Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 02:31   #496
Team-BHP Support

re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
and i was quoted 67,500 for the magnaflow catback. i was planning an ecu remap + magnaflow catback.
also how have the brake pads been performing. i intend to get the konis and upgraded brakes before i proceed with the power increasing steps.
sorry for hijacking your thread.
Hardly hijacking it my friend. Feel free to discuss anything to do with your V6 over here. The brakes have been performing fabulously. They do take about 5-7 mins to warm up after using the car the next day, but that is in slow traffic. Otherwise they would warm up even quicker. And the more they heat up the better your braking gets, and the more sensitive it the pedal feels. But to be honest, these + the Koni's are 100% worth it.

Definitely do these before you bump up the power at all. How about some pictures of your car, and maybe a few words.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 02:43   #497
BHPian

thanks for the feedback. i have a grey '07 accord v6 that i have kept stock untill now but now that the warranty is over i intend to make some minor changes to the performance of the car.
i intend to add konis and brake pads first followed by an ecu upgrade and a magnaflow or some other good catback as 70k for an exhaust is very steep.
will upload some good pics tomorrow.
appreciate your help.
Old 20th September 2011, 02:58   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
thanks for the feedback. i have a grey '07 accord v6 that i have kept stock untill now but now that the warranty is over i intend to make some minor changes to the performance of the car.
i intend to add konis and brake pads first followed by an ecu upgrade and a magnaflow or some other good catback as 70k for an exhaust is very steep.
will upload some good pics tomorrow.
appreciate your help.
Looking forward to the pics.

Get the K&N Typhoon first, along with the Konis and the Hawks. That will keep you happy for 6 months at least. Then think about what you want to get. If you have people traveling from the US ask one of them to get the Magnaflow catback for you, at half price of what it is in India.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:11   #499
Team-BHP Support

The V6 is getting new company soon. It will be overJOYed.

On a separate note, what is with these car washers? I got the car polished not even 2 months ago, and they've already caused big swirls on the car. No more black cars for me.

Pics of my new subwoofer box coming today.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:57   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The V6 is getting new company soon. It will be overJOYed.
So its a BMW, now which one? Congrats!!
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:41   #501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
So its a BMW, now which one? Congrats!!
Its the 320d Exclusive. Delivery expected sometime next week.
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:44   #502
BHPian

@akshay

Petrol prices made you go the D way ?

Congrats on your new buy enJOY the RWD and superb chassis
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 03:03   #503
BHPian

WHOA ! what a replacement for the innova ! and a jump from the laura to the beemer !
Congrats on that !

And i gotta say that you've kept the v6 like a baby ! Just impeccable !

So is the beemer going to be your daily driver now ? or is it just a 'spare' with your v6
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 10:57   #504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay

Petrol prices made you go the D way ?

Congrats on your new buy enJOY the RWD and superb chassis
Thank you buddy. Petrol prices have become terrible, and I had decided that the next car we buy will be diesel. All credit goes to my father for listening to me this time, he was sold on the first TD itself, but more on that in the first report, when I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
WHOA ! what a replacement for the innova ! and a jump from the laura to the beemer !
Congrats on that !

And i gotta say that you've kept the v6 like a baby ! Just impeccable !

So is the beemer going to be your daily driver now ? or is it just a 'spare' with your v6
About that We are just getting it, the Innova is still here and due for a replacement. So by year end we will have another car in the house, say something between 12-14l, Laura tsi I'm thinking. Or if not that we will sell the Innova and change the Punto for a Vento/ Skoda Rapid. Car confusion!!!

Frankly I don't know if I'm going to drive it everyday, or when. Thanks though on the comment for the V6, have you seen it around?
Old 24th September 2011, 16:11   #505
BHPian

Woah! Congrats on the upgrade!

Look forward to seeing your ownership report here on Tbhp.

PS: Still no sign of a video or more pics haha. I hope you'll be able post them in time before you get all engaged with your upcoming BMW
goingout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 02:53   #506
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
Woah! Congrats on the upgrade!

Look forward to seeing your ownership report here on Tbhp.

PS: Still no sign of a video or more pics haha. I hope you'll be able post them in time before you get all engaged with your upcoming BMW
Thanks bro. I could have taken the video a few times, but then I think it would be safer to hold on to the steering wheel since the past few times I've actually ripped it I have been alone. But I definitely do need to get a 0-200 video, of course not on a public road.

The BMW will take up all my time, but in the end this V6 will still be quicker. I think
Old 25th September 2011, 11:37   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the 320d Exclusive. Delivery expected sometime next week.
Congrats akshay1234 on the Bimmer.

But why don't you wait a little longer and get the new F30? Or are you getting a very sweet deal on the E90?

Btw, you got a very nice Honda there. Though I have been reading this thread all along, never got a chance to post something.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:41   #508
BHPian

@akshay

could you help me out to find a good hi-lo converter for ICE of my civic?

any plans of selling your V6?
Old 26th September 2011, 02:53   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you buddy. Petrol prices have become terrible, and I had decided that the next car we buy will be diesel. All credit goes to my father for listening to me this time, he was sold on the first TD itself, but more on that in the first report, when I get it.

About that We are just getting it, the Innova is still here and due for a replacement. So by year end we will have another car in the house, say something between 12-14l, Laura tsi I'm thinking. Or if not that we will sell the Innova and change the Punto for a Vento/ Skoda Rapid. Car confusion!!!

Frankly I don't know if I'm going to drive it everyday, or when. Thanks though on the comment for the V6, have you seen it around?
Seems like you're going on a car shopping spree,buying by the dozen !
And may be you're keen on buying 'only' a sedan either replacing the muv or the hatch .. any reasons ?
As it is the beemer is coming in, why dont you go for another hot hatch ?

And btw, i've never seen the v6 in flesh,but then the photos speak much of her ! so can imagine how wild is she going to be in person , especially after the magnaflow exhausts .. so when are they gonna fly in here ??

may be i can have a ride in her after that to hear the sheer bliss of the exhaust !
Old 26th September 2011, 10:05   #510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats akshay1234 on the Bimmer.

But why don't you wait a little longer and get the new F30? Or are you getting a very sweet deal on the E90?

Btw, you got a very nice Honda there. Though I have been reading this thread all along, never got a chance to post something.
Thank you for the compliments.

Well I am getting a good deal on the E90, and the F30 is due for launch next June with deliveries starting in September, according to the dealer. Also I've seen the pictures of it, and its not much bigger or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay

could you help me out to find a good hi-lo converter for ICE of my civic?

any plans of selling your V6?
LOL no the V6 is here for a while, no way I'm letting go of it anytime soonn.

As for the high to low converter, many brands make them, depending on how much you want to spend. A brand like scosche would be a good bet. What ICE are you planning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Seems like you're going on a car shopping spree,buying by the dozen !
And may be you're keen on buying 'only' a sedan either replacing the muv or the hatch .. any reasons ?
As it is the beemer is coming in, why dont you go for another hot hatch ?

And btw, i've never seen the v6 in flesh,but then the photos speak much of her ! so can imagine how wild is she going to be in person , especially after the magnaflow exhausts .. so when are they gonna fly in here ??

may be i can have a ride in her after that to hear the sheer bliss of the exhaust !
We would buy an MUV, except there are no good ones below 20l, and we aren't going to spend that much now.

Possible the Skoda Yeti though, will look into it.

As for the exhausts, and any mods to the V6, I will get shot if I put any money into it considering we have just booked the Bimmer. Its on hold as of now. Still sounds pretty loud with just the Typhoon.

You can have a ride anytime, where in Bbay are you? Maybe at the next tbhp meet.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks