Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Siddesh: Congrats on your truck. It does look awesome. I like the entertainment /GPS system. Could please tell us how much did it cost OTR and whats the mileage like
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Siddesh: Congrats on your truck. It does look awesome. I like the entertainment /GPS system. Could please tell us how much did it cost OTR and whats the mileage like
Thanks, MileCruncher! In Pune, with all the accessories, it cost me 23L on road. I know in Pimpri Chinchwad, or in Goa, it'd cost me at least 60-70K less on octroi charges, and minus the 75K worth of accessories, that'd bring the cost down to 21.5.

She's just 21 days old, done 2000 kms, and at last top up, I calculated her giving me 8 kmpl (mix of city and expressway driving). It's steadily gone up from around 5.5 to 8, and I am sure it will climb up to 10 or so, by the time I get the first servicing done.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:10   #33
BHPian

This is a wonderful Beast which you have tamed. One of my Favourite SUVs and best in class.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:03   #34
BHPian

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4 (Updated, 1 month later)

It's 4 weeks since Samara came home, and I have logged close to 2500 kms. Here's a short one month report.

The Driving Experience

Driving the Endy has been such a wonderful stress-busting experience. On the busy city roads of Pune, it's a wonder to see autos, sedans and sometimes even the odd ST bus slow down to give you way. The roar of the Thunder's engines ensure you rarely need to press the horn to make your presence felt. One flick of the side indicators, and the traffic beside you quickly slow down to give you way. No one messes with the Endy

On the expressways, the Endy simply eats up mile after mile, smoothly and effortlessly. The high driving position means you get excellent visibility, while being spared most of the headlights in your face. The pick up, as in every other Ford baby, is simply unbelievable, although the AT leads to a slight lag.

On the ghats, on and off the road, rocks, gravel, and even the odd trees (thankfully, no animals yet!) simply pass under the massive wheels. When parking, one needs to ensure you do not climb the pavement - it's important to pay attention, because otherwise you would never notice!

I've taken the Endy to Mumbai twice already, Lavasa, Panchgani, Sinhagad and Mulshi. A Goa trip is coming up soon.

Interiors

The Endy's interiors completely insulate you from the hustle bustle of life outside. Even in Pune's 40 degree siummer, the AC takes less than a minute to cool, and once it takes control, it actually makes you shiver.

The audio system, the integrated Sat Nav, and the DVD player work in an amazingly well coordinated fashion. Add the Bluetooth phone and reverse camera to it, and you can't ask for more. Watch DVD on the roof mounted screen while listening to FM, interrupt FM automatically to take or make your calls, reduce the FM audio when the Sat Nav gives you direction, interrupt the DVD to see the reverse camera... whatever you dream of, you can get it done!

The seats are very comfy, the leg room is more than adequate.

The chiller works like a beauty, making sure you never run out of your chilled Pepsis.

The Snob

With an Endy, you can be forgiven for being a snob. You need to get used to getting the "looks". Envy, admiration, wonder, fear - the Endy inspires all these and more. In shining Black, the chrome Endeavour etching on the bonnet, the allows glimming under those cavernous arches, the Endy is truly a beauty AND a beast!

The worst part of the day is at night when I park her and go to bed. It's a long wait until it's morning again, until I can get my hands on her again!
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2010, 09:31   #35
BHPian

Amazing write up Siddhesh.
I can only imagine what it is to own an Endeavour. I cant really say why but i have always loved it more than any other vehicle in 20 lakhs segment. I had the pleasure of driving it once while i was giving my car for servicing. And it was really mind blowing. The engine is very very responsive. The torque kicks in early. I had to keep pressing the brake more than the throttle to check the speed in city limits. And the seats are much more comfortable than before. I somebody aspire to buy one for myself. Doesn't matter what anybody says about it,Its a great vehicle.
All in all i must say that its a great choice to buy an endeavour. Enjoy buddy.
Old 30th May 2010, 10:23   #36
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Siddhesh,

It is an awesome looking beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
I am still scared to really throw the Endy at the really bad offroad stuff... any pictures from other owners on what they've put their Endys through will be good motivation!
We are always willing to provide such motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Suspension is jarry on bad roads at slow speeds, rear in uncomfortably jumpy on those sudden speed breakers
Composite fiber leafs are available for Endy, they were available for Endy even before Gypsy and Jeep. That can really improve the ride comfort. I have it on my Jeep.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2010, 12:20   #37
BHPian

Aniket, Samurai, thanks, that's motivation indeed I will be trying some of this stuff pretty soon! Have been doing a little bit now and then, will take pics next time and post them here.
Old 30th May 2010, 12:39   #38
BANNED

hi your endy looks great and hope your rule the road !

Here comes the usual question ,mileage kya hai
Old 30th May 2010, 13:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

My friends brand new Endy (3.0 AT 4x4) has been scratched all over and most of the stickering has been damaged. he spoke to Ford and they said it would cost 18K to replace!!! Can any of the Endy owners confirm this?

So he called up, asking if it's possible to buy the same decals elsewhere. If anyone knows of such a place. Please let me know.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 30th May 2010 at 13:16.
Old 30th May 2010, 13:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Here comes the usual question ,mileage kya hai
Started with 5-6, gone up to around 7-8 kmpl, and I hope it goes up a little more after the first servicing. Even at 7-8 kmpl of Diesel, I would be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
My friends brand new Endy (3.0 AT 4x4) has been scratched all over and most of the stickering has been damaged. he spoke to Ford and they said it would cost 18K to replace!!! Can any of the Endy owners confirm this? Shan2nu
That's terrible :( This is a car owner's worst nightmare, just hate people who defile pretty cars for sadistic pleasures... My sympathies with your friend. Not sure about the cost, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was expensive. Economics at play here. Those who care to change the stickering wouldn't care about the price since it's more to do with the heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hi your endy looks great and hope your rule the road !
I can't make up my mind on the ladder. Should I or should I not go for it? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Samurai : 30th May 2010 at 13:28. Reason: use multi-quote instead of back-to-back posts
Old 1st June 2010, 01:53   #41
BHPian

Did something with my Endy that I always dreamt of but never really achieved as well as I wanted to with my Ikon and my Fiesta... a take off. We were coming back from a late night movie, the roads were empty, and the new elevated pedestrian crossing ramps on Baner road provided the perfect setting for a take off jump in the Endy. And as we hit the ramp at 100 kmph, the Endy took off effortlessly, jumped a few meters and then almost as effortlessly glided back onto its wheels, rocking once more before settling into the ride. Not a whimper from the suspension, not one second of hesitation, absolutely no loss of control.

We did it again a few hundred meters at the second ramp, this time much slower.

It is such an addictive feeling, I am afraid it's here to stay!
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:34   #42
BHPian

Awesome ride siddesh,She is full on looker...I am just drooling.
I have been in two minds over the fortuner and endeavour.Fortuner has 8 months waiting so i am planning to go for the endy auto.Please give your review on the suspension,I am 6 feet tall and woul be mostly on the drivers seat.I read in the review that there is an engine lack and it does not give that amount of torque/power while overtaking.Is this true?
Also how is the leather on the seats?
And how long did it take for the delivery for your vehicle?
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:20   #43
BHPian

Kedar, yes, she's a stunner in black. Just like you, I can't stop drooling, and trust me, my wife hates me for it

Suspension is good, especially if you are in the driver's seat. The ride in the back can be a little bumpy because of it's leaf springs, but if you can run on slightly lesser tire pressure, it should be OK. At high speeds on uneven roads, it's a breeze, the problems come only when you hit those bad speedbreakers. There's a lot of space for the tires to bounce around, so taking those high speed jumps is a lot of fun. Over long journeys, I have found the Endy to be very comfortable.

For a six footer, getting in and out will be easy, and the front two rows also have a lot of leg room. You should be fine!

The engine lag - it's there, but it's minor, and more to do with the AT kicking in, rather than anything else. Doesn't give the same feel of urgent and immediate torque you get on a Fiesta, but after the first 1 second or so, the car simply shoots off. You can still leave the rest of the traffic at the signal when the lights turn green! Also, if the lag really turns you off, you can try overtaking in 3rd (manual override) gear... haven't done that yet though.

Leather is good, just like in the SXi Fiesta. Interiors are overall pretty good.

And waiting period, well, I was given 4 weeks, but got mine within a week. On an average, plan for 3-4 weeks.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:57   #44
BHPian

Hii Siddheshb, congrats for your new set of wheels. an excelent vehicle i must say. At the start of the thread you have mentioned about anti theft nuts for the wheels. could you elaborate on them a little as i own a 2.5ltr endy and would love to get them.
And as for the more rubber and less alloy , i have put on Bridgestone Desert Duellers AT 275/70/16 on the factory alloys and it looks butch and also it has raised the vehicle a bit.
Old 19th June 2010, 16:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
Hii Siddheshb, congrats for your new set of wheels. an excelent vehicle i must say. At the start of the thread you have mentioned about anti theft nuts for the wheels. could you elaborate on them a little as i own a 2.5ltr endy and would love to get them.
And as for the more rubber and less alloy , i have put on Bridgestone Desert Duellers AT 275/70/16 on the factory alloys and it looks butch and also it has raised the vehicle a bit.
Gill, the anti-theft nut has a "unique" head, that requires a specific type of "key" partner nut before the spanner can work on it. What it does it make it difficult (impossible?) for a thief with a normal spanner to take off your wheel. It costs about 900 per nut. Right now, I have it only on my spare, but I am thinking of getting it on all my tires. My friend in Mumbai once woke to find his car sitting on bricks, every wheel taken off! Hopefully, I can stop worrying about that.

Will try the new tires once these rub off a little bit Can you post some pictures of your new tires on your Endy?

Last edited by siddheshb : 19th June 2010 at 16:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks