Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 14:48   #46
BHPian

excellent pics buddy..!
Old 10th March 2010, 14:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

As said, 7th pics is really good. Enable both the rear fog lamps as brake lights. Now watch the space. Just my 2 cents.
Old 15th March 2010, 19:44   #48
BHPian

Can't stop myself to share few more pics, hope you'll like it!

Pictures taken in between my return journey from my home town, Sambhar Lake (Rajasthan) via Chittaurgarh, Udaipur towards Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1007.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1025.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1027.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1030.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1238.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1243.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1258.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1270.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1272.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_1349.jpg  

Last edited by sandev : 15th March 2010 at 19:46.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:25   #49
BHPian

nice pics sandeep. the best of Punto snaps i have seen
Old 17th March 2010, 16:51   #50
BHPian

Sandeep, you drive at 100+ kmph without your hands at the wheel? Waah!

P.S: Cute kid. I couldn't stop saying "cho chweet"
Old 17th March 2010, 17:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Sandeep, you drive at 100+ kmph without your hands at the wheel? Waah!

P.S: Cute kid. I couldn't stop saying "cho chweet"
Nice observation! But the fact is my hands were at the bottom of steering and the pic was taken by my wife, who was sitting at rear seat.

I'm a good driver, but not a stunt-man on highways.
Old 17th March 2010, 17:14   #52
BHPian

Hey Sandeep,

Better late than never, my sincere Congratulations to you on bringing this Italian beauty to your stable.

Man, these pics and your crisp review is like AWESOME (suggest me a better word please).

I'd been (or should I say my heart has been) thinking of upgrading to Punto but the recent Figo launch and reviews kind of made me re-think my choice but this thread of yours is shifting me back into the PUNTO gear.
Old 17th March 2010, 17:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures as always Sandeep, time to rename the thread you must have done close to 20k kms right?
Old 17th March 2010, 17:27   #54
BHPian

Hi Sandeep,

Did you notice a change in the performance of the car after the initial run-in? Was there an improvement in the turbo-lag (did it reduce by any extent)? And finally any change in the pick up in the first and second gears?
Old 17th March 2010, 17:37   #55
BHPian

Sandev,

Your car photography skills are excellent and one of the best in T-bhp. I always check your thread just for Punto's photographs. Love them loads.

Drive Safe!

@Pedal2Metal

I would like to answer you with my experience with the car. My car is due for 2nd service in a week. The car has definitely become quiter after the run-in, but the turbo lag has become a bit more pronounced recently. Does it affect the driveability? Not rearlly, but it does disturbs at times.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 17th March 2010 at 17:46.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:04   #56
BHPian

Congrats Sandeep. Lovely car the GP. The pics u have clicked should be forwarded to the Fiat Ad department. They can use them for their GP ads. They are so awesome. I am seeing them again again. Keep em coming. Safe driving. I have a Fiat Linea MJD which I have clocked 19000 kms. Its a trouble free car!
Old 17th March 2010, 18:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Hey Sandeep,

Better late than never, my sincere Congratulations to you on bringing this Italian beauty to your stable.

Man, these pics and your crisp review is like AWESOME (suggest me a better word please).

I'd been (or should I say my heart has been) thinking of upgrading to Punto but the recent Figo launch and reviews kind of made me re-think my choice but this thread of yours is shifting me back into the PUNTO gear.
Thanks a lot for stopping by! And my suggestion ofcourse, wud be for GP, not because I own it. It's because you deserve the best. car handling in city and on express way is awesome. I have driven long distances, thats why I can comment on it. Figo is new and good but GP is far better. I'm sure once you have it, you won't regret it. Do not bother yourself about its ***...it's improving day by day and I mean it. I'm sure you'll decide the best for yourself.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Congrats Sandeep. Lovely car the GP. The pics u have clicked should be forwarded to the Fiat Ad department. They can use them for their GP ads. They are so awesome. I am seeing them again again. Keep em coming. Safe driving. I have a Fiat Linea MJD which I have clocked 19000 kms. Its a trouble free car!
Thanks Sultan, I really wish if someone in Fiat is follwing this thread . I would love to submit them. Hey buddy we are clocked the same figure, its 19k for me as well in 6.5 months. I love my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Sandev,

Your car photography skills are excellent and one of the best in T-bhp. I always check your thread just for Punto's photographs. Love them loads.

Drive Safe!
Thanks Cliff thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Nice pictures as always Sandeep, time to rename the thread you must have done close to 20k kms right?
Thanks MS001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
Hi Sandeep,

Did you notice a change in the performance of the car after the initial run-in? Was there an improvement in the turbo-lag (did it reduce by any extent)? And finally any change in the pick up in the first and second gears?
Buddy, it's just the more I'm driving it the more i'm fallin in love with my car. After a certain drives you actually start understanding your car on how to handle in different conditions and thats how you over come the so called turbo lag tag. I don't feel the lag much now, as I know how to tackle it and different conditions and I'm pretty confident on city and highway traffic with my car now.

Last edited by sandev : 17th March 2010 at 18:38. Reason: Multiple reply
Old 28th April 2010, 19:48   #58
BHPian

Awesome pics... Sandeep ! Little late on your thread, just one request keep up with the good work, looking forward to more pics on your thread!.

- B4W
Old 29th April 2010, 12:22   #59
BHPian

Great review! very unbiased and realistic! What is the service cost you incur in the 'free' service and what is the service cycle after the first year?
Old 29th April 2010, 14:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Awesome pics... Sandeep ! Little late on your thread, just one request keep up with the good work, looking forward to more pics on your thread!.

- B4W
Thanks Buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Great review! very unbiased and realistic! What is the service cost you incur in the 'free' service and what is the service cycle after the first year?
Thanks for stopping by. I have crossed 20,500KM by now. However, the first visit to service station was at 3000KM to have an overall check up and oil top up. Nothing was charged to me at that time.

At 15000KM, it got replaced Oil filter, Air Filter and Engine Oil. That costed me around Rs 3000. The next is due around 30,000 KM.

The usual service cycle for GP in my opinion should be a visit to service center after 5000km for a normal check up. And than after every 10-15000 KM, engine oil change, oil + air filter, brake paddings check. etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks