Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 13:53   #16
BHPian

Hi Sushant, besides the space, comfort and fiat's multijet engine, nothing seems to be going well for the car. My father has a Indica V2 in Goa and I always hear him complaining of the car and it's service. Unfortunately, no friends in his case to reduce the pain. His temper does some work sometimes at the service station. In terms of reliability, he puts his 1986 model Fiat Padmini car ahead on any day.
Old 31st December 2009, 15:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarshanS View Post
Hi Sushant, besides the space, comfort and fiat's multijet engine, nothing seems to be going well for the car. My father has a Indica V2 in Goa and I always hear him complaining of the car and it's service. Unfortunately, no friends in his case to reduce the pain. His temper does some work sometimes at the service station. In terms of reliability, he puts his 1986 model Fiat Padmini car ahead on any day.
Yes this is correct for preVista cars. But I suppose Vista is better in this compared to old Indicas. It has lot less niggles and better quality but still not top class. And I see TASS has improved much. But still you have to be lucky to enjoy nigglefree Tata Car.
Old 31st December 2009, 23:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

I am one of the irritated customers of Tata car. I had a Tata Indica V2 car in 2007. I had serviced with VST. My Manipal and finally the Tata's Concorde. All were same and the bill was always high. Now after 2 years of the sale of the car, they are caling for insurance renewal and service etc even from Pune and Mumbai. They don't have the proper data base. Simply calling every time. I have requested requested them to delete my name and number from their data bank. But of no use. They never di that.
Old 15th October 2010, 19:47   #19
BHPian

Hi All,

Just now I have completed 50,000 kilometers with my Indica Vista. I am giving my car to servicing in next week. Then I will upload rest of the ownership story.

Mods,
Please change the title of thread to
"Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log"
Old 16th October 2010, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Hi All,
Just now I have completed 50,000 kilometers with my Indica Vista. I am giving my car to servicing in next week. Then I will upload rest of the ownership story.
Congratulations! And wish you many more kms of trouble-free ownership.

Sushant, you mentioned a whole lot of issues within the 29k mark. How's the car been running since then? Do you still think it is worth it?
Old 16th October 2010, 19:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations! And wish you many more kms of trouble-free ownership.

Sushant, you mentioned a whole lot of issues within the 29k mark. How's the car been running since then? Do you still think it is worth it?
After 29k my ownership experience was really pleasing... car is giving niggle free run. Most important thing is that car is not showing any aging sign.
No doubt there are small small issues but I think all of them do not need any special attention and they will get sorted out easily in servicing.

Ownership story in production...

Mods,
Please change the title of thread
"Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log"
Old 25th October 2010, 13:56   #22
BHPian

Yesterday I gave my car to servicing. Odo clock was near 51k Mark.

Problems reported to TASS
1) Turbo Whistle: I could not reproduce this problem in front of them but they agreed to check Turbo related things

2) Front suspension noise. Checking Bushing, Brake Shoes, Anti roll Bar bushings and Strut check.

3) Rear Left Quarter Glass panel rusting of small part. Part will be changed under warranty.

4) One power window switch broken, Headlight adjustment, Damaged Oil Sump etc.

After test drive they said my car still feels like new. Immediately my face was shining with happiness after listening praise for my car.

Last week, my car was having a rattle which I fixed my self. Pictures and process of fixing Indica Vista rattles will follow soon(in a day or two). Now driving with zero rattling is really pleasurable. Zero rattling literally means zero on any kind of road.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 25th October 2010 at 13:59.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:59   #23
Team-BHP Support

Regd point 1 - Are you complaining about the turbo whistle or the lack of it ? A turbo whistle is very normal IMP.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Regd point 1 - Are you complaining about the turbo whistle or the lack of it ? A turbo whistle is very normal IMP.
Yes Eddy I know that turbo whistle is normal. But sometimes it can be because of air leakage in piping around turbo so I requested them to check it.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:37   #25
BHPian

Identifying and removing Rattles in Indica Vista

Hi All,

Rattling is frustrating part of most of the cars. Even a small rattle can irritate car lovers like us. If car is rattle free then nothing is like that.

I own Indica Vista and completed 51000 Kilometers on it. This much time with car and my curious head made me always peep into internals of my car. Dashboard and door panels were always on my radar. As per my ownership Vista is the car that does not rattle easily. Still rattling is there. Here I will try to explain my learnings to get rid of rattles in this good car.

Possible Locations of Rattles:

What I see doors in Vista does not rattle at all. Dashboard is the main source for rattle. I have marked red with possible locations of rattle.

1) Red Oval Mark: This is rattle from central Instrument cluster. This has distinct sound like chir chir. This location is often cause of small rattles.

2) Red Arrow Marks: These are the only locations where dashboard touches to car metal body. Otherwise dashboard is pretty much like floating thing. At these locations there is lock like thing which acts as a guide for dashboard. Rattling from here will have very irritating tad tad like sound.

3) Red Rectangle: The inside empty section below Head Unit is home for huge connectors. These connectors are not supported firmly. Though wiring has cushioning to its all over length but connectors sometimes are free to move.

Next we will see how to dismantle dashboard to get access inside...

Last edited by sushantr5 : 27th October 2010 at 15:43.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:06   #26
BHPian

Now we need to get access to internals of dashboard. Here is step by step guide for this.

I will say Vista Dashboard is very good design. Dashboard is firmly bolted on the shaft running across the dashboard. This is the only support for dashboard. Otherwise dashboard plastic does not touch to rest metal car body. You will see there is uniform gap between Plastic and Metal. Marked Arrow Locations in picture in previous post are the only locations where dash plastic comes in contact with the body.

Process for dismantle:

Remove the Plastic part around Instrument cluster (Odometer). To remove this you need to pull this parts toward you (towards front of the panel).

2. Remove Plastic Cover around ac controls. To remove just pull the plastic cover.

3. Remove plastic part in central condole i.e. cover around head unit. This is fixed using four screws. Two at top and two at bottom. Unscrew them and you are done.

4. Remove Plastic part at the side of dashboard. This part is covered by door when door is closed. This location has Passenger side Airbags switch. Remove it just by pulling.

5. Now remove Beige Part by pulling. This will come off with AC Vents.

After removing dashboard will look like this

Last edited by sushantr5 : 27th October 2010 at 16:23.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

@sushantr5 I think the pictures did not get attached properly - I am not able to see the pictures. Can you please re-attach them?
Old 29th October 2010, 14:59   #28
BHPian

Pictures were there inline. All related picture are attached here.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log-1.jpg  

Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log-2.jpg  

Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log-17102010075.jpg  

Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log-17102010076.jpg  

Old 29th October 2010, 15:04   #29
BHPian

Today, I got my car back from servicing. Total bill was Rs.3600. This servicing included Oil and Oil Filter change, Wheel Alignment and Balancing. Apart from this following things are done in this servicing.

1) All Bushes changed
2) All power window switches changed
3) Combination Switch changed
4) Right Headlight Assembly

All parts are changed under warranty.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 29th October 2010 at 15:16.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

@sushantr5 Thanks for the update. I somehow, was not able to see the inline pics.

My TDi have gone to the third service today - The estimate is 1.7 including oil chance (HP Milcey), Oil and disel filter chnage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks