 16:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Amazing pics. love the photoshop skills.
Any idea abt tire upgrades?
Old 26th November 2009, 16:42   #47
BHPian

Hi,

what is this speed volume feature. I have not seen this feature in my punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I'm very happy to say you all that our car has clocked more than 6000+KM.Yeah,I am a 99.9 % satisfied Fiat Customer.

So here is my small 6000 KM report.

+ Now we're getting an average mileage of 14-19 km/l in a variety of terrains.I get almost 14-16 km/l with very spirited driving and 17-19 km/l with very sedate driving and gets 20+ km/l in highways with sedate driving.
* All figures with 100% A/C ON

+ Love the "Speed Volume feature".It's really awesome and I don't have a any need to frequently change the volume.

+ The Blue and Me is very useful.Initially i had some problems in understanding the accent when the messages were read out by the system.But now I can easily understand it

+ The Radio AM reception is very good when compared to my older cars (Maruti Esteem,Fiat Uno,Fiat Palio etc)

- High Tire Noise :- Except for the high levels of tire noise we are enjoying our Fiat Grande Punto to the max.

- The right windshield washer nozzle stopped working unexpectedly and we opened the hood we saw this one (See the pic)

Fixed it myself for the time being using a empty pen-refill of appropriate size.I will get it fixed ASAP from the service point.

Attachment 233241

Moderators Please Note :- Please change the title to "Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 E+ : 6000+Kms Update"

Here are some snaps of our beauty :-) Please do let me know your comments and critics :-) Thanks in advance

Attachment 233249

Attachment 233250

Attachment 233252

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass

Moderators Please Note :- Please change the title to "Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 E+ : 6000+Kms Update"
Old 24th December 2009, 23:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

7500 Km Update

It's a high time since i have updated this thread.Just wanted to tell you all that our car has clocked 7500 Km

No pictures this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats on the 6K dude. Let the present tyres run their course and then go for Michelins LC.
Yeah exactly,That's what we're planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy. Amazing pics. love the photoshop skills.
Any idea abt tire upgrades?
Thank you...I'm glad that you liked the pictures.But not exactly PhotoShop.I ain't an expert in PhotoShop.

I just adjusted the contrast and colors in Picasa 3.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
Hi,

what is this speed volume feature. I have not seen this feature in my punto.
Well,When we switch on the speed volume,the volume of the music automatically goes up and down in accordance with noise interference.

To Enable it

1)Press the Menu button,which is located on the extreme right bottom of the stereo unit.
2)Scroll through the menus,you will be able to see "Speed Volume"
3)Change the settings to either "Low" / "High" - It denotes the sensitivity of this feature.
4)That's it..You're done

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass.

Moderator's Note :- Please do change the title to - "Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 E+ : 7500 Km"

Last edited by Klub Class : 24th December 2009 at 23:32. Reason: Added a note to Moderators
Old 27th December 2009, 08:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Just came in to share a picture of our Fiat Grande Punto with you :-).As I had mentioned earlier,I find myself happy driving our car.

Thanks a ton to my friend CleverMax for sparing his quality time for processing my picture.Hope that you all like it.

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-fiat_gp_klubclass_amithes.jpg

Meanwhile I would like to thank the moderators for changing the title of the thread.

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Old 27th December 2009, 10:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Here's the b/w processing of the same picture hotlinked from the auto image thread...

clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2009, 22:07   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb picture there of the white. Is the picture cropped by any chance ?

If you have the uncropped picture please post it
Old 27th December 2009, 22:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

I don't think it is cropped. That's the frame.... If he had an SLR with a wide angle lens, it could 've been framed beautifully.
Old 27th December 2009, 22:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I don't think it is cropped. That's the frame.... If he had an SLR with a wide angle lens, it could 've been framed beautifully.
I think that Nkrishnap was asking for a larger version,wasn't you..?Meanwhile it's not a cropped one.

If yes,then the answer is No.I am really sorry my friend, i had send him a lower resolution picture to process.So i have to make my friend CleverMax to edit the high-resolution picture over again. :-(

Apologies.
Old 9th January 2010, 07:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

A small query..!!

Our Fiat Grande Punto is doing good with more than 8000 kms in the odo.But,I have got nothing much to update here.

+ Gettting an overall mileage of aroung 15-17 with 100% A/C ON.Blame my spirited driving for low mileage figures

- Some couple of days back,A Zen guy "kissed" the rear end of our Punto.Now,the reverse light console is a bit loose.So,I gotta get it fixed it from the Service Centre.

Meanwhile the stock speakers are not that good and it fails at times to impress me.It doesn't serve me well as I am a kinda serious listener.I usually prefer Rock songs,Instrumentals and all.

So I just want to ask you all a doubt."Is it possible for us to change the speakers in our car.?".Will it after the working of Blue&Me in anyway?Meanwhile has anyone tried changing the speakers in Fiat Linea Emotion Pack or Fiat GP Emotion Pack.?

Have a great weekend

Regards
Amith aka KlubCLass
Old 9th January 2010, 10:33   #55
BHPian

Hi Amith. Great photos and you are doing some mile crunching there. You can change the stock speakers and it will not affect the B&Me as it is mated with the HU. Problems will occur only if you try to change the HU from un-authorised dealer. If you want heavy bass and sharp highs, then you will need to add and amp as well, because IMHO, the stock HU is simply not capable of providing such performance.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Hi Amith. Great photos and you are doing some mile crunching there. You can change the stock speakers and it will not affect the B&Me as it is mated with the HU. Problems will occur only if you try to change the HU from un-authorised dealer. If you want heavy bass and sharp highs, then you will need to add and amp as well, because IMHO, the stock HU is simply not capable of providing such performance.
Thanks a lot NutsNBolts.

I'm glad that you liked the pictures and thanks a ton for clearing my doubt too.I had thought that changing the speakers would affect the working of 'Blue and Me'.Most probably we will be changing our stock speakers in the near future.

Btw is there anyone in the forum who has changed the stock speakers in Fiat Punto or Linea having 'Blue and Me'.?? I am very curious.

Meanwhile thanks a ton to the moderators for changing the title Hope that you guys will like the new title :-P

Stay Tuned..!! I am gonna upload loads of pictures of My SouLMate

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Old 26th February 2010, 10:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Engine Oil Leakage + Topped Up.

Before a couple of weeks,(Jan 30th) when I opened the bonnet of the car,I was really shocked to see that the level of engine oil was below than the recommended level.So, i started checking the hood for any signs of oil leakage.To my surprise, i couldn't find any oil traces or signs of leakage.

Then,I quickly called the Hyson Motors,Thrissur and told them the same.They asked me whether I could bring the car , so that they could check the car.So, I drove the car to Hyson Motors(nearly 100kms away from my workplace)and got it checked by them.

They failed to find out any signs of engine oil leakage.But, they topped up the engine oil at no cost at all..!! According to them, probably the dealers might have failed to check the engine oil level during the PDI.and Yes, i do felt the same because I have done more than 1k kms after getting the engine oil topped up on Jan 30th,Saturday. I'm overall satisfied with the service and would give them 7.5/10

After getting the oil topped up, i drove to my hometown Aluva. Here is the screenshots of the DIS and a picture of mY SouL-Mate.

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-aluva-trip.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc007803.jpg

Regards
Amith aka Klub Class
Old 26th February 2010, 11:27   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the oil level intact off late, or is the engine oil is still being consumed?

By the nice pictures. A collage of pictures of the white Punto would be great.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the oil level intact off late, or is the engine oil is still being consumed?

By the nice pictures. A collage of pictures of the white Punto would be great.
Yeah, the oil level is intact.

I'm glad you liked the pictures.Point taken, I will surely try out making a collage
Old 26th February 2010, 12:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics KC.

I had to add oil at around 3500 km - the oil consumption during the initial running in period may be high - the manual also says this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks