Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 02:19   #481
Team-BHP Support

re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Thanks for the post, Akshay! Your experience speaks miles about Honda quality - I mean you're pushing the car quite hard and it's giving you nothing but smiles.

We need to buy a car to use during the summers in Chennai, and mileage isn't really a concern, so a used V6 Accord is making a strong case for itself. I'm getting tempted

Ever considered removing the V6 badge? You'll have fun messing with wannabe racers!

EDIT: Did the V6 ever come with a manual tranny?
Thanks, haha the car makes you want to push it. And the engine is made to be revved. I hit the redline at least once everytime I drive the car.

Even if I remove the badge the double exhausts are there to see

V6 came only with auto here. If your buying to use in the city then auto makes sense. Its not the best a/t but its good enough. Look for an 07 Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Don't worry mate, I've been following this thread since it had been created. It's been a treat for me.

Good update. Good to know that the car is doing well. The new beefed up suspension and brakes seem to be complementing the car really well and putting down the power effortlessly, and shedding it too.

Even the new Accord V6 is available only with an auto-tranny. I'm not entirely sure about that, though.
Thanks buddy. If anything has to go wrong on this car it will be the a/t first, considering all the stories I've heard of Accords a/t's failing after being pushed alot. *touchwood* it seems fine till now.

The Konis and Hawk pads made the car so much more fun, its no longer a case where the car can go fast only in a straight line.

The new Accord V6 though marginally faster, is not as much fun to drive at all. It feels like a boat. Paddle shifts are good, but in this I've found shifting it to D3 saves the box from unnecessary upshifts when I remove my foot from the throttle momentarily. This is only when I'm in an enthusiastic mood though.
Old 1st September 2011, 15:02   #482
Team-BHP Support

Wanted to save my 6000th post for my thread.

Have got a new box made for the subwoofer, with the rear in plexiglass so the sub can be seen. Will upload pics by this evening.
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:37   #483
BHPian

The 07 Accord is an excellent car. Honda's quality and service are absolutely great. The car just made me smile everytime i drove it.

A/T is not bad, the gear changes are smooth. I would recommend the V6 anytime.

Manvir
manvirr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 00:48   #484
BHPian

Can't wait to see some more pics of your car and maybe finally a video too? How about a video tour showcasing all the mods that you have done till now? Please
Old 3rd September 2011, 02:18   #485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
Can't wait to see some more pics of your car and maybe finally a video too? How about a video tour showcasing all the mods that you have done till now? Please
I can't really add the shocks and the brakes in the video right? I will add a video of the music system if possible. And I still need to post up that 0-170 kmph video. Will do that the next time I'm on the stretch of road where I do that regularly. The K&N sound will also be heard properly then.
Old 6th September 2011, 23:08   #486
Team-BHP Support

Just went through the first few pages of my thread, and I'm happy that most of what I had planned has happened with regards to the mods.

Here is the final list of what all I have and what might possibly come -

4300k HIDs
17" Rims and Tyres
Banging Alpine ICE
Koni Shocks
Hawk Brake Pads
K&N Typhoon

Thinking about getting a Magnaflow catback, only problem is how because no way I'm paying 50k by buying it here. Also a friend has the RD ecu on his V6 and he says it made a huge difference, planning on checking that out also.
Old 6th September 2011, 23:31   #487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thinking about getting a Magnaflow catback, only problem is how because no way I'm paying 50k by buying it here. Also a friend has the RD ecu on his V6 and he says it made a huge difference, planning on checking that out also.
Is there a Remus exhaust system available for the V6? How does it compare to Magnaflow in terms of performance and sound? And does the Magnaflow system actually cost 50k? Just the cat-back or the entire system right from the headers to the down-pipe to the cat?
Old 8th September 2011, 00:42   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Is there a Remus exhaust system available for the V6? How does it compare to Magnaflow in terms of performance and sound? And does the Magnaflow system actually cost 50k? Just the cat-back or the entire system right from the headers to the down-pipe to the cat?
I don't think there is a full Remus system available. The Magnaflow one is from the cat onwards till the end can. It can be bought in the US for $600 odd, and its almost double that here. Quite a ripoff.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th September 2011 at 00:45.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 20:57   #489
Team-BHP Support

Teeny update - I had posted earlier that 3rd gear maxes out at 170, I was wrong.

When using 1,2 D3 these are the speeds -

1st - 75
2nd - 120
3rd - 180

When in normal D with full throttle the box shifts at these speeds -

1st - 65/70
2nd - 105/110
3rd - 165/170

I have gone quicker but I don't think I have maxed out 4th gear.
Old 19th September 2011, 01:48   #490
BHPian

wow thats fast, you make me wanna sell my swift and look for a used v6 from 2007 all this power from a stock engine is yummy!
Old 19th September 2011, 11:24   #491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
wow thats fast, you make me wanna sell my swift and look for a used v6 from 2007 all this power from a stock engine is yummy!
Haha you could do that, but now I'm wondering how long I'll have this car considering fuel is now 71 per litre. A tankful costs about 4k. My guess is I'll have this car for another year, and then find a new pre-owned diesel. You wanna buy it then?
Old 19th September 2011, 14:18   #492
BHPian

Quote:
considering fuel is now 71 per litre. A tankful costs about 4k. My guess is I'll have this car for another year, and then find a new pre-owned diesel. You wanna buy it then?
Haha so true, but the swift petrol 1.3 is not economical either, my car gives me roughly 9 kmpl its as good as running a v6 accord! Been eyeing pre owned superbs as well, i still have a year before my loan on the swift gets over, till then hopefully will be zeroing in on a diesel for sure. The fuel bills are ruining the driver in me, if you know what i mean
Old 20th September 2011, 02:12   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Just went through the first few pages of my thread, and I'm happy that most of what I had planned has happened with regards to the mods.

Here is the final list of what all I have and what might possibly come -

4300k HIDs
17" Rims and Tyres
Banging Alpine ICE
Koni Shocks
Hawk Brake Pads
K&N Typhoon

and i was quoted 67,500 for the magnaflow catback. i was planning an ecu remap + magnaflow catback.
also how have the brake pads been performing. i intend to get the konis and upgraded brakes before i proceed with the power increasing steps.
sorry for hijacking your thread.
Old 20th September 2011, 02:17   #494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
Haha so true, but the swift petrol 1.3 is not economical either, my car gives me roughly 9 kmpl its as good as running a v6 accord! Been eyeing pre owned superbs as well, i still have a year before my loan on the swift gets over, till then hopefully will be zeroing in on a diesel for sure. The fuel bills are ruining the driver in me, if you know what i mean
Bro I get 5kmpl. So its a little worse to run than the Swift. I want to change to a diesel but then after doing up the car I don't feel like letting it go at all. I'm sure if I drive it sensibly I would get 6.5kmpl or so, but then I end up redlining it at least once every single time I drive.

After the suspension upgrade etc, the car has become so chuckable, I love throwing it into corners, infact more than the Punto. It holds very well too, just that the silly autobox upshifts midway through a corner sometimes and that can get scary then. High speed stability too is top class save for some wind noise and tyre noise. Otherwise its as stable at 200 as it is at 120.
Old 20th September 2011, 02:25   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Bro I get 5kmpl
ouch! that sounds like there is a big hole being burnt into your pocket, or should i say that bleddy hiroshima is happening up there!

Quote:
After the suspension upgrade etc, the car has become so chuckable, I love throwing it into corners, infact more than the Punto. It holds very well too, just that the silly autobox upshifts midway through a corner sometimes and that can get scary then. High speed stability too is top class save for some wind noise and tyre noise. Otherwise its as stable at 200 as it is at 120.
I can imagine, have always been a fan of hondas, and with upgrades for better handling theres seldom a chance to complain about them. If only the v6 was offered in manual
bigblackshark is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks