Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 19:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
Thanks for clarifying that Amartya. That certainly makes things clearer.I guess it is more to do with the ease that the steering can be taken to full lock. If I am not mistaken, the Innova has an EPS which means that it is a lot easier to turn than an HPS which the Palio and the Punto have.
No Innova also has hydraulic power steering and as far as I know the power steering in Punto isnt the hardest around (that title goes to the Ford Figo). The Punto will roll way less and has better visibility too.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:18   #92
BHPian

Great report Amith and classy looking Punto. I saw a few red colored logos on Palios. Aren't they supposed to be blue on Palio? Could be a few enthusiasts wanting to get the newer logo is fueling the demand for it . No offense to anyone, just an observation.
Old 9th July 2010, 23:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Great report Amith and classy looking Punto. I saw a few red colored logos on Palios. Aren't they supposed to be blue on Palio? Could be a few enthusiasts wanting to get the newer logo is fueling the demand for it . No offense to anyone, just an observation.
I think the Palios sold post 2009 had the red logos. The Stile versions. Correct me if I am wrong, guys.
Old 10th July 2010, 08:59   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Palios sold post 2009 had the red logos. The Stile versions. Correct me if I am wrong, guys.
You are partly correct. Yes the stile version of the Palio and that too only the MJD (Diesel) versions had the red logo. All the petrol versions always had smaller blue logo
Old 10th July 2010, 17:34   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
  • Steering mounted controls : No need to take off my hands from the steering to adjust the audio controls. But, on the contrary, my father changes the songs pretty fast when i play 'rock songs'! Damn.
  • The audio controls on the Head-Unit won't work when the music is played from USB: I wish, we could use the controls on the head-unit too
Hi klub class, Its very nice post and pictures too. Well ! the way I see it only controls for the music from USB on the steering makes it more fun to play the Rock, coz no one else can play anything.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:01   #96
BHPian

Hi Klub class,
Nice to know that you are happy with your Punto.
Even the "things I dislike" are also not too much to be worried about.
And pics are really awesome. And can you also post the color versions of those posted on page 6 please.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:15   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no provision for opening the left door with the key. ie, no hole to insert the key! : A part of cost cutting?!
Is that so? In my Punto Dynamic I have key holes in both the front doors!
Old 11th July 2010, 23:29   #98
Senior - BHPian

Great driving. Your PUNTO must be the earliest one to 20,000 in India
Old 11th July 2010, 23:48   #99
BHPian

hi Klub Class,
A photo on page 1 (DSC06088) looked like a place I visited sometime back. Is it called Jayanti Nagar Colony, near Beach Road?
Old 27th August 2010, 18:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
One small question.
Is the punto's turning radius bad? I heard it is more than that of the Already truck like radius of the palio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The Punto's turning radius is 5.4m. As you can see, it's not "truck" like.
In my day to day driving, I see hardly any difference taking U-turns in Fiat Palio & Fiat Punto.

And, I do agree that both Fiat Punto & Fiat Palio have bigger radius when compared to cars of similar size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Lovely pics there KC.

1)Agree with you on the longish gear throw. I wish the punto gearbox was like the swift.

2)You can always use the spare key if to unlock if you have used your remote to lock.
I'm glad that you liked the pics Sdp1975.

1) Oh. We're in same boat. I would love to have a gearbox with lesser gear throw.

2) Thank you brother. And yes, it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Excellent detailed report and lovely pics. BTW, regarding the logo, did you buy another one and fix it? I see the logo in the pics.

One of my biggest concern these days while parking is if the Fiat logo would be there after I come back.
Aaah. I'm happy that you liked my report and pics.

I have not yet fixed a new logo. Btw, those pictures were taken some months back before the logo was stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Thank you NutsNBolts. You're wrong brother.The Fiat Palio 1.3 Multijet comes with red logo.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You are partly correct. Yes the stile version of the Palio and that too only the MJD (Diesel) versions had the red logo. All the petrol versions always had smaller blue logo
Thanks for the info NKrishnap & Sumobom4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi klub class, Its very nice post and pictures too. Well ! the way I see it only controls for the music from USB on the steering makes it more fun to play the Rock, coz no one else can play anything.
Oops. You got me wrong brother. Anyday, I would prefer to have the controls to switch the tracks on the Head-Unit even while playing from USB.

Btw, I'm yet to get my driving license and it's my father who changes the tracks when I play music from USB.(Yes, he hates Hard Rock & Metal songs )

So, I hope that you got me right this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Hi Klub class,
Nice to know that you are happy with your Punto.
Even the "things I dislike" are also not too much to be worried about.
And pics are really awesome. And can you also post the color versions of those posted on page 6 please.
Lol! You said it right. Those things are not much to be worried. I've managed to live my life with it.

I will surely post the colors versions of those pics in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Is that so? In my Punto Dynamic I have key holes in both the front doors!
AFAIK, The Fiat Punto Active & Dynamic has key holes in both the doors as it doesn't come with remote operated locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Great driving. Your PUNTO must be the earliest one to 20,000 in India
You're wrong brother. There are many Fiat Punto owners in T-BHP who had crunched 20k before I did. (Say, Anshuman, epicenter.rulez etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
hi Klub Class,
A photo on page 1 (DSC06088) looked like a place I visited sometime back. Is it called Jayanti Nagar Colony, near Beach Road?
I'm sorry to say that your guess is wrong. That picture was clicked near Edapally, Ernakulam - Kerala.

Amith
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:10   #101
Senior - BHPian

I can't resist myself from posting a picture of My SouLMatE!

EDIT: I'm happy to say that the 100th post of this thread is from me!

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-fiat_grande-punto_amith_es1.jpg

Always wear your seat-belts. Drive safe & Have fun

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 3rd September 2010 at 13:13.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:19   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hey Klub class, a class car you own!!

Happy motoring

BTW, now it has done 18k+ km, move the thread to Long Term ownership or start a fresh one.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:57   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Hey Klub class, a class car you own!!
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
BTW, now it has done 18k+ km, move the thread to Long Term ownership or start a fresh one.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion Sachin. Most probably I'll be starting a new thread in the 'Long Term Ownership Thread' within a few days.

Do wear your seat-belts and have fun within your limits.

Amith.

Last edited by Amartya : 16th November 2010 at 00:05. Reason: Re-opening thread on request. Thanks.
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:41   #104
Senior - BHPian

26000 KM Update.

Fiat Punto completed one year of association with our family on 13/08/10. So, I thought of digging this thread up after a long gap.

We paid a visit to Guruvayoor Temple yesterday.It took us more 4 hours to do this 180+ kms stretch. Blame the poorly maintained NH 17 and typical Kerala traffic.Contrary to what we had expected, there was no crowd at the Guruvayoor Temple.Yes, we had a nice darshan.

And here is the picture of the alloys of our Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD, clicked after the trip.

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-fiat-punto_alloys2.jpg

In the last twelve months, we have visited A.S.S on different occasions(read - warranty claims, free service, etc) .To sum it up, first year of ownership has been a wonderful experience for us, both in driving the car as well as in maintaining it.

PS: Stay tuned for a detailed Long Term Ownership Report. Yes, I've finished clicking Fiat Punto from all possible angles and now I need to write down the experiences, driving impressions and all.

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc012491.jpg

Amith
Old 24th November 2010, 23:41   #105
BHPian

Quote:
And here is the picture of the alloys of our Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD, clicked after the trip.
The dirt and mud makes the alloys look very awesome. The brake dust would have enhanced the look of the alloys further more.

Quote:
In the last twelve months, we have visited A.S.S on different occasions(read - warranty claims, free service, etc) .To sum it up, first year of ownership has been a wonderful experience for us, both in driving the car as well as in maintaining it.
Now, I feel that finding a unsatisfied Fiat owner is very hard!

Anyway, can you please share the details regarding the warranty claims and all. (or should I wait for your detailed 'Long term ownership report'?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks