Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 15:47   #586
Team-BHP Support

Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
2006, 7th Gen. White.
Need some updates from you bud, hows the car?

Update -
The car is at 25k kms now, hardly 5k run in the last year. Anyway got Shell Helix Ultra again, and the engine is another level of smooth. Infact last year when I changed from Shell to Mobil1 the engine actually felt rougher after the oil change lol. Also got the suspension retorque done, and the brakes bled. Touchwood no issues with the car at all. The tyres still seem to have enough of life in them, infact now just need to get the CAI back on.

Compared to the Euros, it does feel a tad bit flimsy. But again its also much older. Overall I've not regretted buying this one bit. Just drove it last night and man it still feels so quick.
Old 12th November 2012, 22:08   #587
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Car's doing fine. Suspension bushings were replaced and the car drives better now. Konis and Ground Control sleeves with ride height adjustment are on the way. Eibach springs. Will post before/after pics of the car once the work is done. Also have to get 2 or 3 of the engine mounts changed. That work will be done during the suspension work.
Old 14th November 2012, 18:21   #588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Car's doing fine. Suspension bushings were replaced and the car drives better now. Konis and Ground Control sleeves with ride height adjustment are on the way. Eibach springs. Will post before/after pics of the car once the work is done. Also have to get 2 or 3 of the engine mounts changed. That work will be done during the suspension work.
The feel of the car will totally change with those new engine mounts. The acceleration feels much sharper with the new mounts. Can't wait for a thread from you.

Had forgotten to thank the person who gets my services done at Arya Honda. Rohan, big thanks to him. He was an SA but is now the service manager there. Always give him only a days notice and yet he takes my car in and gives it back to me the same day with all the work done.
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:27   #589
Team-BHP Support

3 years on -

Have had the car for exactly 3 years, and its not even given up on me once. No major problems whatsoever, and only one problem that actually got me worried. That was when the power steering oil was leaking and smoke billowed out. Only regular maintenance, an engine mount change, and a couple parts in the suspension have needed changing in my 3 years of use. I haven't babied the car much, always driven it quick and enjoyed the drives. Its still not at 25k, just a few kms under it. The car still looks and feels just about as good as when I had got it. Of course like all Hondas and other Jap cars they are not built like Germans, so a couple of noises do get in here and there. The V6 is still running on the Yoko Advan Sports, and they have worn out a bit but I think they will last till the car is with me. The Konis seem perfect still, and the Hawk pads on another set. Everything works perfectly, except one small issue with my music system which I need to get checked up. I reduced the tint level on this car, got 50% tints put now while earlier they were blacked out. In Mumbai tints are a necessity. The maintenance hasn't been high at all, and I have really taken care of the car. Got it detailed twice a year, sent for service before schedule and made sure every single thing is perfect. The V6 engine is a real thing of beauty, it still has power even 5 years after being built to make a humble Jap saloon match up to the Germans, even give a few a run for their money. If all goes according to plan, this will be my last 6 months with the car, and I will be sad to let it go. But change is a must.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:45   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
3 years on -

Have had the car for exactly 3 years, and its not even given up on me once. No major problems whatsoever, and only one problem that actually got me worried. That was when the power steering oil was leaking and smoke billowed out. Only regular maintenance, an engine mount change, and a couple parts in the suspension have needed changing in my 3 years of use. I haven't babied the car much, always driven it quick and enjoyed the drives. Its still not at 25k, just a few kms under it.
Hmm isn't that too much for a car under 25k on ODO that too a Honda Accord?
Considering that you have been maintaining it like the way you have mentioned below.
Quote:
The maintenance hasn't been high at all, and I have really taken care of the car. Got it detailed twice a year, sent for service before schedule and made sure every single thing is perfect.
Old 3rd January 2013, 01:37   #591
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hmm isn't that too much for a car under 25k on ODO that too a Honda Accord?
Considering that you have been maintaining it like the way you have mentioned below.
Well the power steering hose is rubber, and rubber does harden over time. The car is more than 5 years old now. The suspension parts can be attributed to the crappy roads of Mumbai (especially my area), and the stiffened shocks and also the low profile tyres. I guess its all fine.
Old 3rd January 2013, 02:56   #592
Senior - BHPian

Hmm so the suspension & low profile tires does take a big toll on other parts. I still think the engine mount replacement is too early even for Mumbai roads which IMHO not the worst in India. Mine is a 2008 model & while its run on a relatively better roads, it has clocked much more miles with much more average speeds on regular basis & it still feels brand new.

I know its an apple to oranges comparison but it makes you wonder if the environment alone can make such a big difference over miles/KMs traveled.
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:06   #593
Team-BHP Support

The suspension and low profile take a toll on the other parts just because of the bad roads, in your case I doubt they would make a difference.

Blame the engine mount replacement on my heavy right foot. I love the acceleration and the sound of the typhoon, and a V6 engine rocking about would probably wear an engine mount pretty quickly.

I think the environment makes the biggest difference to a car. The mileage is secondary.
Old 5th January 2013, 18:14   #594
BHPian

To start with engine mounts have been a weak point in Accords and Civics of the past years. Couple that with the bad roads we have here and you'll be changing them much sooner than usual.

I have already changed 2 mounts in my Accord and it still doesn't feel right. I think I would have to change the 3rd one as well.

I am also running 225s and the feedback has improved from the steering. But has become a bit heavy at low speeds. I don't mind though. Most times I feel its on rails when I change lanes at high speeds.

My car is a MT and I love driving it on the weekends. Empty roads with that sweet motor is a pleasure even though I have more powerful (diesel) Germans in the family.

The gearshifts have a very short and precise throw. I can only imagine how much awesomer it would become with that V6 motor

@pranavt looking forward to your thread!

Last edited by goingout : 5th January 2013 at 18:15.
goingout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 01:04   #595
BHPian

Quote:
The suspension and low profile take a toll on the other parts just because of the bad roads, in your case I doubt they would make a difference.

Blame the engine mount replacement on my heavy right foot. I love the acceleration and the sound of the typhoon, and a V6 engine rocking about would probably wear an engine mount pretty quickly.

I think the environment makes the biggest difference to a car. The mileage is secondary.
The V6 How has it been doing in the long term? I've always wanted to own a V6 but never could. And since it comes from Honda, the V6 brings with itself peace of mind as well.
Old 11th March 2013, 23:01   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
The V6 How has it been doing in the long term? I've always wanted to own a V6 but never could. And since it comes from Honda, the V6 brings with itself peace of mind as well.
Its been doing great. Have been using it more than normal since the new year, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Yes being a Japanese it certainly does bring piece of mind, but then again feels flimsy in some ways compared to the Europeans in the house. Everything in the car is just like day 1, besides a few noises from the interior plastics (well it is a Honda afterall) here and there. I plan on sending it to the service station for a suspension retorque in a few days, and just to get everything checked up.

The Yokos are on their last legs, so have not really been pushing the car. Don't know how long I'm going to keep the car, so it may not be worth the investment for new tyres right away, may leave it for the new owner to buy.

Other than that no issues, the growl from the K&N still manages to please me, and the scream at 7000rpm turns peoples heads. I have to say again, the hawk brakes and konis make this car, and I have only been able to really exploit the power of the J30 after I got those.

If anyone is interested in buying this in the near future (a few months) get in touch with me, so I know who to speak to when I finally decide to sell.
Old 12th March 2013, 00:59   #597
BHPian

Quote:
I
Other than that no issues, the growl from the K&N still manages to please me, and the scream at 7000rpm turns peoples heads. I have to say again, the hawk brakes and konis make this car, and I have only been able to really exploit the power of the J30 after I got those.

If anyone is interested in buying this in the near future (a few months) get in touch with me, so I know who to speak to when I finally decide to sell.
The engine noise, the most pleasing sound when accelerate. The V6 just puts a smile on your face. How much are you looking for a price for it? The Hondas do not depriciate fast so you might just get a nice sum when you sell it.
Old 25th March 2013, 17:55   #598
Team-BHP Support

Guys a random thought, what if I paint the rims black, and even the chrome around the windows. I think the black theme will look pretty good. What say?
Old 25th March 2013, 17:59   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Guys a random thought, what if I paint the rims black, What say?
Go for a Bronze finish Akshay.

Here's a reference pic
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-vb67o.jpg  

Last edited by speed kills : 25th March 2013 at 18:06.
Old 9th June 2013, 14:47   #600
Team-BHP Support

So just got back into town after about a month. The rains have started, and the Advan Sports have got pretty worn out. Since it seems I am retaining this car for a bit longer, it makes sense to change them, especially since I need optimum grip on wet roads. The Advan Sports have lasted me about 20k kms, which I think is fine considering they are performance tyres. They retail for about 12k odd a tyre now, and I don't want to spend that since I am not keeping this car for that long. Thinking about getting the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, which seem to be as good as the Advans according to tirerack. Will check about the availability and hopefully do it this week. What do you guys think?

Most Viewed